• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Lizard

Veteran Member
2055gci.jpg

PA - Amanda D. Trindle, 24, was sentenced Monday to 33 months to eight years in a state prison for involuntary manslaughter involving the death of her 14-month-old baby.

The children's father, Donald Leonard III, previously was convicted and sentenced to 5 to 10 years in prison for endangering the welfare of children and other counts.

Fourteen-month-old Jade Lynn Leonard was found dead in September 2005 of starvation and dehydration in her parents' home. Her brother, Leland, who was 3 months old at the time, was found starving and dehydrated, but still alive, in the overheated, feces-soiled room.

Trindle's attorney, Niels Eriksen said Leland, who is staying with relatives, “is doing fantastic. He is physically doing very well.â€￾

Trindle, who had no previous criminal record, is undergoing mental health treatment in prison.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/111-04222008-1522834.html

so, I now understand how sentencing works. If you kill your kid quickly through violence, it's murder and you will spend life in jail. If you kill them slowly through the agony of dying of starvation, it ok, all you will get is a few years. Thanks for the clarification.

So a child's life is only worth 33 months to 8 years? WTF! I agree Zander, let her starve like she did to her baby. There are so many couples in the world that can't have babies of their own, but then some stupid Asshat has children, and then starves them.

I am so tired of hearing that the parents were "having mental issues" as an excuse for killing their children. Harm yourself, but leave your kids alone. Big deal she is getting treatment. Can you assure me that she won't do this again?

Thirty three years to eight decades would have been a more appropriate sentence. Without food, but make sure she can see the other inmates when they get theirs, and have the guards walk by her cell every day with hot food from the 'outside', so she can smell it. Hold it just outside her reach, and tease her. Give her an IV drip every three days or so, to keep her alive. I don't want her to die, I just want the bitch to suffer. Well, until about a month before her release date - then withhold ALL solid and liquid sustenance. Selfish cunt. :mad:

This is why some people should not be allowed to procreate!
I too suffer from a mental illness which also caused me to go through deep post parum depression, but I never even THOUGHT of harming my own children! And you all tell me this selfish cunt is only getting 33 months to 8 years?! Wow the justice system really does suck!

Let her suffer and slowly starve to death like her children did, but please let her suffer in agony a slow painful suffering but do not let her die.:mad:

She was arrested right after she neglected her baby to death in September 2005 and it's been about 3 1/2 years since the conviction.... so she has served over six years...not enough IMO but at least this one served MORE than the minimum sentence.

I am sure she will come out of prison repentant, rehabilitated and fully prepared to be a useful, contributing member of society....Just Kidding.

http://inmatelocator.cor.state.pa.us/inmatelocatorweb/InmLocator.aspx

Amanda Trindle
Date of Birth: 03/12/1984 Citizenship: USA
Race: WHITE Complexion: MEDIUM
Height: 5' 07"
Current Location: MUNCY
Permanent Location: MUNCY
Committing County: SCHUYLKILL

Last edited:
At 27 she has at least a decade of child bearing years ahead of her. I hope someone is paying attention.

I always hope that these abusers and baby killers who get out of prison are so badly scarred internally that they are unable to conceive.

Her baby making bits are gonna be so rested up that she probably gonna start popping them out 2 or 3 at the time now. That's just the way that works usually.

Starving just seems so much more cold and calculating than say just whacking them with an axe and getting the suffering over with, I don't understand hurting anyone deliberately but I truly can't get my head around starving a child to death. There would be so little effort involved in feeding them, a bag of cheetos, ffs, would keep them alive.

Back