• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Why is this weird, you ask?

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/a...uxury-bag-made-out-of-old-leather-train-seats
pup-amtrak-collection.jpg

Amtrak is teaming up with the People for Urban Progress, an Indianapolis-based nonprofit that specializes in developing recycled products, to upcycle 6,080 leather seat covers from 20 retired Acela Express train cars into something, well, more handy: first-class bags.

Approximately 2,500 units are on the fast track to production — and will be dropped in small quantities over the next year.

The collab’s second batch, which launched Monday, includes the “Conductor” weekender ($435), “Agent” backpack ($385), “Passenger” tote ($185) and “Dispatcher” dopp kit ($75).

Each of the slate-blue leather creations is unique, featuring the former seats’ small holes, inconsistencies and stains.

This transformative project comes after Amtrak began updating their train’s interiors on the Boston-to-Washington, DC, line this summer.

The high-speed collections are an effort by both companies to stop quality infrastructure from being dumped into landfills.
[....]

I wonder how many folks are going to buy these?

I cant wait to spend a shit ton of money to carry my personal belongings in a piece of jacked up leather that has seen more ass than a whore house!

I thought I was going to be the only one who thought that recycled train seat leather shouldn't cost that much and my mind went straight to the nasty butts all over them. :D But I see I"m not.

I'm guessing they jacked up the price using the train ( :) ) of thought that if it's extremely expensive it must be worth it. They'll sell them. If only so the buyers can brag that they have seats from an Amtrak train.

Back