• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
1604106162687.png

AddilynStrong
YteSsmstuerdponcayd gggmaerntsst 1f2:41 roroPrgMfedmt ·

Sorry haven’t updated in awhile just lots of things going on in our lives!!! Addilyn is feeling under the weather but praying she gets better soon!!! In the last week we have received some gifts and birthday cards thank you to all for loving our lil girl
1f49c.png
1f49c.png
1f49c.png

AddilynStrong

SctecepteSldpumcberogn sorentsihd20 ·

Oh gosh where do I start, I can’t believe it’s been a whole year today since our lil became ours forever
1f49c.png
she brings so much joy to our family!! It’s been a long road, lots of prayers, lots of trips to dr, and she fights so hard! I thank God every single day for our lil blessing she completes our family thank you to everyone for the love support and prayers for Addilyn she definitely knows she’s loved for everyone happy 1 year adoption day my sweet Addilyn Woodard

I had a four pounder omg how itty bitty :happy: ... with all my four at that age I was too busy cooing and snuggling and in awww of what blessing I was afforded... I cannot imagine for the life of me getting mad or hurting someone so tiny and fragile... even through colic I was frustrated with me... I felt a failure because I couldn’t fix it... not at my little one who just needed mommy to hold him & walk the floor and make it better...
I totally understand, my twins were 1 lbs 5oz and 1lb12oz when they were born at 25 weeks, I was diagnosed with a rare syndrome that only happens with identical twins, I was so scared and I did everything right in my pregnancy...I just wanted to hold and love them and yet it was hard because they were so fragile....I cant understand people that harm their babies...my twins are doing amazing now and I hope your 4 pounder is doing so as well!!

A father accused of nearly beating his own infant daughter to death will face a judge and jury at the end of August.

Many followed the case of Baby Addilyn, who defied the odds and survived. Both her biological parents, Michael Fisher and Brooklyn Tidwell were charged in the case. Tidwell was charged with aggravated child neglect and Fisher, who will stand trial first, was charged with aggravated child abuse and attempted First Degree murder.

For a conviction, they'll need to prove he was trying to kill his daughter. And, police say he very nearly did.

Addilyn was only two-and-a-half months old when she was rushed to the hospital after suffering a horrible beating in Lawrence County.

She had fractured bones, bleeding on the brain and doctors did not think Addilyn would last the night. But, she survived.

"Both of them have to pay for their actions and what they did," said Terra Woodard, Addilyn's adoptive mother.

Woodard says her daughter's defied the odds. A big part of that? She's part of a loving family, but they can't help but wonder what might have been.

"You ask yourself every day what she would have been like if this hadn't happened. She would be playing with the rest of the kids," she said.

The abuse left Addilyn blind, but, that's not slowing her down.

She goes wherever the family goes. This, despite injuries that resulted in brain damage. Addilyn is unable to talk, but she's slowly but surely making progress.

Addilyn will turn three in November - an age many thought she'd never see.

Addilyn's biological father will stand trial beginning August 30. Her mother is scheduled to go before the jury in December. Both remain locked up on the charges.

A surprise guilty plea from a father accused of nearly beating his infant daughter to death. The question now: Was he trying to kill baby Addilyn? That's at the heart of a more serious charge as the high-profile case still went to trial Monday morning.

The prosecution is still seeking a conviction for attempted first-degree murder.

So many have closely followed the baby Addilyn case. The 2-month-old was very nearly beaten to death more than two years ago in Lawrence County. The trial is being held in Lincoln County for a change in venue.

Her biological father, Michael Dwayne Fisher, is charged with aggravated child abuse and attempted first-degree murder for allegedly beating his infant daughter, Addilyn.

Addilyn's biological mother, Brooklyn Tidwell, will stand trial later this year on charges of aggravated child neglect.

Emergency room nurse Sherry Ray testified she was stunned at the child's condition upon arrival back in January of 2019, responding to this prosecutor's question:

"How unusual is it to see a 10-week-old infant with black eyes?"

"Very unusual at that age."

Fisher told the nurse Addilyn had fallen, but her severe injuries -- bleeding, broken bones and head trauma -- told a different story. Police investigated, and Fisher was arrested.

Then, just as the trial began, a surprise as Fisher pleaded guilty to aggravated child abuse. His defense attorney says Fisher admits to hurting Addilyn.

"What happened to Addilyn is a tragedy and the person responsible is Michael Fisher," said public defender Mark Harris.

But the defense also said while Fisher abused Addilyn he did not want to kill her.

The prosecution will make the case he premeditated the beating, and it was attempted murder.

"On that night, Micheal Fisher attempted to kill Addilyn and he came so close," said Assistant District Attorney Gary Howell.

By pleading guilty to aggravated child abuse, Fisher now accepts a sentence up to 25 years in prison. If the jury finds him guilty of attempted first-degree murder, he could face another 25 years on top of that.

A jury has convicted the father of Baby Addilyn of attempted first-degree murder in the beating that nearly killed his daughter in Lawrence County.

Addilyn’s biological father Michael Dwayne Fisher had already pleaded guilty to aggravated child abuse. He faces up to 25 years on sentencing.

Now that he’s been convicted of attempted first-degree murder, he faces an additional sentence of another 25 years.

Fisher beat his infant daughter two-and-a-half years ago. Addilyn was left blind and with brain damage.

Her loving, adoptive mother, Terra Woodard, took the stand at trial and through tears explained the physical challenges facing Addilyn the rest of her life because of the injuries.
Fisher actually testified in his own defense at trial. He claimed he tripped while carrying Addilyn and fell on her, and he conceded he was very angry when she cried and beat her.

But he testified he did not want to kill her.

For attempted first-degree murder, the jury decided Fisher premeditated a plan to kill his daughter -- that he wanted to kill her.

The father of Baby Addilyn has been sentenced to 50 years in prison after a jury convicted him two months ago of nearly beating his infant daughter to death back in 2019.

A judge sentenced Michael Fisher Friday morning to 25 years for attempted murder and 25 years for aggravated child abuse. Those sentences are to be served consecutively at 100%.

Fisher, who also pleaded guilty to aggravated child abuse, testified at trial to becoming angry over her crying and beat Addilyn — but denied that he intended to kill her. However, the jury didn't buy it and convicted him of attempted first-degree murder.

After the beating, Addilyn was left blind and with brain damage.

Her adoptive mother, Terra Woodard, took the stand at trial and through tears explained the physical challenges facing Addilyn the rest of her life because of the injuries.

Brooklyn Tidwell, the biological mother of “baby Addilyn,” has entered a best-interest plea to child abuse — a reduced charge. She will receive three years probation in the case.

Tidwell also entered a best-interest plea in another charge of a robbery for six years probation, reports Tennessee River Valley News. She will be required to break no laws and be drug tested on a regular basis. One slip up would send her to prison for nine years.

A best-interest plea is when someone does not admit guilt, but agrees that a guilty plea is in his or her best interest.

So many have followed the baby Addilyn case out of Lawrence County. The child was nearly beaten to death more than two years ago.

Her biological father, Michael Fisher, was convicted of attempted murder and aggravated child abuse and sentenced to 50 years in prison earlier this month.

Tidwell was charged with aggravated child neglect.
Under the plea, she is also ordered to have absolutely no contact with Addilyn — who has since been adopted by a loving family.

Addilyn was left blind and with brain damage from the beating, but she is a survivor and continues to improve. Her third birthday party is this weekend.

Back