• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A mother and her new partner poisoned her toddler to cover up a series of beatings – then played video games and used Facebook as she lay dying, a court heard.

Eve Leatherland, aged just 22-months, died in October 2017 at her home after suffering car crash-like injuries, a jury was told.

The child had a fractured skull, broken ribs and a ruptured liver but her mother Abigail Leatherland and boyfriend Tom Curd failed to seek help, it was claimed.

The child’s post mortem revealed a large amount of the strong adult painkiller codeine, a drug that under no circumstances should be given to a child.

The trial of both Leatherland, 24, and Curd, 31, from Watford, got underway at Truro Crown Court on Tuesday.

Both defendants are charged with murder, manslaughter by gross negligence, and causing or allowing the death of a child at their home in Liskeard, Cornwall.

They both deny the charges and say they were not responsible for the injuries Eve suffered in the build-up to her death – or the administration of the codeine.

Sean Brunton QC said: ‘Eve Leatherland was murdered in her own home.

‘In the few days leading up to her death she was assaulted on at least two occasions, possibly several more, and in the course of those assaults she suffered a fractured skull, several fractures ribs, a split liver and numerous other injuries of varying severity

‘Not only did she suffer a fractured skull and ribs on one occasion but it seems that when she was assaulted again the second assault was sufficiently similar to the first that it re-fractured her skull and re-fractured some of her ribs, tearing apart the young bones as they started to knit back together.

After these attacks she was then given medication. Not medication kindly given to alleviate her suffering.

‘Not a tea-spoon full of Calpol to take the edge off a nasty cold or a banged knee. But rather, she was given so much medication that she was killed by it.

‘Indeed the evidence would appear to be that the codeine alone, irrespective of the injuries would have been enough to kill her.’

Depending on the details of the liver rupture, this would have been a peaceful way to go for the poor girl. Respiratory depression following opiate overdose is basically, from my clinical knowledge, falling asleep. She would have been lightheaded, super sleepy, and then nodded off, never to wake up.

Sadly doesn’t change the fact that these two fuckwits should rot in a Syrian prison. Such a senseless loss.

Monsters do exist.

This will be a little bit of rant because articles like this often make me want to take a break from posting.

My mind begins to think that this child never had a moment in their short life where they felt safe and truly loved.

The article says the male was a new partner- how many men before did she allow to abuse her daughter and was she a willing partner who egged on the abuse.

Sometimes it is just too much for me to think about.

@Satanica
A man who beat and poisoned his partner's 22-month-old daughter has been jailed for a minimum of 20 years.

Eve Leatherland had multiple fractures and a fatal dose of codeine in her system when she was found "stiff" in her bed in Cornwall in October 2017.

Thomas Curd, 31, was found guilty of her murder at Truro Crown Court on Thursday.

Her mother Abigail Leatherland, 26, was found guilty of causing or allowing her death but acquitted of manslaughter.

She was jailed for three-and-a-half years.

Judge Mrs Justice May told Curd he "wilfully, fatally failed Eve over and over when you repeatedly assaulted her".

Sentencing Leatherland, the judge said she "did not take any steps to protect or care for Eve".

"I have no doubt your greatest punishment is knowing that you failed your daughter when she most needed you.

She added it was a "bleak, disorientating and comfortless way for that little girl to die".

3 1/2 years really. She allowed (at best) or participated in her child's death, and she will be out in time to have a long happy life. She will already have the pony for her next set of children.
Poor baby girl.

A baby killed by her mum and step-dad two years ago has still not been buried, an inquest heard.

Eve Leatherland has been kept in a freezer since October 2017 when she was beaten, poisoned and left to die aged 22 months.

An inquest this week heard legal wrangling involving Eve's alleged biological father Dean Bird had meant she had still not had a funeral.

A coroner described the delay as "disgraceful."

Eve's alleged biological father, Dean Bird, has been battling the courts since 2017 as he requests to be acknowledged as Eve's father, but is not named on Eve's birth certificate.

Mr Arrow told the inquest that in September last year he told Mr Bird to go to court to confirm he is Eve's natural father and ascertained that "Eve could not be released to anybody until court had sorted out who was the next of kin".

Speaking after the inquest, Mr Arrow said that it's "disgraceful" that Eve's body is still yet to be released, over two years since she died.

Mr Bird previously said he is desperate to bury her close to his family home in Nottinghamshire.

However, as he was not with Eve's mother when her birth was registered he is not named on the birth certificate and therefore has no legal parental rights.

He said he has offered to pay for a DNA test to prove that he is Eve's father.

He added: "As Eve's father I wish to bring her body, when it is released, to be buried near me.

"My daughter deserves to be laid to rest by a father who loves her and in an area where it is accessible for me and my family, so we have a place to go to visit Eve and remember her."

Mr Arrow finished his statement by mentioning a new government fund that ensures bereaved parents no longer have to pay for the cost of their child's burial or cremation.

"My daughter deserves to be laid to rest by a father who loves her and in an area where it is accessible for me and my family, so we have a place to go to visit Eve and remember her."
How often did he visit his dearly loved daughter while she was alive? Was he fighting to establish his paternity while she was alive?

A toddler who was drugged and beaten to death by her mother's boyfriend has finally been buried after her grieving father won a two-year legal battle.

Eve Leatherland was just 22 months old when she was killed at her home in Liskeard, Cornwall, in 2017.

But her father, Dean Bird, was only able to lay her to rest earlier this month following a prolonged legal battle to obtain the necessary permissions after he was left off the birth certificate.

Dean took to Facebook on the day of the ceremony, February 8, to pay tribute to his daughter.
His post read: 'Too good for this world. We all know they needed a princess in heaven and heaven got the best there is.

'You, my princess, will always be my princess but remember one thing... if one day you find your prince just remember I’m daddy and you're my princess.

I love you more than you’ll ever know and today we lay you to sleep in your forever bed I love you night night my angel xxxxx. 'You kept the sun shining all day.'
He also shared photographs from the ceremony of Eve's pink coffin that had arrived in a carriage pulled by four white horses.
[/QUOTE]

Back