• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Alf

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
camelface.jpeg

A tip o' the ball cap to @McDanel

GROSSE TETE, La. (WAFB) - A woman was sent to the hospital after biting the testicles of a camel that was sitting on her at the truck stop in Grosse Tete, Louisiana, according to the Iberville Parish Sheriff’s Office.

On Thursday evening, a couple at the I-10 truck stop in Grosse Tete was chasing after their deaf dog ran away from them, Sheriff Brett Stassi said. The dog, according to Stassi, ran under the double barbed wire fencing that fenced off the enclosure of the camel.

The couple chased after the dog into the enclosure, meeting an agitated camel, who is named Caspar. Sheriff Stassi said, somehow, the camel sat on the woman. The woman, possibly out of self-defense, bit the camel’s testicles.

The woman was sent to the hospital, according to the sheriff. The extent of her injuries was not released.

It is a truism that, "Dog Bites Man", rarely is news, while, "Man Bites Dog", rarely is not news. "Woman Bites Camel", has to be one of the more unique headlines.

Link

--Al

Last edited by a moderator:
Caspar has been in the enclosure since last summer, replacing truck stop’s previous attraction, Tony the tiger.
The tiger had been put down in October 2017 because of kidney failure and other health issues.

Owner Michal Sandlin had said he was considering expanding the facilities to bring in more animals and create a petting zoo for children.

I guess he did not take this as a bad omen for expanding the "attraction" or he suspects people will come to see if anyone bites the testicles off a camel!

:D

Why does this camel even have testicles?

I think this idiot should be prohibited from having animals.

The dog, according to Stassi, ran under the double barbed wire fencing that fenced off the enclosure of the camel.
The couple chased after the dog into the enclosure, meeting an agitated camel, who is named Caspar. Sheriff Stassi said, somehow, the camel sat on the woman. The woman, possibly out of self-defense, bit the camel’s testicles.
So this fucking moron has a full intact male camel housed behind a 2 strand barbed wire fence.
Idiot.

Not to mention the fucking moron who went into the enclosure after a dog.

@Keepalowprofile Don't jump to conclusions and read the whole sentence.. The barbed wire fence was to keep people away from the enclosure. The camel is behind a good high fence.
She was injured but her husband is also complicit. Both should be cited for trespassing and sued for traumatising the camel.

[...]Problems arose when a man began tossing treats inside Caspar’s enclosure, leading his and his wife’s dog to hop the fence to go after them, Iberville Parish Sheriff’s Deputy Louis Hamilton Jr. told the Advocate on Sunday. Problems worsened when the deaf dog would not respond to calls to come back.

So the man and his wife made a decision: They were going to crawl underneath the fence, past the sign that said “No Trespassing,” and retrieve the dog from Caspar’s territory themselves, Bossier said.
[...]
camel.JPG

Last edited:
Hold on everyone.! Have you SEEN a camel sit down?
It is not like a 400lb human collapsing into his/her double wide arm chair, where everyone could see the sleeping cat never had a chance.
I could microwave popcorn AND explain to my mother-in-law why we weren't going this year to her place for Thanksgiving in the time it takes. And this camel doesn't sound so agitated if it felt like having a leisurely sitdown during all this excitement.
That Englishman, who is frequently arrested for compulsively masturbating when he spots a horse in a field?
I wonder if he would have more insight into all of this?

Well yes.
But if someone has a public attraction they are obligated to make the enclosure so that not nothing can get in.
I wouldnt house a stallion behind a two strand barbed wire.

The camel is not pastured behind two strand barb wire. His sturdy enclosure with the No Trespassing sign is beyond the barbed wire fence. The only people 100% responsible for this is the humans who crossed TWO barriers and ignored a no trespassing sign.

How did the camel sit on her.
If it sat, she would have noticed and gotten out of the way.
If she was running and it was agitated then she would have had it sit on her back
Need to know logistically how this happened because I can’t see how she would be able to bite its testicles at all.....
Even if it was laid on her face, sat down, I’d imagine the testicles were pretty hard to find unless you were really looking for them.
I think this was kinkiness gone wrong and the dog was a reason to be there if they were caught.....
Something just doesn’t seem right.
Especially knowing they have a deaf dog that can’t recall because it’s deaf.......
Throwing treats over to get the dog to go in whilst they get their kink on and it goes wrong, seems the more plausible story.....

I reckon she did some damage.
GROSSE TETE, La. (AP) — A veterinarian has prescribed antibiotics to a camel owned by a Louisiana truck stop petting zoo after a woman bit the 600-pound (272-kilogram) animal to free herself from under its weight.

Iberville Parish Sheriff's Office documents obtained by The Advocate on Monday accuse Florida couple Gloria and Edmond Lancaster of throwing treats for their unleashed dog into Caspar the camel's enclosure at Tiger Truck Stop. The couple told deputies the camel attacked the dog, but the sheriff's office said the couple had provoked the animal before it sat on Gloria Lancaster. She'd crawled under barbed wire to retrieve her pet.
Link

--Al

Sonofabitch its actually a Florida woman story. They're from the town I live in here in Florida
Now it makes more sense. One gets the impression that before this all started someone said "Hold my beer"
Post automatically merged:

I wondered why the camel had not been castrated yet so researched a bit.
We prefer to castrate camels after 16 months of age, or before 2 years. Pre-puberty neutering of camels can cause a delayed closure of the long bone epiphysis. This causes the legs to be longer than average.

The same rule applies to gelding all camellids including llamas & alpacas.
Also applies to Sheltie dogs!

Last edited:
Back