• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Another one from ghosttruck!

[....]
An orphaned baby bird traveled to a wildlife rehabilitation center — all by itself — after a group of drunk friends who encountered it ordered the animal an Uber, as they were unfit to drive.

The group came across the orphaned lesser goldfinch while drinking in Utah on June 29. They said the bird fell from a tree and needed help.

"Impromptu, sitting in some camp chairs, hanging out, having a few drinks when we had a visitor fall out of the sky," one of the men, Tim Crowley, told KSTU.

Crowley said that, at first, calling an Uber for the bird felt like a joke. But "then we were like, 'No, really. Why not? We're paying them.'"

The first Uber driver, upon learning of the situation, canceled the ride, he said. The second driver, Christy Guynn, didn't seem to question the situation.

"If you're paying for it, I'm all for it," she said.

Less than an hour later, the bird arrived at the Wildlife Rehabilitation Center of Northern Utah in Ogden.
[....]
The Uber driver said she believes a lot of men, drinking and having fun, would've most likely decided to "just throw [the bird] to the cats or throw it in the garbage."

"So my heart goes out to those guys," she said of their kind deed.

The center's director, Dalyn Marthaler, said the bird — who they nicknamed "Petey — was thin and dehydrated upon arrival. He said the lesser goldfinch should be released into the wild in Utah in the coming weeks.

Back