• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/abduct...urs-before-mother-found-dead-police-1.2984848
Calgary police say that a missing five-year-old girl was last seen with an unidentified man on Monday about nine hours before her mother was found dead in her basement apartment, and there’s hope that whoever abducted the child does not plan to harm her.

Witnesses told police that they saw a child matching Taliyah Leigh Marsman’s description walking with “a stocky, black male” around 11:30 a.m. on Monday. The child was seen carrying a reddish-coloured suitcase and wearing red or pink boots with white polka dots, police said.

Calgary police major crimes Insp. Don Coleman said that the suitcase could be a sign that whoever took Taliyah intends to care for her.
[....]
Police found Taliyah’s mother, Sara Baillie, 34, dead in her basement apartment around 8:30 p.m. Monday night after she didn’t show up to work at an airport restaurant and her family contacted police. Police issued a Canada-wide Amber Alert for Taliyah at approximately 1:40 a.m. on Tuesday, and the young girl remained missing on Wednesday.

Coleman said the stocky black male and the girl resembling Taliyah were seen in the same area where Baillie’s car was later found.

“We believe that is a good possibility that that’s Taliyah and an unknown male, so we’re chasing down leads on that … we believe walking away from the victim’s vehicle, potentially,” he said.

Police are considering the possibility that Taliyah could be outside the Calgary area or the province, but Coleman said investigators have “no information that that’s actually the case.”

The new information has allowed police to narrow down the focus of their investigation, but officials have yet to name a suspect in Taliyah’s disappearance or Baillie’s death.

On Wednesday, investigators determined that Baillie’s death was a homicide. Police said they will not release her cause of death.

Calgary police also released security camera footage from Sunday of the mother and daughter at a Calgary-area Dairy Queen. The footage appears to show Baillie speaking with an unidentified family inside the restaurant, and police have released images of the encounter in hopes of reaching the family.

Missing girl’s father speaks out

Taliyah’s father released a statement on Wednesday begging whoever abducted his daughter to bring her back home.

Colin Marsman thanked Calgary police for searching for his daughter and offered condolences to Baillie’s family.
image_zpsqndygole.jpg

I am wondering if Taliyah heard or observed anything before she was packed up and seen to have walked off with her abducter? I wonder when they will release cause of death of her mother?

Shitty...I love the sentiment, about the back pack, and the possibility that this little girl

might be being taken care of, but I doubt it. I would like to be wrong about it, I hope she gets

dropped off someplace and I hope she comes across as a stupid five year old and not a smart one

because smart five years old can put you in jail and whoever she is with might not

realise that.

****No I'm not hoping the girl is stupid before anyone starts, I just hope she gets that playing

dumb might save her life.

I can't wait to see how this ends.

The correlation between a suitcase and her being "cared" for o_O is fucking ridiculous.

.... Good thinkin :shifty: oh ... she's ok :rolleyes: the guy mighta killed her mom :shrug: but he made sure before he took her ...
She had her favorite blankie and a change of clothes :finger::finger::finger: are u kiddin me!!

I thought this one was on here, or I'd have posted it a few days ago. :(

Sadly, I don't think this is going to end well. They are searching fields near Calgary for items, and one shot on the TV (we've had it on the TV on and off for the past few days, as anyone leaving Calgary would travel right past our town) the had an RCMP officer bagging a wee teddy bear. I hope it's not hers. I hope she's found safe. But my gut is saying it won't end well.

So sorry Taliyah, I really hope you make it home.

I do t have a link as the power is out here and my phone is acting funny in the webs, but it has been confirmed that RCMP have found her body.

The suspect is now facing first degree murder charges. And he was known to the family.

@myra manes Im in BC, probably should have been more clear. If heading my way you'd have to pass through my area.

I was hoping so much for a good outcome. Little Taliyah must have witnessed her mothers murder and could ID the suspect. Bless her heart. RIP little one.

I had hoped with the tiny suitcase he was going to keep her alive but they say she was tossed before they even got the call and found the mom. He didn't even bother trying to hide the body in the ground. Just tossed her on the side of the road. If there is any justice please tell me he didn't rape her first!!??

http://globalnews.ca/news/3359648/e...sman-sara-baillie-preliminary-inquiry-begins/
A preliminary inquiry for a man accused in the high-profile killings of a Calgary mother and her daughter began Monday.

Edward Downey has pleaded not guilty to two counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of Sara Baillie and her daughter, Taliyah Marsman.

The evidence presented at the hearing is under a publication ban.

[...]

At the end of the hearing, the judge will decide if there is enough evidence to order Downey to stand trial.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2832987/m...h-marsman-didnt-pose-undue-risk-parole-board/
According to documents obtained by Global News, the Parole Board of Canada didn’t feel Downey posed a risk to the public when he was granted release from prison six years ago.

“Overall, you have relied on the use of prostitution and drug trafficking to support yourself,” the board said in a written decision. “You have lived a criminally entrenched lifestyle… choosing to rely on criminal means to support yourself rather than find and keep legitimate employment.”

After weighing all evidence, Downey was granted full parole on May 27, 2010 and the board said, “The board is satisfied… you will not present an undue risk to society.”

The board noted Downey presented a moderate risk of violence to a partner and a low risk of violence towards others.

Downey was convicted of drug trafficking, weapons and prostitution-related charges and has ties to organized crime, with affiliations to a high-profile Canadian gang that originates out of Nova Scotia.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/they-...-family-of-murdered-mother-daughter-1.4327507

08 Mar 2019

A jury found the 49-year-old guilty last year [December 2018] of first-degree murder in the 2016 deaths of Sara Baillie and five-year-old Taliyah Marsman.
[...]
The convictions come with an automatic life sentence, but a judge is to determine whether Downey must wait 25 or 50 years before he can apply for parole. The Crown is seeking consecutive periods of parole ineligibility. [...]

Back