• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
An infant is fighting for her life at a Nashville hospital after abuse at the hands of her parents, police said.

Addilyn, only 3 months old, is currently in a medically-induced coma while doctors try to pinpoint and stop the bleeding on her brain.
While the young baby is clinging to life at Vanderbilt University Medical Center with multiple broken bones and severe internal injuries - her parents are behind bars in Lawrence County.

Michael Fisher, 30, is charged with aggravated child abuse and Brooklyn Tidwell, age 27, is charged with aggravated child neglect.

Lawrenceburg Police said Addilyn was airlifted to VUMC after being physically abused by her father, Fisher, on Jan. 26.

Now, family members caring for Addilyn are seeing an outpouring of support and ask for continued prayers.

Matt Tidwell, Addilyn's uncle, says right now, she only weighs 8 pounds- and this isn't the first time baby Addilyn has struggled in her short life. Matt said Addilyn was born premature and only weighed about 4 pounds at birth.

But, Matt says the power of prayer is working as Addilyn has finally stopped having seizures for the first time since she was abused.

Last edited:
FTA - 'But, Matt says the power of prayer is working as Addilyn has finally stopped having seizures for the first time since she was abused.'

No mention of gratitude or thanks to the doctors, nurses and the myriad of others that are busting their collective asses to save him...

Pretty much tells me all I need to know about this family.

Two suspects, who are facing serious allegations in separate child abuse cases, have been moved to isolation in the Lawrence County Jail after allegedly fighting with one another.

Both suspects were kept separate from the general jail population for their own safety, but they reportedly ended up attacking each other. Sheriff John Myers said the two were apparently disgusted with each other's crime.

Correctional officers ended up breaking up the alternation.

Simon Dean Porter is charged with the aggravated rape of a child after allegedly confessing to attacking his 16-month-old son, potentially causing “possibly permanent damage,” investigators said.

Michael Fisher is accused of beating his three-month-old daughter to the "brink of death."

Each child survived but face years of recovery.

Why did they break the fight up?

Three-month-old Addilyn is showing signs of improvement after being neglected and abused to the "brink of death," CBS affiliate WTVF reported.

Both her parents are charged in the case. The father, 30-year-old Michael Fisher, is charged with attempted first-degree murder. The mother, 27-year-old Brooklyn Tidwell, is charged with aggravated child neglect.

The Tennessee couple is accused of abusing the baby to the "brink of death." WTVF reports that, as of Feb. 11, she remained hospitalized.

According to WTVF, Tidwell has a history with the Department of Children's Services. The station reported that she had two of her other children removed from her home before Addilyn was born.

A middle Tennessee baby who was put into a medically-induced coma after reported abuse by her parents has been released from the hospital.

According to the AddilynStrong Facebook page, baby Addilyn is home safe and doing well.

Addilyn's family fought for custody of the baby after she suffered multiple broken bones, severe internal injuries and bleeding on her brain.

I had a four pounder omg how itty bitty :happy: ... with all my four at that age I was too busy cooing and snuggling and in awww of what blessing I was afforded... I cannot imagine for the life of me getting mad or hurting someone so tiny and fragile... even through colic I was frustrated with me... I felt a failure because I couldn’t fix it... not at my little one who just needed mommy to hold him & walk the floor and make it better...

FTA - 'But, Matt says the power of prayer is working as Addilyn has finally stopped having seizures for the first time since she was abused.'

No mention of gratitude or thanks to the doctors, nurses and the myriad of others that are busting their collective asses to save him...

Pretty much tells me all I need to know about this family.
Yeah apparently the family believe in God. I just had surgery today and my prayer was for God to guide the surgeon. Just because they didn't mention the staff doesn't mean they aren't grateful. Stop that

@Satanica @Sue sue @Fives My Charm @FrayedKnot @Nell @Sally_Feschuk
Addilyn with her new parents (she has been officially adopted) who have cared for her since she was released from the hospital.
Thanks @Sugar Cookie! I'm so so happy for Addilyn and her new family!!! Her mommy and daddy are obviously besotted with her, and she looks so content. I was having a shite day today, but this news has totally changed all that. Truly, thank you so much for the update.

Back