• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Good morning. There are now 5 dead, and 450 cases in 33 states, as of this post.

Post automatically merged:

Ut oh!

I vape cannabis distillate and absolutely love it ..
Now, I'm nervous .. :nailbiting:

Make sure there is no vitamin E acetate in your vaping products. Please.

Last edited:
It's cannabis vape, nicotine vape uses glycerin, and the same glycol used in cake frosting. Vitamin E acetate in pot vape seems to be the issue. It's being used to make the product look thicker, thus more concentrated. I use shake or flower in my pot vape. Dabs, wax, oil, crackle; I don't know what the hell's in that shit. Makes me think of honey oil, gtfo.

Good morning. There are now 5 dead, and 450 cases in 33 states, as of this post.

Make sure there is no vitamin E acetate in your vaping products. Please.

I'm going to see if the ingredients are listed online, if not, I'm emailing the place I get them from ..

There are now 14 cases of severe lung illness in Dallas County related to e-cigarettes. Five of those cases were reported just Monday morning.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is investigating the cause of the outbreak and has urged people to stop vaping until researchers can identify the specific source.

Many of the patients are teenagers. In Dallas County, the average age is 19.

Of the 14 Dallas County cases reported, seven of the patients have required respiratory life support. That puts the total number of cases across the U.S. at about 450.
[....]
“Many of the persons have been associated with using THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, but not all of them,” said Dr. Philip Huang, Director of the Dallas County Health Department. “But that’s why I still think there’s further investigation to see exactly what’s going on with this.”
“We know that the aerosol in the e-cigarettes or vaping devices contain things that you aren’t supposed to inhale, like tin and lead and chromium and heavy metals, which can be very toxic to the lungs,” said Dr. Devika Roa with Children’s Medical Center Dallas.

Dr. Roa is a pulmonologist with Children’s Medical Center Dallas. She says she is screening a lot more of her patients for a history of e-cigarette use than ever before. She also says even the flavorings thought to be safe for oral ingestion have not been proven safe for inhalation.

Holy shit! How many are we going to end up with?

DALLAS - A family from Tyler has a frightening account of how quickly a teenager's vaping habit turned into a life-threatening lung illness.

Whitney Livingston is receiving lifesaving treatment at a Children’s Medical Center Dallas. She is a senior in high school and just got her first job as a restaurant hostess.

“She could have almost died,” said her mother, Jennifer Audas. “And her oxygen had already dropped all the way. There was pneumonia in both lungs. The doctor said it looked like no pneumonia he'd ever seen.”

It started two weeks ago with symptoms resembling a stomach virus, but Whitney wasn't getting better. She developed a fever, cough and rapid breathing.

Audas says Whitney, who’d been vaping for two years, had a good idea of what was happening after seeing recent news reports.

“She kind of knew that this was what it was,” Audas said. “She knew how much she had been vaping, and she knew the risks of it.”

Audas says she even forwarded an article to her daughter about Fort Worth 17-year-old Tryston Zohfeld who says he nearly died from severe lung damage after three years of vaping.

“She had decided, ‘I can't do this anymore. I'm going to put this down. I'm not going to vape.’ And that's the night she started running a fever,” Audas recalled.
full

[....]

Last edited:
This may be the crack in the case: these guys sold untold numbers of illegal, bootleg vape cartridges. We will see if there is a connection to the spike in vaping sickness....

Ut oh!

I vape cannabis distillate and absolutely love it ..
Now, I'm nervous ..
No worries Myra. One of the first detractors from vaping was that there were no smoky clouds on exhale. The introduction of ethylene ,propylene glycols, and acetates produced enormous cloud puffs. Before distillation processes were perfected, these were also being added to cannabis cartridges. Now with distillate it is pure oil with only added terpenes from the same plant. Ingesting anything in excess is risky but cannabis distillate is probably the safest vaping product out there today. Peace

Mississippi reports in now..

No worries Myra. One of the first detractors from vaping was that there were no smoky clouds on exhale. The introduction of ethylene ,propylene glycols, and acetates produced enormous cloud puffs. Before distillation processes were perfected, these were also being added to cannabis cartridges. Now with distillate it is pure oil with only added terpenes from the same plant. Ingesting anything in excess is risky but cannabis distillate is probably the safest vaping product out there today. Peace

That reminds me, I got to pick up some antifreeze.

Last edited:
That's great news, thank you so much ..

I hardly ever smoke bud now, only when I'm with friends ..

India bans e-cigarettes as global vaping backlash grows

Great, let's ban vaping but sell cigarettes by the crate .. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Shocking X-ray shows how vaping left teen’s lungs caked with hardened oil

Anthony Mayo, 19, fell seriously ill last week in Erie, Pennsylvania and he was unable to breathe on his own because his lungs had became severely congested with solidified vape oil. Anthony’s father, ieth Mayo, told Metro US that doctors warned him ‘right now, at the age of 19, (Anthony’s) got the lungs of a 60-year-old, two-pack-a-day, smoker.’ The teen’s lungs are likely to be scarred for life, according to his doctor.
‘As the doctor says, anytime you put moisture into your lungs its not good…If you put oil and moisture into your lungs, now you’re causing complications,’ Keith said, explaining that a doctor likened it to bacon grease that hardened after it cooled.

Back