• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Jul 27, 2015

The Afghanistan war veteran who pleaded guilty in the death of a Chesterton 2-year-old was sentenced to 30 years in prison and five years probation Monday during a tumultuous hearing.

When Felix Richard Duron pleaded guilty on June 15, he admitted he was the reason that Bentley Mihal needed medical attention before he died the next day, July 19, 2014.

Mihal had traumatic injury and bruising on his back, but Duron told police for two months that he found the toddler face down by a trampoline at their Chesterton home and that Mihal hit his head earlier, court documents said.

Police arrested Duron in September after hearing that he was packing to leave the area.

Duron admitted then that he'd shaken the child, demonstrating it on a garbage can with what police said was anger in his eyes, the probable cause affidavit said.

Mihal's mother, Shaina Reynolds, said on the witness stand that Duron was the only father Mihal knew and Duron's inaction after injuring Mihal cost the boy's life.

"He chose my son's fate that day. It's not child abuse resulting in death. It was murder," Reynolds said.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/subu...-duron-sentencing-st-0728-20150727-story.html

"Duron admitted he was in a state of extreme anger and resentment and shook B.M. (Bentley Mihal) like he (Duron) 'would shake a man.' Duron then demonstrated with a medium size plastic garbage can in the room by holding it chest high and violently shaking it," Rinker wrote in the court document.

Duron also admitted to shaking the boy, the son of Shaina Reynolds of Chesterton, more than once. Reynolds and Duron were engaged at the time of the incident. The two also have 9-month-old twins together.

"Even while demonstrating for us, Duron had a look of anger on his face," wrote Rinker.

The document states on the morning of July 18, Reynolds had gone to work. Bentley woke up crying and Duron was taking him to the bathroom when the boy fell. It was then that

Duron picked him up, lifting him to chest height, and shook the boy.

Duron allegedly told police he than sat the child on the couch where he was unresponsive. He put a cereal bar near Bentley's hand, but again the child didn't respond. Duron turned on the television and then went to make himself something for breakfast.
https://www.nwitimes.com/news/local...cle_c4b021d0-8842-540a-8e3c-7800dd642fd4.html
1541136249661.png
1541136258769.png

Finally! A mom not defending her DOTM against all reason.

What a sweet little peanut! Reminds me of my son at that age RIP angel

Back