• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Michigan mother who is facing murder charges after her 20-month-old son died of dehydration is expecting another child, relatives have revealed.

Andrea Todd, 26, and her husband Alexander Birkenmeyer, 30, were both arrested on Monday and charged with second-degree murder, involuntary manslaughter, and second-degree child abuse.

Their son Yurik died in March, three years after the couple's two-year-old daughter died due to SIDS and 'unsafe sleep conditions'. They never faced charges.

Now Todd's cousin has revealed that the couple are expecting their third child at the end of this year. Todd may have to give birth in prison.

Yurik spent most of 2017 in foster care after it was determined that he was at 'substantial risk of harm'. He was returned to his parents in October.

Less than five months later, Yurik was found dead in his crib.

Authorities said they discovered the child in a 'very hot room' at the family's home in Wyoming on March 16 after receiving a call that Yurik had stopped breathing.

A space heater had been placed next to his bed and there was no water, according to an arrest affidavit obtained by the Detroit Free Press.

Investigators determined that Birkenmeyer and Todd caused Yurik's death by the 'grossly negligent failure to perform legal duty; failure to provide water'.

Todd initially told police that she gave Yurik water and food when she heard him cry after coming home from work on the night before his death.

But Todd later admitted she had lied and told police 'she heard him cry and ignored it', Wyoming Detective Margaret McKinnon wrote in the affidavit.

Todd told investigators that, on the morning of Yurik's death, she canceled his doctor appointment and went back to sleep.

When Todd woke up, her son was dead. His death was listed as 'dehydration due to neglect by caregivers'.

Yurik's death came almost exactly three years after the couple lost their two-year-old daughter in March 2015 due to 'unsafe sleep conditions'.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-sons-dehydration-death-pregnant-again.html
1531932867318.jpeg
screen-shot-2018-07-17-at-5-04-27-pm.png

Last edited:
Dehydration takes a minute, babies don't die after a few hours of no fluids. She didn't give him anything for awhile plus the overheating.

So they most likely are responsible for the baby girl's death, are responsible for the baby boy's and she's pregnant again. Please yank this baby as soon as it draws it's first breath!

Yep it was the first thing that came to my mind. Poor little guy.

Wow ... unsafe sleeping conditions ? Most moms put some time ... effort and imagination into their kids sleeping space, then there is these kind of people that don't ...fucking really ? Like I'm stunned .. but I'm not, but I am. Shit my kids are adults and I still make sure they have the lux linens ... that shit is important to me.

Last edited:
Two year olds don’t usually die of SIDS. I think they suffocated her.

I doubt that she will be allowed to retain custody (unless the charges are dropped) of this child and that surrendering her rights will be part of her plea deal.

Well this new baby is as good as dead ... While most normal people are going to be Nooooo ... don't give that baby to her ... some bleeding heart is going to support it.

TRUE!

I would be concerned if the child was placed with relatives that might allow these parents access to the child in the future.

He had only been with her a few months. He had most likely been in a loving home and then taken away from every thing and person he knew, his entire world just ripped away and then neglected to death in a really horrific way. I can't imagine his utter confusion and terror.

@Satanica
The parents of a 1-year-old boy who died of dehydration have pleaded guilty to charges of second-degree murder and child abuse.

Alexander Birkenmeyer and Andrea Todd were accused of neglecting their son Yurik until he died in March 2018.

Yurik weighed 22 pounds when he was found dead at the couple’s Wyoming home. He had been removed from their home by Child Protective services in January 2017 after other people shared concerns for the child, but he was returned to their care that fall.

Court records show the couple had another child die in March 2015 because of unsafe sleeping conditions. Their daughter died from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome from sleeping next to one of her parents.
1570492135652.png

The parents of a 19-month-old child who was deprived of water until he died are headed to prison after they were sentenced Thursday.

Andrea Todd, the mother of Yurik Birkenmeyer, will spend 16 to 80 years in prison while father Alexander Birkenmeyer will spend 20 to 80 years in prison.

Yurik was found dead in his crib March 16 at his family’s Wyoming home on Longstreet Avenue, near US 131 north of 28th Street.

The temperature at the home was 85 to 90 degrees due to a space heater in the room.

At a hearing in August, a forensic pathologist testified the boy weighed 22 pounds at death, the same weight as he was at 9 months, according to the child’s medical records.

Investigators believe the child had been neglected for a significant period of time.

The mother had little to say to the sentencing judge.

“I’m just sorry I have to be here,” Todd said.

The father apologized to the parents who adopted him when he was a child in Russia.

“The main person I would like to apologize to is my son, but he is no longer here. So, I would like to apologize to everybody else that’s involved with this my parents who share my name and have to go through all this with me, Andrea and everybody else that’s been involved,” Birkenmeyer said.

Following the sentence, Yurik’s aunt said Todd loved her children, but justice was served.

“I’m not just fully putting the blame on him, because Sis knew what was going on, she just didn’t do anything about it. Do I think she should have gotten lower?” said Cheyenne Huff. “Yes, but I think both of them got what they needed to.”

These parents had two other children. One died in 2015 and the other was born a few months ago while the mother was in the Kent County Jail.

The child who died in March 2015 was due to sudden infant death syndrome related to co-sleeping with Birkenmeyer, according to court records.
When Todd was arrested in July 2018, it was revealed that she was pregnant with their third child.

The child is in foster care and prosecutors will be seeking termination of Todd’s parental rights.

Last edited:
These two make me sick.

Mom does not give a damn about her baby she is only sorry for herself.

They deserve to sit in a hot cell with no water or food just Like baby Yurik.

Fuck her sister, she is worse and deserved more time than what she got.

When the rights are terminated of the surviving child I hope it is not placed with either of these degenerate's families.

I doubt it will ever be known what really happened to this monster's first baby.

Baby Yurik's suffering saved the life of his sibling that does not have to grow up with these monsters.

The woman's response that she was sorry she had to be there lets you know any other child she birthed would be abused and neglected.

Back