• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

EyEgOrE

Diabhol Dearg
browning9mm.jpeg

This is a breaking story, so there isn't much yet: A 14 year old Alabama kid has confessed to police that he shot five members of his family. Three were pronounced dead at the scene, two were transported to an area hospital where they, too, were pronounced dead.

The teen is currently helping the police try to find the weapon that the kid tossed somewhere outside.

I'm sure we'll be hearing more soon.

(CNN) A 14-year-old has been charged with five counts of murder after confessing to shooting his family members in their Elkmont, Alabama, home, police said Tuesday.
The victims are: John Sisk, 38, the boy's father; his stepmother, Mary Sisk, 35; his 6-year-old brother; his 5-year-old sister; and his 6-month-old brother, Limestone County Sheriff's Office spokesman Stephen Young told reporters Tuesday.
Investigators have yet to establish a motive, he told CNN earlier.
Though the suspect faces five juvenile counts of murder, Young said the teen, "pending the adjudication process, could face adult charges of multiple counts of murder and/or capital murder."
(...)
Investigators found the handgun allegedly used in the killings on "the side of the road nearby where it had been tossed," the sheriff's office said in a tweet. Earlier, the office said the teen was assisting police in locating a 9 mm handgun that he had discarded near the scene.
The handgun was in the home "illegally," Young said without elaborating.

The shooting happened about 10:30 p.m. (11:30 p.m. ET) Monday, according to CNN affiliate WAFF. The accused teen called 911 around that time to report that he was in the basement when he heard gunfire upstairs, WAFF and fellow affiliate WHNT reported.
He repeated the claim to deputies who arrived in the family's driveway around 11 p.m., Young said.
"He said that he ran out the door, and there was very little other information given," Young said, adding that the teen was later taken in for questioning and "upon being confronted with some of the inconsistencies (in his story), he did admit to shooting the five family members."
The sheriff's office first reported early Tuesday that three of the five victims were confirmed dead at the scene and two were airlifted in critical condition. The office later confirmed the airlifted victims had died as well.
The boy is being held in a juvenile facility, Young said.
(...)

Last edited by a moderator:
The teen was "assisting investigators in locating the weapon, a 9mm handgun that he said he tossed nearby," the Limestone County Sheriff's Office said in a tweet.

Deputies Sheriff Mike Blakely says the teen confessed to killing his father, stepmother and siblings.

A 14-year-old boy in Alabama has confessed to killing five members of his own family, US police say.

Those killed were the boy's father, stepmother and siblings, local media report. Three were found dead at the scene while the other two died in hospital.

Police say the boy, who has not been named, is assisting investigators.

There is no indication yet on any motive nor how he obtained the weapon used, a 9mm handgun.

The shooting happened late on Monday in the town of Elkmont.

"The victims are: John Sisk, 38, the boy's father; his stepmother, Mary Sisk, 35; his 6-year-old brother; his 5-year-old sister; and his 6-month-old brother, Limestone County Sheriff's Office spokesman Stephen Young told reporters Tuesday.

Investigators have yet to establish a motive, he told CNN earlier.

Though the suspect faces five juvenile counts of murder, Young said the teen, "pending the adjudication process, could face adult charges of multiple counts of murder and/or capital murder.""

This kid is lacking a whole lot, empathy, sympathy, any kind of feelings to be able to look at his baby siblings and shoot them, is off the scale psychopathy.

I'm gonna guess that he was the odd man out in this family, all three of the little ones belonging to his stepmother and father. He just took it as long as he could and he exploded into violence, so he made sure all his 'problems' were taken care of one time.

I'm glad to come here and see no excuses for this kid. I first heard about this case in a true crime group I'm in on Facebook and I was shocked at how many people were slamming folks for calling him evil, rolling their eyes at the inevitable insanity defense, etc. There was so much "How can you call a child evil!" and "He must have been taking or coming off of psych meds!" and "clearly he was mentally ill; no sane person would do this!" and "His home life must have been terrible!"

My psych meds make me functional at a higher level than I am without them. Anybody claiming they make people lose their shit is pushing an agenda.

--Al

Mine make me better overall as well. However, when I ran out of my meds for two weeks (twice) and had to wait for the bs doc office and mail order place to get their shit together, I was the most bat-shit crazy I have ever been in my whole life...with or before meds. Going through withdrawal made me lose it. It took every ounce of me to not take it out on myself or my pets when they wouldn't stop barking. I punched my desk instead. I tried driving to my doc office and it was such a struggle to not jerk the steering wheel right off the road. I honestly thought I was going to die. Sadly, the med I ran out of actually helps me the most. I'm absolutely terrified if I ever get close to running low now. I was NOT myself. I have heard other withdrawal horror stories too. I genuinely feel for mentally ill prisoners who get released and have no healthcare or medication anymore. They are just cut off and kicked out. It's so dangerous.

Mine make me better overall as well. However, when I ran out of my meds for two weeks (twice) and had to wait for the bs doc office and mail order place to get their shit together, I was the most bat-shit crazy I have ever been in my whole life...with or before meds. Going through withdrawal made me lose it. It took every ounce of me to not take it out on myself or my pets when they wouldn't stop barking. I punched my desk instead. I tried driving to my doc office and it was such a struggle to not jerk the steering wheel right off the road. I honestly thought I was going to die. Sadly, the med I ran out of actually helps me the most. I'm absolutely terrified if I ever get close to running low now. I was NOT myself. I have heard other withdrawal horror stories too. I genuinely feel for mentally ill prisoners who get released and have no healthcare or medication anymore. They are just cut off and kicked out. It's so dangerous.
I had a terrible time with withdrawal as well during a 2 week insurance lap. I was basically a crying, terrified puddle the whole time. I have seen my aunts, one of which is bi polar, have to go through med changes when they stopped working and they've always had to be hospitalized during the change. It's hard to say what other people would/could do in those circumstances. I wish we cared more about mental health.

My issue is I can never get an appointment with a doctor, but they want to see me before they do a refill? WTF. Its like a catch-22, but it is my head they're fucking with!

Here is how I always hope these stories will end:

" ....and his family members, who authorities initially thought slaughtered, were rescued, unharmed, from the Triffid/shape shifting/carnivorous aliens that had assumed his family's appearance.
He is being hailed as the rescuer of mankind for bravely, and singlehandedly preventing the monster/alien/creature takeover of Earth.
Talks of a presidential run/Nobel Peace Prize, a TV series are buzzing"

Why does it never end THIS way?

My issue is I can never get an appointment with a doctor, but they want to see me before they do a refill? WTF. Its like a catch-22, but it is my head they're fucking with!

I feel ya! I was started on a benzo this year for anxiety. Have to check in every three months. Was supposed to see them about 2.5 weeks ago (so was on it maybe 5 months and have been out over a month). Well, I don’t have money for the copay and my car is broken and I’ve been saving two months to fix it. Had to reschedule for later this month. They won't refill it because of the law. Just enough to be really in my system and then denied because of finances. About to cancel the appointment because what's the point of starting it again to keep getting cut off. We are just names to the doctor's office. They don't flag us as "on dependant psych meds and need to be seen or accommodated asap regarding refills". They don't care as long as they get money coming in from patients. It makes you feel so helpless.
Post automatically merged:

I belong to an HMO, and there are never problems with refills. As long as I see my doc once a year or so, I'm golden.

Once a year?! Wow! Wish mine did that. Mine is every 3 mo for the benzos and 6 mo for the regular psych meds. Pain medication is every 3 mo with different doctor. Sounds easy enough, but it's always hitting the fan around here, so it always becomes an issue.

Last edited:
Back