• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Keepalowprofile

I found this on Amazon prime.

. December 1994, Alison was abducted outside her home by two men who raped, stabbed and disemboweled her, finally slashing her throat 16 times to make sure she was dead. No-one could have believed that anyone with such severe injuries could live but, miraculously, she did.
Well done documentary.
What a survivor.
Well worth watching.

There used to be a series about people who survived horrific crimes. I found it very inspiring and learned to never give up no matter what. Waht's the name of this documentary?

~ @Satanica ~ The name of the documentary is 'Alison'.

1530117258667.png

Like Keep I watched Alison's incredible story of survival and her determined journey for justice on Amazon Prime. I see that it's on YouTube but they want $3.99 to watch it.

The film includes an interview with Judge Chris Jansen, who sentenced Du Toit and Kruger to life in jail without the option of parole. “I needed to make it clear they were a threat to society and should never be released,” said Jansen.

That, however, has changed. Just after they began work on the film, Alison and Carlini learned that all prisoners sentenced prior to October 2004 had become eligible for parole. During filming, Du Toit contacted Carlini from prison, using a warder’s cellphone.

He offered an interview on camera in exchange for a signed letter of forgiveness from Alison and backdated profits from her book and her motivational talks. The offer was declined.

http://bookslive.co.za/blog/2016/06...thas-incredible-story-of-survival-now-a-film/

Holy fuck!

I dont know what's worse, that a nation as crime ridden and thoroughly raped as South Africa could care sooooo fucking little about proper punishments, or that this guy wanted a cut of her book profits.

Back