• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Just an update...

https://www.theindychannel.com/news...-crash-involving-school-bus-pleads-not-guilty

ROCHESTER, Ind. — The woman accused of crashing into four Indiana children as they crossed the street to get on a school bus pleaded not guilty Thursday morning, according to ABC 57 News in South Bend.

The suspect, 24-year-old Alyssa Shepherd, had previously told police she saw the lights from the bus but didn't realize what it was until the kids were in front of her. She has been charged with three counts of reckless homicide and one count of disregarding the stop arms on a school bus causing injury...

Continued

The residents of the trailer park where the children lived had complained and made that exact point, but the school district would not listen. NOW the school district has changed the route and the bus will pick kids from the trailer park up on their side of the road. Too bad it took three dead kids before they would listen.
And no one thought they should take 5 minutes out of their mornings to go with the children. They knew it wasn't safe and the best they could do was complain. Shame on those parents.

I would seriously have no reason to live after something like this. It would be impossible.

I agree ... how would you ever live this down or make it right.

She's so young ... could you imagine that coming up in a getting to know you kind of talk with a date.
Post automatically merged:

She saw the lights but she didn't know what they were ?

Really ... what about the big YELLOW bus ... did she know that was ?

Her Lawyer is a greedy piece of shit.

Last edited:
A jury is now deliberating the fate of a woman accused of hitting and killing three children and seriously injuring a fourth as they attempted to get on a school bus last year in Fulton County.

Closing arguments wrapped up this afternoon in the case against Alyssa Shepherd who is accused of striking and killing 6-year-old twins Mason and Xzavier Ingle and their 9-year-old sister Alivia Stahl in October 2018.

A fourth child, Maverik Lowe, 11 at the time, was also struck and seriously injured. Lowe survived.

Shepherd is charged with three counts of reckless homicide, one count of passing a school bus causing injury and one count of criminal recklessness resulting in serious bodily injury.

Shepherd testified she didn't take State Road 25 often, perhaps a couple times a week and not usually that early or late at night, WROI reported. Shepherd cried on the stand as she told jurors she could not process that it was a school bus until she saw kids and by then it was too late.

So her claim is stupidity. I see people driving stupid around school buses and kids all the time and it should be like the interstate construction sites where it's a mandatory prison and fine. Didn't she go through drivers ed? Probably was fidget spinning her phone.

I don’t know, at 55miles an hour you come on to things fast. In the dark I can understand her not realizing it was a school bus until it was too late, lot of box trucks have lots of flashing lights on them.
Ok she’s responsible, but whoever set up a route where children have to cross a 55 miles an hour road in the dark without an adult attendant holding a crossing sign is even more responsible for this tragedy

The woman behind the wheel when three children were hit and killed at their bus stop in Rochester has been found guilty.

Alyssa Shepherd, 24, was found guilty of three felony counts of reckless homicide, a count of criminal recklessness and passing a school bus causing injury.

Alyssa Shepherd will serve four years behind bars for running a school bus stop arm last October in Fulton County, killing three children and injuring a fourth.

Along with the four years at the Department of Corrections, she will serve three years on home detention followed by three years of probation.

Her driver’s license has been suspended for the entire ten years.

Emotions were running high in the courtroom as family members from both sides addressed the judge. Shepherd herself told the judge “This will be the hardest day of my life” with the family of the victims asking for the maximum sentence of 21 and a half years behind bars.
After the sentencing, Brittany Ingle, the mother of the three children who died, is accused of lunging at Shepherd.

The prosecutor told us Ingle made contact with Shepherd and will face misdemeanor battery charges.

"Driver attacked by victims' mom at prison sentencing in deaths of 3 siblings at bus stop"

" Brittany Ingle was accused of lunging and punching Alyssa Shepherd in December after a judge sentenced Shepherd to four years in prison. The mother of three children killed in a bus stop crash in Rochester, Indiana will not face charges for attacking the driver who hit her kids. "

A woman convicted of killing three siblings at a Rochester bus stop in 2018 wants her conviction dropped.

Alyssa Shepherd was convicted of reckless homicide, criminal recklessness and passing a school bus causing injury. Last year, a judge sentenced her to four years in prison, in addition to home detention and probation.

Lawyers for Shepherd filed an appeal arguing the state failed to present evidence that she acted recklessly.

She claims she made an error in judgment, thinking the bright lights ahead of her were an oversized load, which was negligent on her part.

Her attorneys argue that Indiana doesn’t criminalize negligence and claim the state didn’t clarify the difference between recklessness and negligence to the jury.

In addition, her lawyers claim criminal recklessness and recklessly passing the school bus were based on the same act and believe one of the charges should be thrown out.

The appeal also raises an issue with the suspension of her license, arguing that the legislature prohibits consecutive license suspensions that are part of one criminal episode.

Alyssa Shepherd, who hit and killed three children and seriously injured a fourth in a 2018 bus crash in Fulton County, was not granted an early release from prison.

Shepherd was sentenced to four years in prison in 2019 after being convicted on three counts of reckless homicide in connection to the crash that killed 9-year-old Alivia Stahl and the girl’s 6-year-old twin half brothers, Xzavier and Mason Ingle.
Shepherd could have been released from prison in December as part of a community transition program. However, Fulton County Superior Judge Greg Heller denied Shepherd's placement into the program on Monday after Fulton County prosecutors and members of the victims' families opposed the development.

Due to Indiana's jail time credit rules, Shepherd's originally scheduled release date was September 2022. Shepherd also completed a Bible study course while in prison, which reduced six months from the sentence.

Had Shepherd been approved for the community transition program, which is available to all inmates convicted of a Level 5 felony, she could have been released as early as December.

In October, Fulton County Prosecutor Michael Marrs filed a motion opposing Shepherd's release into the community transition program, saying he and the victims' families feel the early release does not square with Shepherd's actions.

"We feel like it’s an injustice, the sentence itself was too light. It just further wears on the family," Marrs told the Tribune last month. "We feel it’s taking an already too light sentence and making it even lighter.”

Brittany Ingle, the mother of the children who died in the crash, wrote a letter to the court saying Shepherd should stay behind bars for as long as possible.

An Indiana woman who struck and killed three young siblings as they crossed a road to board their school bus was released from prison early this week. Alyssa Shepherd, 27, was released from the Rockville Correctional Facility on Wednesday after serving just over two years of her four-year sentence, court records reviewed by Law&Crime show.

Shepherd in the early morning hours of Oct. 30, 2018 failed to stop for a school bus on Indiana 25 next to the Meiser Mobile Home Park despite the bus idling with its stop-arm and lights fully activated, the South Bend Tribune reported. As she passed the stationary bus, Shepherd struck and killed 9-year-old Alivia Stahl, as well as her 6-year-old twin brothers, Xzavier Ingle and Mason Ingle. The collision also left a fourth child, Maverik Lowe, severely injured. Lowe was not related to the other three children.
In December 2019, Shepherd was convicted on three counts of reckless homicide, one count of criminal recklessness for aggressive driving resulting in serious bodily injury, and one count of passing a school bus with the arm extended resulting in serious bodily injury, court records show. Fulton Superior Court Judge Gregory L. Heller ordered her to serve a sentence of four years in prison.
Shepherd was initially slated to be released from prison in September 2022, but under Indiana’s state law governing jail credit, her sentence was reportedly reduced by six months after she completed a Bible study course offered by the facility.

Following her release from prison, Shepherd must serve three years of home detention, during which she is required to wear a GPS-monitored ankle device. She must then serve an additional three years of probation.
Brittany Ingle, the mother of the children killed in the crash, expressed her anger at Shepherd’s release in an interview with South Bend ABC affiliate WBND-LD.

“She saw me screaming over my dead children’s body and showed no mercy,” said Ingle, reading a message that sounded like a victim impact statement. “Alyssa Shepherd not only stole the lives of my three children, she destroyed my family.”
“I’m still kind of in shock. We knew this day was coming. We just didn’t expect it to come this fast,” she added.

Ingle also expressed dismay at Shepherd’s alleged lack of accountability for the deaths of her three children.

“I mean she literally has not accepted the role of responsibility for my children’s death,” Ingle reportedly said. “She’s had enough time, if she cared enough to reach out or write a letter or have our attorney. I mean, she’s done nothing to you know, advocate for school bus safety.”

I don’t think this mother has other surviving children? She punched her in the courtroom. I hope if she runs this woman over and kills her she gets a sentence 1/3 off what this bitch got and serves 1/2 of it.

If my math is right that’s about 8 months. I’d spend 8 months in jail to kill someone who killed my kids and then didn’t take responsibility or care.

The sentence sickens me .. but had she wrote the mom .. that would have been wrong in her eyes as well .. this woman got off really easy for taking three lives and screwing up a fourth one .. she ought to disappear and change her name .. if I were the parents .. I would be looking for her!!

Back