• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Edwina Gein

Pinko Satanist Snowflake
Is it worth watching? All I know is Neil Gaiman wrote the book its based on, Bryan Fuller developed the series, and Peter Stormare plays an old Slavic (evil?) God which is almost enough for me to try it, but I like getting a feel from other people first

YES
[doublepost=1493769691,1493769634][/doublepost]Admittedly, I am a Brian Fuller fangirl after Hannibal. He has such a beautiful vision. The source material is beloved to me, and I was absolutely knocked on my ass by the first episode.

Is it worth watching? All I know is Neil Gaiman wrote the book its based on, Bryan Fuller developed the series, and Peter Stormare plays an old Slavic (evil?) God which is almost enough for me to try it, but I like getting a feel from other people first
that should be Odin or Loki which were Nordic and they were in the book which I would watch this movie for just because it is based on the book which was excellent

So kind of like Slavic Satan... he was pretty much the only good part of Constantine and he played the Devil in that so I'm down

@PsychoKitty, it said he's Czernobog... like the demon from Fantasia's Night on Bald Mountain?
I read the book [cringe] not long after it came out as I am a Gaiman fan along with other sci fi/fantasy urban authors and I thought it was Loki and Odin that were kinda pulling the strings nw I got to go see as I gave the book to a friend to read and have to find it online. Nermore is also excellent along with just about anything else he puts out, get on his twitter if a fan as he always has stuff up about his stuff

I admittedly haven't read anything of his but Coraline because (and this is petty as fuck) I don't like his wife

I admittedly haven't read anything of his but Coraline because (and this is petty as fuck) I don't like his wife
I know nothing of his wife, lol, I have a friend that is a huge fan of his and read that and will probably fill me in on any and everything about him [she actually met him which to me isn't something I try for other than Martin and that would be to lean on him to finish the fuck up with GOT so I can go on to other things.

He married Amanda Palmer, ex-lead singer of the Dresden Dolls. I used to like them, and her, a lot when I was younger but she says and does a lot of questionable things and hides behind art. Like I said, I'm petty

I love Ian McShane. I might look this up, I'm interested now but I hadn't heard of it before.

He married Amanda Palmer, ex-lead singer of the Dresden Dolls. I used to like them, and her, a lot when I was younger but she says and does a lot of questionable things and hides behind art. Like I said, I'm petty
not necessarily, she could just be vapid and believing her own pr. Was never a big fan of them but did like the white stripes.
[doublepost=1493774289,1493774235][/doublepost]
I love Ian McShane. I might look this up, I'm interested now but I hadn't heard of it before.
well, am sure it won't completely do the book justice but is dark and twisted and a good roller coaster thriller

I'm lost.....:arghh:
I'm gonna have to start watching it then I will hold your hand and lead you through it I went back to the book and found I led everyone way too far ahead, lol, remembered the last part but not the first.

Last edited:
The first episode is really solid!
just started watching it and yes, those are Vikings and that is Odin they are sacrificing to, love the first arrow kill when they landed! I don't remember the first of the book but there's allot of Gods in it! thanks for letting me know this was already out as I hadn't heard it was yet
Okay, don't want to make a ton of posts but watched it , loved it and will be hooked. NG is involved in the series heavily and has a strong hand in it so it will be true to form. They did a great makeup and pick with the asshole new tech antioldGod guy as well as others. The first weaselly guy in prison with him was Low Key Lyesmith, a name for Loki, lol, so, guess who. I vaguely remember more than just the base of it but liked it, very excited and am also waiting for the first Dark Towers flick to come out and the Midnight Texas series

Last edited:
@PsychoKitty, it said he's Czernobog... like the demon from Fantasia's Night on Bald Mountain?
the guy your talkin about in episode2 is a DG [dark God he;s called black something his twin brother is the sun God] and it has the Zoryas, the Slavic triple Goddess stars [morning, midnight, evening], which I forgot. This is an excellent storyline rewritten to perfection for screen with great actors and effects not some 2 bit budget dumb time wasting garbage that's out there. There's a couple that I tried that were too silly and slow for me to get through the first episode
Crap show
once again the voice of unreason, this show was so hot it broke all records under GOT

Last edited:
cracked me up when I saw him and realized he was the thug that fed his buddy to the woodchipper in Fargo.
[doublepost=1494444808,1494444760][/doublepost]
Is this on tv or streaming? What channel?
it's on starz but you can pay to stream

Oh man, I love Peter Stormare. He's my favorite character from Fargo and like the only good part of the movie Constantine

Starz signed for season2 before episode 3 even was aired. It is now one of the highest rated new series out

My only complaint so far is that there's too much Laura. I know they're trying to make her a sympathetic character but between what she did and how she acts, I can't bring myself to give a shit

But I like that she's traveling with Mad Sweeney and Salim because it means more MS and Salim

Also Crispin Glover weirds me out in general but he's extra creepy here

Last edited:
Also Crispin Glover weirds me out in general but he's extra creepy here
I too have always thought he was a creepy lookin dude, moreso here. Lara is I think a thorn Gaiman likes to pose: she's not a good person [i.e. Ibis and Anubis both reiterate that as well as well, here] we are suppose to look at redemption and whether or not she's redeemable, or worth it. Mad Sweeney is such a southie, articulate, intelligent, witty, eloquent, racist/culturist leprechaun, you can be cursing and admiring him at the same time. Now, I can let the original cat out of the bag after backing off of my original statement, yes, Weds is Odin. She will be more background I think in future episodes and am waiting for a reappearance of Mexican Jesus. Biggest mistake/bad call they made was by trying to show the fundie white "Christians" killing the illegals with a rosary in their hands with the bible scriptures carved on the rifles. The carved scriptures they do do but they aren't Catholic so the rosary would be a no go and a big one. Anyone ever around hard core southern Baptists knows if all others were defeated they would be going for the Catholic church and believers. If people couldn't figure out with the scripture alone what was going on they should be trying to follow that line [sarcasm]. Sweeny is such a delight of assholery he is one of the most entertaining characters. Shadow I feel bad for as now he is so wtf about everything.
[doublepost=1497243686,1496699300][/doublepost]OMG! okay, little more liking Lara but the latest story actually had tears rolling down my face in a way either you'll understand or not. It was incredible and Sweeney rocked it
Gaiman is also writing allot of the script and different than the books so people can't spoiler blow the episodes for themselves and others, am loving it like with GOT as then it's not predictable

Last edited:
Season 1's over! Anyone who wanted to wait and binge is now free to

I'm so glad Mr. Nancy came back, I love him

I'm starting to reread the book just because, if yo haven't read yet would recomend with everythng else he has done by himself, god omens is the nlyy thing that never moved me but he did that with Terry Pratchett [wrgsp] I think, whose good but not as enthralling. I hope I was able to entertain you a bit with links this morn

I'm definitely planning on reading it when I can and the videos were really funny, thank you. Sorry if I come and go a lot, I lose interest in stuff when I'm depressed so basically all I can do here is read, not so much interact; it doesn't mean I don't like you guys

I forgot to mention Ostara! Kristin Chenoweth was so good, her last scene was beautiful

I was really delighted reading it again and saw book ag2 Ananzis boys and am almost done with that, it's okay but not up to Gaiman par and deeply disappointing to be labeled ag anything, maybe just Ananzis boys with no mention of ag would have been better

Last edited:
Back