• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
The two students accused of planning to blow up their high school with a homemade bomb made a number of disturbing social media posts about the Columbine massacre and feeling suicidal.

Alfred Dupree and Victoria McCurley, both 17, have been charged as adults with attempted murder and making terror threats after police received a tip off they were planning to bomb Etowah High School in Cherokee County, Georgia.

Cops searched found a journal at Duprees which revealed the plot and an alleged hit list of targets, while the search at McCurley's home uncovered the homemade incendiary device and an undetermined powder substance. The substance has been sent to the lab for testing.

Now it appears that the pair made a number of unsettling posts on social media, under secret pseudonyms, about mass shootings and suicide.

One post, by McCurley, showed a picture of the High School Musical movie poster, which had been altered to read 'High School Massacre' - with photoshopped photos of students been gunned down.

McCurley also made multiple references to the Columbine High School massacre which killed 15 in 1999.

She posted a picture of the Columbine killers Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold with the threatening message 'Fear the nobodies' and another surveillance still of the shooting which read 'Outrun my gun'.

McCurley also made multiple posts featuring guns, knives and swords, and even posted a picture of a hand drawn pentagram with the words 'hail Satan'.

Meanwhile, Dupree's posts bleak posts about death, one with the hashtag #killme, suggests he may have been feeling depressed or even suicidal.

Classmates who knew the pair - who were not romantically involved - said they didn't have many friends.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5020109/Teens-17-arrested-terror-plot-against-school.html
45B2D01D00000578-5020109-Alfred_Dupree_and_Victoria_McCurley_both_17_face_charges_of_atte-a-16_1509030601100.jpg
45B2D03200000578-5020109-image-a-12_1509019732261.jpg

She has that resigned look, like she has given up. He looks anxious and insecure. They both have that "picked on" look.

Horrible that the situation came to this. Maybe they didn't have parents who were interested enough or cared enough about them to notice their despair? Don't get me wrong, they need to be punished, no question about that. But it seems like this all could have been avoided. And the kids who bullied them got away with it.

If they were bullied and friendless, they deserved it.

FUck these disgusting trash animals. Put em in cages forever.

@Satanica
Two teens accused of plotting a deadly attack against their Cherokee County classmates and teachers pleaded guilty Friday to six counts of attempted murder and other charges.

A sentencing hearing was underway late Friday for Alfred Dupree, 19, and Victoria McCurley, 18, in a Cherokee courtroom. The hearing was expected to continue Monday.

The pair, who attended Etowah High School, were arrested in October 2017, when they were both 17, after a tipster told police of the alleged threats. They have remained since their arrest in the Cherokee jail.

@Satanica
wo teens who pleaded guilty in a plot to blow up their school and kill their classmates will serve at least 20 years in prison, a judge ruled Tuesday.

Alfred Dupree, 19, and Veronica McCurley, 18, faced 90 years in prison after plotting to blow up Etowah High School in 2017. They were sentenced to 40 years each in prison and will be required to serve at least 20.

Dupree and McCurley pleaded guilty to six counts of conspiracy to commit murder, among other felony charges, before any trial last week.

The former students both apologized for their planned attack. It was the first time either defendant showed emotion over the course of their sentencing hearing, which spanned three days.

"I need help," Dupree said in a prepared statement. "I want to be treated for the problems I have. I understand I need punishment, but at some point, I do want to move forward with my life, not in this community, because of the pain and fear I've given them."

Over the course of three days, prosecutors detailed the contents of several journal entries written by Dupree and McCurley, with blood-chilling details of their violent attack plans and kill list of several students and a teacher.

In court, Dupree also apologized to his family and each of the victim's on his intended kill list.

Psychologists for both defendants described how they each suffered from mental health issues, suicidal thoughts and challenging home lives.

"When writing and doing these things, I was in a much darker place with my self-hatred," Dupree said.

"The whole situation was childish and irrational," McCurly said. "It was not something that I understand I did what I did."

Back