• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

VLGRDSPLY

Trusted Member
Netlix documentary, it is so fucked up! Its is literally mind boggling how passive this family was about what happened to their daughter, tons of things happened, its almost unbelievable - but its true.

Here is an article about it that I just saw this morning... If you have an extra hour n a half to watch something, do it!

RIGHT!!!! - I must have said what the fuck 900 times while watching, my head was just perpetually shaking (no) in bewilderment the entire thing.. and as it went on it just got even more WTF!

Not the gut-punch Dear Zachary was, but did display a level of absolute stupidity that was mind-boggling. 7/10.

And I don't care what time frame this all happened in and, yes, pedophiles were more of a joke (I remember the Chester the Molester character) but this was not a case of naivety. This was two people trying to cover their asses at the expense of their daughter, IMO. As for the pedo featured in this documentary, he has to be the King of all pedos. Like, I bet pedos celebrate his birthday and shit.

Whew. I grew up in the 70s and remember some sketchy adults in my neighborhood. Sex was everywhere and the Boomers were letting it all hang out. I was so grossed out by the tight jeans men wore that outlined their junk. Thank God my Dad was a cynic and much less trusting than these parents!

Holy fucking shit! Watched this last night, and, oh man, the dumbass parents. It is simply unbelievable that anyone, much less two adults, could be that naive. Even more unbelievable, they were "duped" over and over by Berchtold even as his lies became more outlandish and obvious. The parents allowed him to gain total control over their family until they were helping him! And, in the end, Berchtold wasn't really punished at all.

I laud the victim for being able to forgive her parents. Don't know if I could be so generous.

Back