• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
A toddler in Michigan died after ingesting an “extraordinary level” of fentanyl, a synthetic opioid that is far more potent than heroin, authorities say.

Ava Floyd, 18 months old, died on Christmas Day. The prosecutor’s office in the Detroit suburb of Macomb County said that the child’s parents had been producing and packing fentanyl in their home and that she ingested the narcotic.

Antonio Floyd, 28, and Shantanice Barksdale, 27, were charged Monday with second-degree murder, manslaughter, second-degree child abuse, and delivering or manufacturing a controlled substance, among other charges.

“The nation is experiencing an opioid epidemic. However, to see an infant experience such a tragic death on Christmas morning as a result of ingesting a large quantity of her parents' Fentanyl is truly gut-wrenching,” Macomb County prosecutor Eric Smith said in a news release.

Smith was not available to comment Tuesday. But he told the Detroit Free Press that investigators think the child overdosed after drinking something that contained the drug and that an autopsy showed that she had ingested the highest dose of fentanyl officials have seen in Macomb County (which has a population of 871,000). Smith said the autopsy showed that the child had ingested up to 15 times as much fentanyl as officials have seen in recent overdose deaths in the county.

The prosecutor’s office said the couple and their three children were at home on Christmas morning and later went to the children’s grandmother’s home. A short time later, Ava was found unresponsive. She died at a hospital on Christmas afternoon.

Smith told the Free Press that officers found scales, grinders, baggies, guns and drug residue inside the couple’s home. Officials also searched the children’s grandmother’s home, although it’s unclear whether they found anything. The grandmother isn’t facing charges.

Floyd and Barksdale are being held without bond. It was not immediately clear whether they have attorneys. Floyd, who has a felony record, is facing additional firearms charges.

Fentanyl fueled a significant increase in overdose deaths in the county, as reported by local media outlets that cited a 2017 report by the Macomb County Medical Examiner’s Office. Fentanyl-related deaths rose by nearly 40 percent, from 144 in 2016 to 199 in 2017.

Fentanyl-related deaths nationwide have increased significantly over the past several years: a 264 percent jump from 2012 to 2015. In Macomb County, the number of fentanyl-related deaths went from zero in 2011 to 144 in 2016, according to the county’s health department.

Fentanyl is up to 100 times as powerful as morphine and is far deadlier than heroin. It is often added to heroin to increase its potency. Two milligrams of fentanyl is fatal for most adults.
full

https://www.washingtonpost.com/crim...en-she-was-months-old/?utm_term=.96ee5872911e

The father of a 1-year-old who died of an apparent drug overdose on Christmas day 2018 pleaded no contest to second-degree murder and other charges last week.

At the same time, a second-degree murder charge against the child’s mother was dropped.

29-year-old Antonio Floyd pleaded no contest to second-degree murder, second-degree child abuse and two counts of delivery or manufacture of less than 50 grams of a controlled substance in Macomb County Circuit Court last week, the report said. Fentanyl, an illegal and potent opioid, was found in his daughter’s system after her death, the report said. Ava was 18 months old.

Floyd’s sentencing hearing is set for Jan. 22, the report said. A convicted felon, he is being held without bond. The judge in the case dismissed charges against Floyd for manslaughter, felony firearm and possession of a firearm by a felon.

27-year-old Shantanice Barksdale, Floyd’s girlfriend and mother of Ava, also faces charges in the case, the report said. While second-degree murder was dismissed, she is still charged with manslaughter and second-degree child abuse. Gun and drug charges also were dismissed. Barksdale’s pretrial is scheduled for Dec. 18. She was released on bond in April.

A Clinton Township woman whose young daughter died after ingesting drugs was ordered to serve about 10 additional months in jail for her role in the incident. Her husband is serving a longer term for his role.

Shantanice Barksdale, 28, received the sentence from Judge Richard Caretti in Macomb County Circuit Court during a remote video hearing for the Christmas Day 2018 death of 18-month-old Ava, who ingested fentanyl.

The sentence handed down was one year, but she previously served 72 days in jail, and reported to jail by 6 p.m. Wednesday, as required. She could receive five days of credit per month for good behavior.

Barksdale in January pleaded no contest to involuntary manslaughter and second-degree child abuse after Caretti dismissed a second-degree murder charge and two drug charges against her last December.

Barksdale’s attorney, Lillian Diallo, protested the original murder charge and filed the dismissal motion.

“She’s accepted her fate but will never accept the fate of her daughter,” Diallo said after the sentencing.

Her husband, Antonio Floyd, 30, received a harsher sentence, five to 20 years, in January after pleading no contest in December to second-degree murder, second-degree child abuse and two counts of delivery or manufacture of less than 50 grams of a controlled substance.

The couple have two other children; Barksdale has maintained supervised visitation with them while the case has been pending.

And poison in dog food, and poison in baby food too, but they sent that to Japan because they *really* hate the Japanese (same poison, tho)

Melamine plastic in protein powder, milk, and formula. The test for percentage of protein was based on nitrogen level. Melamine plastic is high in nitrogen. Killed my Rottweiler, sweetest dog I ever owned.
Post automatically merged:

Melamine plastic in protein powder, milk, and formula. The test for percentage of protein was based on nitrogen level. Melamine plastic is high in nitrogen. Killed my Rottweiler, sweetest dog I ever owned.

He was (spontaneously) a seeing eye dog for my blind Labrador, and a seizure dog for my husband. Rocky was amazing. :-(

Last edited:
Once again: THANKS CHINA!

Fentanyl, COVID, bath salts, shite consumer goods, industrial espionage, technology theft, murder hornets... they need their own fucking Pearl Harbor.
At first I was wondering why were thanking China bc it was Craygor who had posted the previous reply. Then I realized you meant China the country not China the former member. Then of course I realized it wasn’t a genuine thank you. Geez I’m slow tonight.

At first I was wondering why were thanking China bc it was Craygor who had posted the previous reply. Then I realized you meant China the country not China the former member. Then of course I realized it wasn’t a genuine thank you. Geez I’m slow tonight.
As a rule of thumb, start by assuming I'm being sarcastic. Not always true, but it's a good starting point.

Back