• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
always-81.jpg

The Always brand is removing the female symbol from its sanitary product packaging — a nod to transgender and gender-non-conforming customers who may use their products, according to a new report.

Procter & Gamble, the brand’s parent company, said that it would remove the Venus signs from its packaging beginning in December and all of its products — distributed worldwide — will have a new design by February, NBC reported.

The decision came after trans activists — starting with 18-year-old Ben Saunders from the UK, who was named campaigner of the year by the LGBT charity Stonewall — voiced his concerns to Always on Twitter in June, Newsweek reported.

Another advocate, Molly Bloom, also came forward, according to NBC.

Full Story:
https://nypost.com/2019/10/22/always-to-remove-female-symbol-from-sanitary-product-packaging/

I don't understand how people are getting so riled up about this. If it makes a small percentage of our society more comfortable and doesn't affect the rest one way or another, let it be so. Personally, I never even noticed there was a gender symbol on the packaging but then, I was born afab and don't have to deal with "you're not a real man/woman" on a daily basis.

If you were dealing with it, you're rational and would understand why others might be confused and, perhaps, resentful that they're expected to change their lives along with you. If I were a trans, I wouldn't expect the world to change in order to make me feel like everyone else. That would be up to me to figure out and it wouldn't involve bullshit like brand symbols. How are trans people even using feminine hygiene products?

If you were dealing with it, you're rational and would understand why others might be confused and, perhaps, resentful that they're expected to change their lives along with you. If I were a trans, I wouldn't expect the world to change in order to make me feel like everyone else. That would be up to me to figure out and it wouldn't involve bullshit like brand symbols. How are trans people even using feminine hygiene products?

Female to male transitioning would be a trans person potentially using feminine products.

I think it's silly they announced it, but who cares if they do it. The symbol on the package did literally nothing positive for anyone and bothered a few, so whatever. Why not. They'll save themselves the hassle later.

If a company wants to be PC in a way that doesn't hurt a single person, and helps a few people (albeit slightly batty people), why the hell not? Why get mad about this?

Ummmm....I'm not a doctor and have no formal training in anatomy or reproduction, but I'm fairly certain you need a functioning VAGINA to menstruate. Just because you want to trade in your vag for a peen doesn't mean that a company should have to rebrand their products to suit you. SMGDH

I don't understand how people are getting so riled up about this. If it makes a small percentage of our society more comfortable and doesn't affect the rest one way or another, let it be so. Personally, I never even noticed there was a gender symbol on the packaging but then, I was born afab and don't have to deal with "you're not a real man/woman" on a daily basis.
It's not about trans, it's about the corporation pretending they care. We don't like being compelled to pretend that this shit matters.
What tiny percentage of an already tiny percentage actually care about this crap? We are pissed because the manufacturer turned something immaterial it into a virtue signalling moment.
If these manufacturers were really concerned, they would donate to prisons and jails to help women ( bio females) actually in need of product. But it's a minor cost to remove an image from the wrapper and then tell the world how marvelous they are to care so much about a tiny segment of the trans population with an imaginary need for period products.
When will the jock itch advertising cater to FTM trans people? Fake balls get itchy too!

I have nothing against trans people, but I find anyone getting their panties (or boxers) in a bunch over something so insanely insignificant ridiculous. There are plenty of real problems in the world, some of them life or death problems that affect large numbers of people. Wasting time and energy on something so insignificant is absurd.

It's not about trans, it's about the corporation pretending they care. We don't like being compelled to pretend that this shit matters.
What tiny percentage of an already tiny percentage actually care about this crap? We are pissed because the manufacturer turned something immaterial it into a virtue signalling moment.
If these manufacturers were really concerned, they would donate to prisons and jails to help women ( bio females) actually in need of product. But it's a minor cost to remove an image from the wrapper and then tell the world how marvelous they are to care so much about a tiny segment of the trans population with an imaginary need for period products.
When will the jock itch advertising cater to FTM trans people? Fake balls get itchy too!
Your argument is so very cogent. You expressed exactly how I feel but way better than I could have! I am awfully tired of corporations and individuals throwing roses at themselves for actions that they did JUST so they CAN throw roses at themselves. If there had been any altruism in their action they would not point it out......

I suddenly have this mental image transgendered idiots buying packages of these and leaving them around their bathroom and living space to further the illusion that there are actually naturally born women. That's right, keep living the LIE.

Next up bra and panty hose packaging with male models

Those of us who don't fit the conservative gender binary, we're not perverts or trying to subvert children or anything, we're just looking to be accepted as we are. Pedophiles and incest families and the like are nothing to do with us, we think they're just as horrible as you do.

@Benighted
Do you feel better knowing about this tiny alteration on packaging? Has it helped you in any emotional or psychological way?
Seems to me removing some small imagery will do nothing to ameliorate feelings of genuine gender dysphoria. The monthly period will not change despite corporate virtue signalling.

So, some mentally ill people menstruate, got it.

You don’t have to be rude.

I don’t even know what to say anymore. She was giving you a thoughtful response on the topic at hand, and you called her mentally ill.

Now I’m sure I’ll get some rolled eye reactions cause I don’t think it hurts anyone to be kind.

@Benighted
Do you feel better knowing about this tiny alteration on packaging? Has it helped you in any emotional or psychological way?
Seems to me removing some small imagery will do nothing to ameliorate feelings of genuine gender dysphoria. The monthly period will not change despite corporate virtue signalling.

Yes, it does help. Corporate virtue signalling or not, I really appreciate that a major corporation has acknowledged that not everyone who uses their product, which is traditionally considered a solely Female product (I use that word advisedly), is not actually a Female. A lot of the time I feel invisible and even not believed so a little acknowledgement help me feel seen.

Also not all trans/non-binary people feel dysphoria. It's an extremely complicated subject.

Last edited:
Back