• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Unamused Cat

Veteran Member
amandagreen.jpg

A 31-year-old Greenville woman was charged today with filing a false report after deputies said she told them that a man tried to sexually attack her while she napped Thursday in her home on White Horse Road.
Advertisement

Charged was Amanda Cox Green, of 13043 Old White Horse Road. She had told authorities that the man had a goatee and had worn black clothing.

Investigators didn’t say why she may have made up the story.

She reported that an attacker struck her with a picture frame and that she went to Allen Bennett Hospital for treatment of minor cuts and bruises.

Deputies responded by setting up a perimeter, sent up a helicopter, and had a K-9 unit to search the area, but they never found anyone.

"We spent considerable time on this," Master Deputy Michael Hildebrand said.

He said if Green is convicted, the judge has a lot of latitude in such a case, including making her pay for the cost of the extensive search that deputies conducted.

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080502/NEWS01/80502053/1013/NEWS05

I hope she gets a bill. bah...

I keep picturing this wacko hitting herself on the head with a picture frame.

I would love to know what REALLY happened.

The spokesman for the police department here says the costs aren't likely to recouped.

Back