• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
I'm just going to post all I find in this thread, because there's so many coming out.

Here is a video of Delta airlines booting myself, my wife and my 2 children ages 1 and 2 off delta flight 2222 April 23 from Maui to LAX. They oversold the flight and asked us to give up a seat we purchased for my older son that my younger son was sitting in. You will hear them lie to me numerous times to get my son out of the seat.The end result was we were all kicked off the flight. They then filled our 4 seats with 4

Filled our 4 seats with 4 what, I wonder.

Someone please reply so my next one doesn't merge!

That is unbelievable! A family with small children bumped from a flight, the man says there no place to stay and no other flights what are we going to do, sleep in the airport? and the "officer" says that's not up to... and man says well it should be. You are the ones who oversold the flight.

(I apologize if the wording is wrong, this chrome book has shitty speakers and you can't attach external speakers to it, so I had to listen to it by laying on the keyboard.)

Overbooking needs to stop. The airlines are not losing money by flying planes with a few empty seats, so it should be illegal to sell something that may not be available for them to sell.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/n...free-meal-on-flight-is-given-a-single-banana/
Apassenger who ordered a gluten-free breakfast on a nine-hour flight claims he was given a solitary banana while other passengers tucked into sausages and eggs.

Londoner Martin Pavelka claims the lonely banana was served to him on an All Nippon Airways flight from Tokyo to Sydney, which was the second leg of his £1,200 trip to Australia.

The banana came with a sticker on it saying “GF” – for gluten free – and was served to him with a packet containing a knife, fork and salt.
banana-pavelka-travel-large.jpg

[....]
Mr Pavelka, who suffers from the digestive condition coeliac, had been served a proper meal the previous evening. However, he was expecting something more substantial for breakfast.

“All other passengers were served a full breakfast meal consisting of eggs, sausage, mushrooms, bread, and yogurt,” he told the Evening Standard. “This was a nine-hour flight. Although definitely gluten-free, the banana did not keep me full for very long.”

Mr Pavelka, who has put in a complaint to the airline, said other passengers were laughing as he complained to the air hostess.
[....]

meh. They served him a proper dinner on a nine hour flight but a lousy breakfast? That means the flight was almost over when he had the banana. Food while you are sitting on an airplane is not an urgent need. Liquids are far more important. Yeah, they should have given him two bananas and a yogurt.

ETA: This man got a full dinner an hour into the flight (which satisfied him) and a banana snack two hours before landing. The airline does not need to cater to his disease with superior customer service. He landed safely and in good health, just a bit hungry. He wasn't squashed between fatsos or subjected to whining farting children. (At least he didn't complain about that.)
The airline claims that food service is a full meal and a snack, not two full meals.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4465508/Passenger-furious-Japanese-airline-gives-banana.html

Last edited:
http://www.sfgate.com/travel/article/American-Airlines-is-decreasing-legroom-in-11116541.php
Two inches might not sound like much, but when it comes to legroom on an airplane, the measurements add up.

To make room for more seats on its new Boeing 737 Max jetliners, American Airlines will reduce the space between some seats in economy class by 2 inches, CNN reports.

In three rows, the front to back space between seats will be reduced from 31 to 29 inches, while the rest of the economy cabin will be reduced to 30 inches.

For comparison, the seats on budget airlines Frontier and Spirit are spaced, at minimum, 28-inches apart, while the economy seats on Jetblue, Southwest and Alaska Airlines are placed 31 to 33 inches apart, according to a Cheap Flights analysis.

The decrease in space will allow for the addition of 10 seats to the single-aisle aircraft, for a total of 170 seats. Flyers with less legroom will pay the same price for seats as fellow economy passengers on the aircraft
[....]

Here's the whole story to go with the video of the family being kicked off of Delta.

/www.yahoo.com/tech/watch-family-two-young-children-booted-off-delta-151948970.html

A new viral video making the rounds shows a family with two young children being kicked off of a Delta flight due to a strictly enforced airline policy regarding who is allowed to fly under a purchased ticket.

You see, back in the day, if you purchased an airline ticket you were free to give it away to a friend if you couldn’t make the flight, or even sell it if you so chose. Over the past few decades, though, security considerations prompted airlines to clamp down on such behavior. And let’s be honest, it’s primarily a way for airlines to squeeze even more money out of prospective passengers who are forced to purchase tickets directly or even shell out cash for pricier refundable tickets.

Which brings us to the viral video of the hour. The man featured in the video below is told that him, his wife, and his two children — aged 1 and 2 — need to get off of the plane. The reason? The name attached to the younger child’s seat belonged to the man’s 18-year old son who happened to get on a different flight earlier in the day.

The man in question is flummoxed and refuses to budge, repeating time and time again that he purchased the seats and that he can use them how he wants. It’s not an unreasonable argument, especially given that a small child is at the center of the controversy. With not an even an iota of common sense on display from Delta personnel on the plane, the man at one point is informed that if he and his family doesn’t budge, they will all spend the night in jail. What’s more, the man is flippantly told that once they depart the plane, they are on their own, which is to say there’s no talk about getting them on another flight or even giving them a refund.

The video description reads:

Here is a video of Delta airlines booting myself, my wife and my 2 children ages 1 and 2 off delta flight 2222 April 23 from Maui to LAX. They oversold the flight and asked us to give up a seat we purchased for my older son that my younger son was sitting in. You will hear them lie to me numerous times to get my son out of the seat.The end result was we were all kicked off the flight. They then filled our 4 seats with 4 customers that had tickets but no seats. They oversold the flight.

Not only that, but the family was kicked off of the plane at midnight, forcing them to find a hotel room at the last minute. And adding insult to injury, they were forced to purchase new tickets.

Now to be fair, the airline protocol at play here is well-established, with most airlines opting to play hardball when it comes to changing a name on a purchased ticket or transferring a purchased ticket to another party. Still, one would like to think that airlines could exhibit even a bit of common sense in these types of situations.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...es-american-airlines-seated-obese-passengers/
[....]
Michael Anthony Taylor, 67, said the airline refused to let him move seats, leaving him “crouching, kneeling, bracing or standing” for much of the flight from Sydney to Los Angeles.

He said his uncomfortable position during the flight exacerbated his scoliosis and caused lower and upper back injuries as well as bruising to his neck.
[....]
“The airline could have put me in a crew seat or moved people around but they did nothing.”

Mr Taylor was in the window seat but claimed the two large passengers encroached on his space.

His lawyer said the case could lead to a push for airlines to make their economy – or equivalent - class more comfortable.

“If Michael is successful, this throws open the doors to potentially a large amount of cases against airlines and how they’ve designed their seating and how they seat passengers,”
[....]
The case, brought in Australia’s Federal Court, follows a similar lawsuit last year in which an Italian lawyer sued Emirates airline after he was forced to “suffer” a nine-hour flight beside an obese man.

"For nine hours, I had to stand in the aisle, sit on seats reserved for the cabin crew when they were free, and in the final phase of flight resign myself to suffer the 'spillover' of the passenger at my side," he told Mattino Padova.

In a separate case lodged in Australia in 2012, James Bassos, an interior designer, sued Etihad Airways after he was forced to sit next to a “grossly overweight” man who “encroached into his seat”.
[....]

http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...e/news-story/90a16bf3014395c574917e62d3d000e0
[....]
Lucie Bahetoukilae said she took her boarding pass — marked “Newark to Charles de Gaulle” — to the gate, where a United rep scanned it before she boarded the plane.

“When she went to sit, someone was sitting there already,” said her niece, Diane Miantsoko, who translated for the French-speaker.

But she said the flight attendant looked at her boarding pass and simply sat her somewhere else.

Ms Bahetoukilae, who speaks no English, said she never realised United made a last-minute gate change without making an announcement in French or notifying her by email.
[....]
Instead of a 7.5 hour flight to the City of Lights, Ms Bahetoukilae flew almost 4,800km to the City by the Bay, where she languished for 11 hours at the airport before being rerouted to France.

When she finally arrived in Paris, she had been travelling for more than 28 hours.
[....]
And even though Ms Bahetoukilae didn’t seek a refund, she received one for the airfare, hotel accommodation in San Francisco and a voucher for another trip, the station reported.

“We deeply apologise to Ms Bahetoukilae for this unacceptable experience,” the air carrier said in a statement.

“When she arrived in San Francisco, we ensured she got on the next flight to Paris and refunded her ticket. Our customer care team has reached out to her directly to ensure we make this right. We are also working with our team in Newark to prevent this from happening again.”
[....]

Unless it was a night flight, she would have wondered where the hell she was going if she saw all that land under the plane instead of ocean.

There was once a German tourist who was headed for Portland Oregon and ended up in Portland Maine. He heard an announcement for a Portland flight and assumed it was his Portland. This was when it was a smaller homier place. He was featured on local TV and the town took hi to their hearts. The locals treated him very nicely, gave him a hotel room and a nice time and a couple days later the airline flew him to Oregon. He said he had a fabulous vacation.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/nati...-421808773.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_CHBrand
A United Airlines passenger is asking for reimbursement after an airline employee abruptly canceled his reservation for videotaping their interaction at the ticket counter.

As NBC Bay Area reports, the 4 a.m. confrontation occurred at the New Orleans International Airport over the past weekend. Passenger Navang Oza, 37, said he was checking in for his flight home to San Francisco and was told by the ticket agent it would cost $300 to check a bag that had cost him $125 to check on his way there.

In trying to find out why the cost increased, Oza said, "the lady was being rude.” Oza said he started recording the interaction with his phone, to which the employee objected. In the video, she appears to instruct an agent to her left to “cancel the reservation.”
[....]
The airline apoologized and said it is investigating the incident.

His video is at the link.
[doublepost=1494431804,1494430548][/doublepost]http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article149599629.html
In yet another horror story about the state of commercial aviation, a nurse from Kansas City says she was forced to pee into a cup in her seat because she was not allowed to use the plane’s lavatory.

Nicole Harper posted her account early Saturday on Facebook after, she says, she became frustrated at her inability to get anyone at United Airlines to acknowledge her complaint.

“United Airlines refuses to take my call, now I can’t sleep and just keep thinking about how wrong this is,” Harper wrote.
[....]
Harper said flight attendants would not allow her to get out of her seat and use the bathroom until the captain turned off the seat belt sign.

“After explaining that I have an overactive bladder and would either need to use the restroom or pee in a cup, I was handed a cup by flight attendants,” Harper said in her post.

“You would think peeing in a cup on an airplane in front of my family and strangers would be the worst part of this story. But the way I was treated by flight attendants afterwards was worse,” Harper wrote.

She said attendants “shamed her” by saying they would be filing a report and that she would have to speak to the pilot after landing. She said they also told her they would have to call a hazmat team to clean the row of seats where she had used the cup. Harper said there was no mess involved.
[....]
“As an emergency room nurse I completely understand having a bad day on the job and having to deal with undesirable bodily fluids,” Harper wrote. “What I don’t understand is ZERO customer service. If I treated a patient this poorly I would surely have consequences.”

KCTV reported that United issued a statement in response to Harper’s allegations.

“Initial reports from our flight attendants indicate that Ms. Harper attempted to visit the lavatory on final descent and was instructed to remain seated with the seat belt fastened per FAA regulations,” the statement said. “The situation described by Ms. Harper and our employees is upsetting for all involved. We have reached out to Ms. Harper and our flying partner Mesa Airlines to better understand what occurred.”
[....]
Also recently, contract security agents at Kansas City International Airport were requiring passengers to remove all paper items from their carry-on bags. The Transportation Security Administration asked the contractor to cease that screening requirement because it was affecting operations.
[doublepost=1494446620][/doublepost]http://nypost.com/2017/05/10/air-canada-leaves-teen-trapped-alone-overnight-at-airport/
[....]
Derrin Espinola was flying alone on May 1 from Denver to Thunder Bay, with a stopover at Toronto’s Pearson International Airport, where he missed his next flight to Thunder Bay, CBC News reported.

The teen said that when he arrived in Toronto around 8 p.m., the airline rebooked him on a flight to Thunder Bay at 6 p.m. the following day — but did not offer him any accommodation or food vouchers.

“I was trapped in the airport and there was nowhere I could go. I could not leave. I could not get a hotel, because I am a minor,” Espinola told CBC News.

He said he spent part of the night pleading for help from Air Canada because he is a minor and needed help. When he got no assistance, he tried to stay awake for fear of being robbed.
[....]
Meanwhile, his frantic mom, Karin Patock, said she spent 10 hours on the phone, trying to get through to Air Canada.

Patock said she booked with Air Canada because of its policy about flight delays stated on its website: “Youths traveling alone (ages 12 to 17) … will be taken care of by our agents. We will also arrange for accommodations, meals and transportation if needed.”

But she said the airline “rebooked him like any other person, into the next day with no thought what’s going to happen to him when he lands in Toronto in one of the biggest airports in Canada, all by himself.”

Phone calls to the airline got a message “basically saying ‘the airport is under construction and we cannot accommodate anyone right now, so call back later,'” she said.
[....]
To make matters worse, he was rebooked again for a May 3 flight when his flight to Thunder Bay the next day was canceled.

But his family bought him a ticket on another airline — at their expense — so he would not have to spend another night in Toronto.

Air Canada said it was investigating the matter and will be “reaching out to the family.”

“It has been a challenge with the ongoing runway construction at Toronto Pearson, which was also compounded by severe weather conditions last week in the Toronto-Montreal-Ottawa and surrounding areas, including recent adverse conditions in Thunder Bay,” an airline spokesman told CBC News.
[doublepost=1494879261][/doublepost]https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/p...y-from-flight-over-a-birthday-cake/ar-BBB7JfY
[....]
The airline confirmed the incident occurred May 3 aboard JetBlue Flight 611 before takeoff from New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport. However, it is disputing the passengers’ account, saying their removal was justified because their “behavior demonstrated a risk for additional escalation in air.”
[....]
The couple, identified as Cameron and Minta Burke of New Jersey, told the New York Daily News that the trip had been arranged as a surprise for Minta’s 40th birthday. The plan had been to fly with their two children to Las Vegas, where they would meet up with relatives — and they had brought with them a buttercream cake from Tonnie’s Minis bakery in Harlem, according to the newspaper.

Cameron Burke told the Daily News that they first put the cake in an overhead bin, but a flight attendant “nicely” asked them to remove it. So he moved it to another one, he said.

“She then asked me to move it to underneath the seat in front of me,” Cameron Burke told the newspaper. “I did.”

At this point, he said, a second flight attendant intervened and began accosting the first flight attendant.

“She was pointing to her, ‘Did you tell him he couldn’t put anything in the overhead compartment?’ ” Cameron Burke told ABC7 News. “I had approached them, and I said everything was fine, and she said, ‘Sir, this does not involve you.’ When she told me I had been noncompliant, then I said, ‘Ma’am, had you been drinking?,’ because her behavior was not normal.”
[....]
Shortly afterward, the Port Authority Police Department was called in and the entire aircraft made to deplane, according to the JetBlue statement.

Video recorded by Cameron Burke captured two Port Authority police officers on the plane asking questions of the family. On one side of the aisle, Minta Burke and the couple’s two young children are seated together; Cameron Burke is presumably seated and recording from the seat just across the aisle from them.
[....]
When one of the officers turns back around, he tells the family that it appears nothing is wrong but that he’ll need to make a report because they were called on board.

“No one’s in any trouble,” the officer says calmly. “Unfortunately, it got reported to us. No one did anything wrong, okay? Everyone’s going to be okay. Unfortunately, they’re going to have to rebook everyone. … We’re trying to avoid that.”

The Burkes’ son turns to the officer and apologizes: “Sorry.”

“No, buddy, you’re okay, all right?” the officer tells the child. “Don’t cry. It’s all right.”

A Port Authority spokeswoman confirmed to The Washington Post on Saturday that two officers responded to the incident but that no arrests were made. She referred all other questions to JetBlue.

JetBlue spokesman Doug McGraw told The Post that “the video circulating does not depict the entire incident and only starts after the objectionable behavior occurred and law enforcement were called.”

McGraw said it was the captain who made the decision that the family not be allowed to fly. They were fully refunded, he said, and the remaining customers were made to go through the boarding process again.

According to the airline, “All customers are welcome to bring onboard one carry-on and one personal item, including cakes, within the size limits.”
[....]

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/air-canada-passenger-bumped-wants-compensation-1.4114718
[....]
"It's not just about the compensation. It's also about the feelings, emotional things," said Qingyang Liu.

Liu said he was leaving Winnipeg's airport Saturday afternoon with his girlfriend after visiting friends in the city, but when he went to board, he was held up at the gate because of an issue verifying his identity.

His girlfriend boarded the plane with the couple's luggage while Liu sorted out the discrepancy.

He said an Air Canada employee was able to fix the issue, but then told him the plane was full and he'd been bumped off the flight to Saskatoon.
[....]
That's where Air Canada sent Liu Saturday night. He said staff told him going to Calgary was the only way he could catch a flight back home to Saskatoon.

Liu stayed the night at a Calgary hotel, but said Air Canada refused to foot the bill for the stay or offer any compensation for bumping him off the flight.

The Canadian Transportation Agency requires Air Canada to pay passengers between $200 and $800 in cash to passengers who are denied boarding.
[....]
he believes airline staffers wouldn't give him compensation because he arrived only an hour before departure and not 90 minutes, which Air Canada recommends passengers do.

The airline also has a policy that requires staff to ask for volunteers to leave the plane if it's overbooked. It's not clear if that happened in this case.
[....]
Liu showed CBC screenshots of a conversation he had with Air Canada on Twitter.

A representative for the airline told Liu, via direct message, that it was "certainly unusual" to refuse to accommodate two travel partners and said the case requires further review.

On Sunday, a spokesperson for Air Canada said it's rare passengers are bumped from flights. The spokesperson said Air Canada would be "pleased" to hear from Liu but didn't say if he'd be compensated.

I'm surprised you can take a cake past security.
on international you can't even bring some types of unopened food: I tried to bring a large container of my favorite yogurt through to eat on the flight to Seattle from Canada and they wouldn't let me. So I forced them to give it back and ate it before going through and polished off a [small] round loaf of specialty bread to boot. My main issue with airlines is the treatment of animals, unlike some stooges would have you believe, there have been deaths and issues and the cargo compartments are not all within the normal pressurized airplane temperatures as well as their incompetence on handling animals. I feel anyone should have the right to buy a seat for their pet in a crate. I also am disgusted with the over booking as that has caused way too much grief for people. As far as the specialty diet people they need to make some prearranged preps to ensure that they will get what they are willing to eat. He shoulda asked for more bananas and I am sure he was a pita before the breakfast issue

https://ca.style.yahoo.com/american-airlines-accused-racism-sending-085900013.html
[....]
Rane Baldwin, who is African American, was flying with friend Janet Novack, who is white, from Kentucky to Charlotte when the incident occurred on 2 May.

Baldwin - an AAdvantage Platinum Select/World Elite cardholder - had purchased the two tickets and decided to upgrade them both to first class. However, when they were issued their boarding passes, she was instructed to go to the back of the plane despite her frequent flyer status, while Novack, who holds no status with the airline, was directed to first class. Baldwin was told her seat had been reassigned because there weren’t enough first class seats available.
[....]
The behaviour of American Airlines flight attendants from there added up to “the most blatantly racist thing that’s ever happened to me,” according to Baldwin.
[....]
Baldwin said she tried to complain to a member of cabin crew about her seat reassignment but was completely ignored. Meanwhile, Novack was asking the same questions and raising the same concerns, but receiving a completely different response.

“As [Baldwin] asked questions, she was ignored,” Novack wrote on Twitter. “However, whenever I asked the same questions, I received thorough answers.

“The whole reason that I was flying first class was because I was associated with her and her reservation. They were ignoring the card holder.”

The women were told that Baldwin would be moved up if there was any extra space, but she was not allowed to wait at the front of the aircraft and was instead sent to the back of the plane. “They literally made her wait at the back of the plane and refused to make eye contact with her or speak with her,” said Novack.

As the plane was half empty, Baldwin says she ignored her seat allocation and went to sit at the front of the main cabin where there were many empty seats. Novack then gave up her first class spot to sit with her friend
[....]
“When the second flight attendant came through for a cabin check, he saw us (already buckled in, arm rest in between us up) and told my friend that there was plenty of extra space and that we could ‘spread out’ if she wanted to. He did not say this to anyone else,” said Baldwin.

Novack added: “I was informed that I could move, and we didn't HAVE to sit together. Apparently, everyone else could be squished, not us.

“The microaggressions that [AA’s] workers projected are prejudiced, ignorant. They literally didn't believe I was flying with a black woman.”

The only reason Novack was in possession of a first class ticket is because of Baldwin's status with AA.

Baldwin said: “It was baffling and hurtful that the crew seemed completely aware of what they were doing and just didn’t care. People didn’t seem to trust me and made giant, incorrect assumptions about the relationship between my friend and me.

“I’m the one who bought the tickets; she was travelling with me – not the other way around. When my ticket was changed and Janet’s was not, I felt like I was being sent to the back of the bus. I just kept wondering if I was in some sort of time warp and asking myself, ‘Is this what it felt like to be black 60 years ago?’”
[....]
as of yet the airline has not replied to her complaints, although they have responded with platitudes to Novack on Twitter. American Airlines has not responded to The Independent’s request for comment.

there's one where the guy is suing because he was put in between a couple of obese men and someone had taken a picture with their cell phone. I wouldn't have set there, there wasn't really even room for them let alone someone in the middle. They need to make seats specifically for people that big instead of shrinking hat little room people are given

Last edited:
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...-after-air-canada-cancelled-tickets-home.html
[....]
Randell Earle described arriving at the Lisbon airport with his wife, Claudia, for their return flight to St. John’s in late March.

“When we arrived they said ‘Sorry, Air Canada has suspended your ticket,’” he said in an interview from his home in Topsail, a community in Conception Bay South. “They told us to go to the customer service desk, but then we were told we needed to call Air Canada directly.”

While frantically feeding euros into a pay phone, Earle said he “went round the mulberry bush three times” between Air Canada on the phone and airport agents until the couple missed their Air Canada Star Alliance flight, operated by Portuguese airline TAP Portugal.
[....]
The seniors were forced to stay overnight in a hotel and book one-way flights home at nearly three times the cost of their entire round-trip fare to Lisbon.

The new flights to St. John’s cost the couple $6,090, whereas they had originally purchased two round trip tickets for about $2,300, he said.
[....]
While Air Canada apologized to Earle for the “inconvenience,” it said the suspension of their tickets was “a necessary fraud prevention technique to protect our passengers, credit card holders and Air Canada.”

Noting an increase in fraudulent activity due to the “ability to purchase products and/or services using credit cards over the telephone or the Internet,” the email said Air Canada has created a “fraud prevention team” that uses “tools” to monitor online bookings.

“When the results from these tools are inconclusive, the fraud prevention team will request that the airport agent confirms the details of the purchased ticket,” the email said, noting that the airline “cannot guarantee that this will not happen again.”
[....]
He said no one at the airport asked to see his credit card or questioned his identity on the first leg of his journey out of St. John’s, where both he and his wife presented passports before boarding the plane.

Ironically, Earle said he used the same credit card to book the last-minute one-way tickets home — with Air Canada — that he used to make the initial booking, with no issues.

Air Canada’s response also skirted the question of compensation, he said.

Earle launched a lawsuit in small-claims court seeking compensation for his out-of-pocket costs, but he said Air Canada only reimbursed his out-of-pocket costs after the CBC called the airline for comment on the story.
[....]
Earle said he has since learned that because the flight originated in Europe, Air Canada is supposed to offer compensation above out-of-pocket costs.

However, the airline has told him that because that request wasn’t in the initial statement of claim, they will not be offering him any added compensation, he said.

Air Canada spokeswoman Isabelle Arthur said the airline is unable to comment on the specific details of a matter as it is still before the courts, but noted credit card fraud is a growing problem.
[....]
Earle said, in his experience, people are afraid of the costs of going through legal proceedings.

“But how many seniors can afford to put $6,000 on a credit card at 19.99 per cent interest and not be compensated?” he said.

Earle said he believes Air Canada has adopted a “tough-it-out approach with customers.”

“They want to wait and see what happens, to see if they can get out of paying compensation,” he said.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/92950...n-francisco-after-bag-taken-off-united-flight
[....]
Ben Kepes sits in San Francisco with a dead phone, no charger, no identification or money after a United Airlines flight attendant removed his carry-on bag from under his business class seat and left it in Nashville before departure.

Kepes said it was not until his flight reached San Francisco he realised his bag was gone.

The flight attendant thought the bag was from a previous passenger and was "in tears" when she realised the mistake, he said.
[....]
"This was a total screw up, but the individual who made the mistake felt bad and tried to help. It's what happens thereafter that is important."

That is where he says things went more wrong, describing the customer care he received as "abysmal".

He said baggage services were disinterested and all United Airlines help merely pointed to an online claim form for delayed baggage.

There was no compensation for his delayed essential belongings, which were more than four hours away.
[....]
Kepes' belongings were found and would be on their way to San Francisco on Wednesday (US time).

"But [United] didn't even suggest the possibility of getting [my bag] to me - I am expected to go down there to collect it."

Kepes, who lives in Canterbury, went to the US for business and pre-booked hotel room and prearranged car to collect him.

He expected to fly back to New Zealand on Wednesday night, but was unsure with his delayed passport and essentials.

"They should have done better I reckon."
[....]
[doublepost=1495634781,1495632196][/doublepost]http://www.wkbw.com/news/same-sex-parents-wchildren-souhtwest-airlines-denied-us-family-boarding
BUFFALO N.Y. (WKBW) - Grant Morse and his spouse (together 26 years married for the past five years) are the legal and biological fathers of twin three-year-old boys and a daughter who is five. This past weekend, the family says they were the victim of "Blatant Discrimination" by Southwest Airlines.
[....]
According to Grant Morse, a Southwest Airlines' boarding agent and a supervisor refused to allow the family to use the airlines' family boarding procedure despite multiple requests. Morse said he was told that only "one" of the legal fathers could board with the three children. The angry father said he has flown Southwest Airlines many times and never had any previous problems with family boarding until now.

As a result, the family says it was forced to be separated on the aircraft with the 83-year-old mother sitting by an emergency exit, the 5-year-old daughter sitting in a row alone in between two strangers, Grant Morse sitting in the last row with the twins and his spouse two rows ahead.
[....]
Family Boarding policy that Southwest Airlines has posted online:

An adult traveling with a child six years old or younger may board during Family Boarding, which occurs after the “A” group has boarded and before the “B” group begins boarding. If the child and the adult are both holding an “A” boarding pass, they should board in their assigned boarding position.

Reporter Ed Reilly talked with Grant Morse who said he filed a formal complaint with Southwest Airlines and is looking at the possibility of taking legal action. Morse said what upset him was seeing another family (man, woman and child) enter the plane during family boarding while Morse's family was made to stand to the side.

"I felt like I was a criminal and I was humiliated," [....]

"Prior to the departure of Flight 5136 from Buffalo to Fort Lauderdale on May 20, we welcomed all families to board the aircraft during Family Boarding between the “A” and “B” boarding groups. Our Operations Agent informed two parents that another member of their group was ineligible to board under Family Boarding and asked that she board in her assigned boarding group. This conversation in the boarding area had nothing to do with discrimination, we welcomed both parents to board the aircraft with their children. The parents expressed disappointment that the Family Boarding policy was not applicable to another member of their group. The two parents did not agree with our policy, and our Flight Crew worked to save seats together on the aircraft for the family as the conversation continued in the gate area. Our Family Boarding Policy is explained on Southwest.com and our Employees work hard to follow the policy to accommodate families traveling together while also maintaining boarding priorities for all of our Customers."

"Ben Kepes sits in San Francisco with a dead phone, no charger, no identification or money after a United Airlines flight attendant removed his carry-on bag from under his business class seat and left it in Nashville before departure.
The customer service was bad, bt he should have kept his wallet ,ID, credit cards on his person at all times.

Last edited:
I get panicky if I put my stuff anywhere but where they're supposed to be. I have to take the extra second to put my debit card back exactly where it belongs after use, because if I don't I can't find it the next time.

I would have never been able to just sit there while all my important crap was somewhere I wasn't.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/asiana-airlines-passenger-forced-move-212554470.html
A San Francisco man aboard an Asiana Airlines flight claims he was discriminated against and forced to vacate his seat because of his prosthetic leg. During the confrontation, a flight attendant allegedly told the passenger, Tim Seward, that he’s “not a normal person.” Seward captured some of the exchange on video.

Seward was traveling from China to South Korea Sunday and reportedly purchased a seat in the exit row near the front of the aircraft, according to NBC reported Monday. But he was soon asked to move by an airline agent, who was concerned that he would not be able to perform the same actions required of the seat as an able-bodied person.
[....]
Seward, who reportedly paid extra for the seat, said a female agent had approached him before the incident to ask if he could perform the necessary function required of the emergency row. Seward said he could. He was then approached by a different airline agent, at which point Seward began filming.

The video, seen above, seems to begin after the airline already asked him to move. Seward then asks the Asiana Airlines agent why he is being asked to change seats. He shows the man his prosthetic.

“I’m not saying you’re disabled,” the agent says. In response to Seward’s questions about why he’s being moved, the agent says, “I cannot prove your leg is functional. If you want to show me, maybe you can run or jump.”

In a separate interview with ABC News Sunday, Seward said he was “threatened” that if didn’t move they’d kick him off the flight.
[....]
As ABC pointed out, the Federal Aviation Administration’s website clearly states that “physical ability” to perform the necessary duties required of exit row seats are used to determine whether a person with a prosthetic can sit there — not the prosthetic alone.

Seward told NBC that he doesn’t blame the airline but called the event “pretty embarrassing.” He lost his leg to cancer when he was 11 years old, but he is extremely actively. “For anyone to judge me based on my prosthetic alone is absolutely insane,” he told NBC.
[....]

[doublepost=1496154180,1495808407][/doublepost]https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3672676/british-airways-boss-tries-gag-staff-it-failure/
THE British Airways boss is alleged to have tried to “gag staff” over the IT meltdown which hit 300,000 passengers – as inexperienced staff in India didn’t know how to launch the back up system, it has been claimed.

The airline’s check-in and operational systems crashed on Saturday and saw thousands of people trying to travel on Bank Holiday weekend left stranded.
[....]
And boss Alex Cruz has been blamed for the disaster, but it is now claimed he tried to stop staff talking about the problems experienced after outsourcing staff to India.

In an email to staff obtained by the Daily Mail, he wrote: “Guys, either you are part of the team working to fix this or you aren’t. We are not in the mode of ‘debriefing on what happened’ but rather ‘let’s fix this mode’.”

Adding: “In the meantime, if you do not want to get involved or cannot get involved, I would kindly ask you to refrain from live commentary, unless it is a message of support to the thousands of colleagues that love BA as much as you do.”
[....]
The chief executive, who founded budget carrier Clickair and ran airline Vueling before moving to work for British Airways in 2016, has been accused of replacing British IT professionals with cheap overseas workers since taking the role.

And GMB union bosses say that this move may have led to this weekend’s chaos – a whistle-blower even claimed bosses knew about the “dodgy” systems.

Aviation expert Julian Bray told The Daily Mail: “I would have expected someone with major international airline experience to be put in charge, rather than someone who has been in charge of two smaller airlines, with an indifferent financial record.
[....]
“Cruz is known as being an outsourcer and cost-cutter, stripping out frills and cutting head count, and therefore not particularly suited to an upmarket, people-intensive, luxury-price brand.”

Distraught passengers were reportedly told they wouldn’t be refunded after the massive IT meltdown.
[....]
Delays were also reported in the US, Rome, Prague, Milan, Stockholm and Malaga.

The log-jam also hit passengers landing as they had nowhere to disembark.

Amid the "carnage" ground staff resorted to scrawling messages for pilots on pieces of paper.
[....]
A man who was caught up in the delays at Heathrow airport yesterday said the airline had lost his and dozens of other passengers' bags by the time his flight landed.

Terry Page, 28, from London, flew from Terminal 5 to Fort Worth, Texas.

On arrival he and "about 50" others were eventually told that BA did not know where the bags were, and were told they were hoping they would receive them on Monday.

"They said nothing," he claimed. "I saw everyone else filling out forms and I asked what it was about.

"It's affected so many people. Some 80-year-old lady was standing around waiting for announcements, et cetera - and she fell over," he said.
[....]
As a result of the mayhem, queues formed inside and outside airport buildings yesterday, one of the hottest days of the year so far in the UK.

Despite initial reports from passengers that the disruptions had been caused by a cyber attack, BA has said that a "power supply issue" was most likely behind the global IT failure.

Chief executive Alex Cruz said: "We believe the root cause was a power supply issue and we have no evidence of any cyber attack."

In a statement, BA said: "We have experienced a major IT system failure that is causing very severe disruption to our flight operations worldwide.

"The terminals at Heathrow and Gatwick have become extremely congested and we have cancelled all flights from Heathrow and Gatwick before 6pm UK time today, so please do not come to the airports."
nintchdbpict000327255945.jpg

nintchdbpict000327277436.jpg

nintchdbpict000327480390.jpg
[doublepost=1496238249][/doublepost]http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/30/new...ml?sr=twCNN053017united-airlines-unsafe-plane
The Federal Aviation Administration on Tuesday proposed a $435,000 fine against United Airlines (UAL) for purportedly operating an airplane "that was not in airworthy condition."

In June 2014, United mechanics replaced a fuel pump pressure switch on one of the carrier's Boeing 747 jetliners. But the FAA claims that the airline did not complete a required inspection of the repair before the plane resumed flying.

United flew the aircraft on 23 domestic and international passenger flights before the inspection was ultimately performed, according to the FAA. The plane may have even made two flights after the FAA notified United about the problem, the agency said.
[....]
United, in a statement, provided a slightly different account of what happened.

"We immediately took action after identifying the issue and are working closely with the FAA in their review," spokesperson Charles Hobart said.

The FAA said that United has asked to meet with the agency to "discuss the case."
[....]

http://www.wwnytv.com/story/3554965...ay-senior-classs-plane-tickets-for-dream-trip
It started as just a dream for the senior class of Morristown Central School - a class trip to Puerto Rico.

"We started with $1,100 and going to Puerto Rico wasn't even a thought," said Haley Whitmarsh, a senior.

After months of fundraising - sometimes two, three times a week, the 11 students had raised $20,000 and planned a trip to Puerto Rico.

Sarah Belile is the senior class advisor and helped the students make their dream become a reality.

"We had basketball games and cook-offs at the basketball games, we had craft fairs, we sold candles, we sold chocolates, pizzas, pies," she said.

Early Friday morning, they boarded the bus at Morristown Central and headed to the Syracuse Airport.

"As soon as we got there we looked up and the Newark, New Jersey sign says flights been canceled and everyone was like, what, what's going on. And they told us that if you go if you drive right now to Newark, we can jump on our second flight," said Whitmarsh.

So they rented four cars and drove to Newark.

"We got there and they had given away our flights," said Whitmarsh.

The airline was United.

After scrambling to try to find a new plan, it didn't work.

The group called it quits and drove home.

These are some of the pictures of their travels - not the pictures the students hoped they would be taking.

"All of our excursions, the hotels, the taxis, the dinners, everything we had lined up we started canceling," said Belile.

The next morning, they decided they would go to Darien Lake theme park.

"We made the most of it. It's not Puerto Rico, but we had fun," said Whitmarsh.
[....]
Now, the students are just hoping they can get back some of the money they had raised.

"If the trip's not possible anymore, just getting that money and putting it towards good use like college. All of us are going to college," said Whitmarsh.

The students graduate on June 24 and they hope they'll see some of the money, before they walk across the stage.

They gave away their flights?!?!?! Gaaaah!!! They should give these kids an all expense paid trip. Everything they had planned, everything they already paid for and lost money on, EVERYTHING. They were all excited for their futures and worked so hard, just to be screwed over for things that weren't their fault. What bullshit.

Back