• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

staysblazed_xo

♥ ⁴²⁰ queen ♥
"Christian R. Martin was arrested Saturday at the Louisville airport, a day after he was indicted by a Christian County grand jury in the November 2015 deaths of Calvin and Pamela Phillips of Pembroke and their neighbor, Edward Dansereau, Attorney General Andy Beshear said in a news release.

Martin moved from Christian County after the slayings and was living in North Carolina at the time of the indictment, the statement said.

American Airlines said in a statement it is cooperating in the investigation. The airline said Martin has been a pilot for subsidiary PSA Airlines since January 2018. Martin's jail mugshot shows him wearing a pilot's uniform.

A criminal background check conducted on Martin found no "criminal history that would disqualify him from being a commercial pilot," the airline said.

It wasn't immediately known whether Martin has an attorney who could comment on the charges. Martin was being held without bond in the Christian County Detention Center on murder, arson and burglary charges along with tampering with physical evidence.

Police said Calvin Phillips, 59, was found shot to death in the cellar of his home. The bodies of Pamela Phillips, 58, and Dansereau, 63, were found a few miles away in a cornfield inside her burned car.

Authorities have not given a motive for the slayings or said what led them to believe Martin was responsible.

Beshear said he met nearly two years ago with the couple's son, Matt Phillips, who was worried the case had stalled. Beshear accepted a request from the local commonwealth attorney to appoint a special prosecutor to handle the case.

Relatives of Calvin and Pamela Phillips had offered a $100,000 reward to help solve the case."

DD1k.jpg

full

A pilot for an American Airlines subsidiary indicted in a 2015 triple murder in Christian County was arrested in Louisville.

According to a news release from the Office of Kentucky Attorney General Andy Beshear, Christian Richard Martin, 51, was arrested early Saturday morning at the Louisville Muhammad Ali International Airport.

"It was like something you would totally see in a movie," said Ashley Martin of Elizabethtown, who's of no relation to the suspect.

Martin and her mother, Frances Wise, are in Charlotte now, but Saturday morning, they were at the airport awaiting to board American Airlines Flight 5523 from Louisville to Charlotte when the arrest happened.

"It was very tense," Wise said. "I think it was very tense. You could tell the employees knew something was going on."

When they first heard word their pilot had been arrested, both assumed he was intoxicated on the job. Later in the day, they learned the actual reason Martin is now locked up.

"Oh my gosh," Wise remembers saying at the time.

Officials say Martin was indicted Friday by a grand jury in the deaths of Calvin Phillips, his wife Pamela and Edward Dansereau. According to authorities, on or around Nov. 18, 2015, Calvin Phillips was found shot to death in his home in Pembroke, Kentucky. Pamela Phillips and Dansereau were found a few miles away in a corn field inside Pamela Phillips' car, which was burned. Pembroke is not far from the Kentucky-Tennessee border.

American Airlines confirmed to WDRB Saturday afternoon that Martin has been a Bombardier CRJ First Officer for PSA Airlines since January 2018. PSA Airlines is a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Airlines and operates an all-jet American Eagle fleet.

"All of us at American Airlines and PSA Airlines are deeply saddened to have learned about these allegations from 2015. Our team was made aware of the indictment this morning after his arrest at Louisville International Airport. We have an unwavering commitment to the safety and security of our customers and team members, and we will provide any investigative assistance possible to law enforcement throughout their investigation," an American Airlines Spokesperson told WDRB.

Martin has been placed on administrative suspension pending the outcome of the investigation.

"It's startling," said passenger Ashley Martin. "It's scary to think this happened so long ago, and they're just now getting around to catching the guy."

"We're inconvenienced a lot," added her mother, Wise. "Like missed an entire day of a vacation that's been planned and saved for for an entire year."

As the mother and daughter wait for a new flight to their final destination, St. Lucia, both say they're still digesting a morning of chaos.

"I was definitely s Upload file tressed," the daughter said. "I felt like it was a little chaotic and unorganized. The workers ... you could tell they were stressed. You could feel that energy. You could feel the tension from flight attendants."

I figured his wife was fucking the dude while he was providing for her. Dug around a bit, and it seems to be correct. I didn't find a good source but it seems likely so I'll go with it.

At the time of the murders, Martin lived across the street from the victims, with the air pilot saying in a 2016 interview with WSMV-TV that Calvin Phillips had been having an affair with his wife — while denying any involvement in the murders.

Shortly after the killings, Martin reportedly moved to North Carolina.

https://scallywagandvagabond.com/2019/05/christian-richard-martin-american-airlines-pilot-arrested-2015-triple-homicide/

I can't really watch this now but if someone wants to summarize, I'll love you forever.

https://www.wsmv.com/news/raw-inter...deo_f4b8de72-671e-57bb-890b-7012bb8aac7d.html

Oooooh what a spicy little story.

In April of 2016, he was interviewed by WSMV, and said he had no concern he would be held responsible for the murders because he actually needed Calvin Phillips to testify for him in an upcoming court-martial he was facing in which his ex-wife, Joan Harmon, had accused him of physical and sexual abuse and mishandling classified military materials.

[...]

Martin said in the April 2016 interview with WSMV that he suspected Harmon had been involved in a long-term affair with Calvin Phillips.

"Everyone in town knew what was going on while I was at work every day," Martin said. "They were together all day long, and they didn’t really try to hide it or anything like that."

But Martin said he wasn't jealous. In fact, he was grateful to Phillips.

Martin and Harmon had their marriage voided about three years before the November 2015 murders, after he had learned Harmon was actually married to another man.

"I just call her the ex-bigamist," Martin said in the 2016 interview. Phillips "had gotten me out of this huge mess. I had moved on."

When Martin and Harmon split, she had promised him "I will ruin your career, I will ruin your life, I know how to do it," he said. She then accused him of rape, sodomy, child abuse, child molestation, and stealing a military computer, Martin said.

Harmon also "went to the FBI and told them I was an international spy, which is, I know, crazy," Martin said, adding that Phillips had accompanied her to make that accusation.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...imed-interview-one-victim-had-affair-n1004911

name search but nothing came up which I consider norm if it isn't in the title, story didn't show when I checked so this one as double duped I think a new record

Intersting story.

I normally wouldnt believe a murderer, but the ex-bigamist trash wife seems like a dishonest criminal herself.

What came of the court martial i wonder? None of the articles ive read detail that itself specifically.

Oh and obligatory, "gee wiz, a military servicemember committed a violent crime! I am just soooooo surprised!" hahahhaha. Trash, the lot of em.

What came of the court martial i wonder? None of the articles ive read detail that itself specifically.
Martin, who over a period of 30 years served in the Army Reserve, Army National Guard and on active duty, was punitively dismissed from the service in August 2016 following a court-martial.

He was found guilty of two counts of mishandling classified information and of assault on a child under the age of 16, military records show.

Martin was sentenced to be reprimanded, forfeit all pay, be confined for 90 days and to be dismissed from the service.

Link

--Al

The military is such trash.

Amazing someone can be found guilty of assaulting a kid and face ZERO future repurcusssions, end up in a job as high stress and important as air line pilot.

ELIZABETHTOWN, Ky. (AP) — A jury has convicted a former commercial airline pilot of killing three of his neighbors in western Kentucky.
[....]
Martin faces 20 years to life without parole in the sentencing phase of his trial, which began Thursday, the Courier Journal reported.

Special prosecutor Barbara Whaley said during the two-week trial that Martin had the motive to kill neighbor Calvin Phillips because he was set to testify in a court-martial that could have ended Martin’s Army career, news outlets reported. His wife and Dansereau were in the wrong place at the wrong time, she said.

Whaley said a shell casing at the scene was shown to have been fired from a .45-caliber handgun found in a safe in Martin’s home across the street and that Martin’s dog tags were found in the couple’s home.

Defense attorney Tom Griffiths said there’s forensic proof that the bullets that killed the victims did not come from his client’s gun. He also noted there were no eyewitnesses, no DNA and no fingerprints. He said evidence pointing to his client could have been planted.

Martin was convicted by the military court of mishandling classified information and assault on a child, Cameron said. He was discharged from the military and sentenced to 90 days in jail.

Back