• You must be logged in to see or use the chatbox

DIAFplease

New phone, who dis?
Bold Member!
Ok. Well. It was very naked and dildo-y? I mean I didn't hate it but I am definitely confused. I don't know if they are vampires (without fangs?) or ghosts or just freaks? What was up with the vampire child nursery with video game walls? Is the hotel itself the evil like in Murder House? So many questions!

.... or is could just be a fanfiction about Lady Gaga and Matt Bomer? Hotel California had me eye rolling and kind of thinking - dude, totally ripped off the idea from this song and the only real concept we'll likely get this season is "you can check out any time you like but you can never leave."

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

DIAFplease

New phone, who dis?
Bold Member!
Oh and a LOT of the scenes reminded me of other movies - The Shining (obviously), Hostel, Seven, Saw, 1408 and even Minority Report when the wife says "he looks just like you" when talking about their son who vanished in broad daylight but ended up in the creepy nursery.

Xara

I had to LOL @ naked and dildo-y.

I am confused and have questions as well. Hard to discuss without spoiling it though. There is most definitely a vampire vibe going on.

One thing though....I didn't think the kid looked anything like him. Am I blind?

I ended up liking Gaga a lot more than I thought I would.
I liked it and look forward to next week.

DIAFplease

New phone, who dis?
Bold Member!
I think he's going for sex/blood because Freak Show was so boring but it's not making a lot of sense right now. I am more interested in this one episode than I was in the entirety of the last season but more confused than all the seasons put together. Gaga is no Jessica but she's not as terrible as I thought. The 4some scene was super awk.

Valasca

Death, horror, torture
I mean, it's a hotel in California. The last song played gives it away.
But no. Gaga isn't a vampire. She's a serial killer.
The children? I don't know. Might be vampires since the boy is the same age as when he went missing. His sister is what, 5 years older?
I think it's another Murder House. If you die there, you're stuck there.
Can't wait to see what they do with Lady Elizabeth Taylor. He's not pretty, is he?

CalleighB

Oh and a LOT of the scenes reminded me of other movies - The Shining (obviously), Hostel, Seven, Saw, 1408 and even Minority Report when the wife says "he looks just like you" when talking about their son who vanished in broad daylight but ended up in the creepy nursery.
I want to add The Hunger to that list. I hadn't thought of it until someone on dlisted (I think), compared it. But I agree.

DIAFplease

New phone, who dis?
Bold Member!
I can't say The Hunger because I think I've watched that once a hundred years ago so there is only a vague 80s vampire memory. But I just recently watched Minority Report and the whole tortured cop/lost child/broken marriage because dad looks like the missing child stuck in my mind.

Caligirl90

The Bitch Witch Penguin
I am on the "hate" train. The drill dildo part made me not even want to finish it. It seemed like they were trying way to hard to make it sick and gory, and didn't follow through with the story and using your own mind as your worst enemy like in past seasons. Coven was my favorite season, but even Freak Show was better than this to me. They have done some sick and gory stuff in the other seasons, but it was just done so much better.

mynameiskat

Brown Chicken Brown Cow
Poor Schmidt lol he did not deserve the unicorn dildo of death!
I rolled my eyes when I heard Lady Gaga was on the show and
She killed it. You go blood thirsty, small child kidnapping Tetris
Queen of horrors!

Weird bed dude is creeping me out. That stop/start coming at me
With the weird face crap always freaked me out since like House on
haunted hill. Kathy Bates is annoying me. She is playing the victim
When she makes a way better bitch.

Hooker/Drug chick I need more of a back story on along with the
Cross dressing Lynch guy but all in all I liked it. We shall see where
It ends up next week.

DIAFplease

New phone, who dis?
Bold Member!
I like the aesthetic and I like the feel, I even don't mind the borrowing from movies but the gratuitous sex/rape is in poor taste. Especially ass rape with like close ups. A shot of the dildo would have sufficed but to cut back to it several times? I was like, damn, this is not even HBO. The sex scene with Gaga was too long also because it was super awkward and I was embarrassed for them. I think if he cut out his personal spank bank scenes, it could be ok.

Xara

Besides the cop, I think Kathy might be the only one that is actually alive.

Last edited:

rita

substitute soccer mom
I had to LOL @ naked and dildo-y.

I am confused and have questions as well. Hard to discuss without spoiling it though. There is most definitely a vampire vibe going on.

One thing though....I didn't think the kid looked anything like him. Am I blind?

I ended up liking Gaga a lot more than I thought I would.
I liked it and look forward to next week.
Kid looked nothing like him!

DIAFplease

New phone, who dis?
Bold Member!
I think most of them are alive but junkie chick with the crimped hair. I can't tell if drilldo is just a person in a latex suit or a monster. That's why it's so confusing!

Mata Hari

Dirty Gutter Bitch
Besides the cop, I think Kathy might be the only one that is actually alive.
I agree, except I think Kathy is dead too. I also think it is like the Haunted House season in that, if you die there, you stay there.

The vampire kids had me a bit thrown off but so did Gaga, drinking blood but not biting the victims?

The drilldo was pretty horrifying and I had to cover my kids eyes! She noticed it was Schmidt before I did though.

One of my friends thinks Twisty, before he became Twisty, stayed there too. The clown in the previews....

DIAFplease

New phone, who dis?
Bold Member!
Meh. Someone tell me why formly good actors are being so over the top and ridiculous?

Although, I loved Evan (another shout out (?) to another story, basing him loosely on H. H. Holmes), he did a great job but Finn? I was rolling my eyes, it was Dandy with a different costume on. I had high hopes for him. Gaga wasn't terrible this episode.

mynameiskat

Brown Chicken Brown Cow
I can't take that kid playing the serial killing Walt Disney seriously I just can't... And I liked him previous seasons but this is just really horrible acting LOL

DIAFplease

New phone, who dis?
Bold Member!
I can't take that kid playing the serial killing Walt Disney seriously I just can't... And I liked him previous seasons but this is just really horrible acting LOL
I actually like him!! Last nights episode was much better than the others and surprisingly, I don't really hate Gaga that much.

mynameiskat

Brown Chicken Brown Cow
Oh I wanted to hate GAGA so bad and I don't... Bummer lol
That Angala Basset Afro/70's/Shaft montage made me laugh out loud.

Valasca

Death, horror, torture
Swear to gods I am digging Dennis O'Hare. I love Liz Taylor, she's creepy.
So Lily Rand as Lee Wuornous. Not bad, but a bit over dramatic with the head jerks. Lee didn't do it quite like that.
I cracked up when Zodiac walked by. I kind of expected to see his face, but since he was never caught, makes sense.
"Hey, Ricky!"

DIAFplease

New phone, who dis?
Bold Member!
Yeah, the head jerks were a bit much but overall, not a terrible episode at all. Last season I didn't even want to watch it, it was so bad, this one has the creepy factor again like the first 2 seasons and Gaga is actually adding not detracting like I thought she would. I especially liked the reference to the Chicken Ranch murders. That was some serious fucked up shit.

Mata Hari

Dirty Gutter Bitch
So, Last Week's episode was pretty awesome to me. Fucking monster, vampire baby. I thought that was cool as shit. Also, damn Gaga - why you gotta kill the dude, he just loved someone else. I wonder if she will go back to the other guy now.

DIAFplease

New phone, who dis?
Bold Member!
I watched it over the weekend. I totally forgot about it Wednesday. I actually like this season, hated the last and Coven was meh so I am surprised I am enjoying it. Gaga is still doing an decent job, who woulda thunk it?

Mata Hari

Dirty Gutter Bitch
So, I loved Weds Episode this week, the Countess backstory was AWESOME and I am pretty sure the cop is the killer, right?

A lot of people have been poo-poo'ing on this season but I really like it. I find myself wondering how much time passed between The Countess being turned and her husband killing himself. Also, if he knows she's a vampire, why serve her dinner?

I really hope we see more of Valentino and his wife.

Staff online

Members online