• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
1568125658588.png

An Adelaide medical researcher on his way to monitor animals testing a new vaccine was carjacked by an American baseballer on LSD and in the midst of a “bad trip”, a court has heard.

Timothy William Cusick, of San Francisco, pushed Dr Austen Chen out of his car on North Terrace about 1.50am on March 20, before crashing the vehicle into a tree at nearby Richmond.

The 28-year-old had been in Adelaide playing baseball for Henley and Grange Baseball Club at the time and has been required to remain in Australia since his arrest.

His parents travelled from the US to be at today’s hearing, when Dr Chen told the court his team had spent “years of hard work” developing a new vaccine.

“It has now entered a crucial stage of being tested on animals, which means I have to constantly come to check animals during the early mornings,” he said in a victim impact statement read by prosecutor Georgina Nicholson.

“It’s impossible for me to avoid doing this, otherwise we would never get scientifically valid results.”

He said the incident has profoundly affected him and he has no option but to continue his early morning shift.

“I know I am not 100 per cent OK … the anxiety and fear will be forever with me unless I stop doing it,” he said.

Marie Shaw, for Cusick, said earlier on the night of the carjacking her client had met up with a woman, drunk whisky and had taken LSD.

She said he was in the midst of a “bad trip” at the time of the incident and was trying to get to the airport to return to America because he believed he was being chased and his life was under threat.

Reading a letter to the court, Cusick, who will likely be deported at the end of his sentence, offered his “deepest apologies” to Dr Chen.

Well we know one thing, that is definitely not his suit or dress shirt or necktie for that matter. Ever noticed how you can just look at some people and know that they never wear suits and have no way to let them hang on their bodies to look natural? This is one of those guys for sure.
I went to court this morning, appropriately dressed of course (because 20 years in the legal field) and I SWEAR, I was the only one dressed with court in mind. By being properly dressed, properly differential to their authority and most importantly, properly MORTIFIED by my own actions, I got my fines reduced by more than a third and the judge offered to half my payments for my payment plan. Proper attire and attitude works in the long run. Instead of over $1000.00, I'm on the hook for $595.00.

I went to court this morning, appropriately dressed of course (because 20 years in the legal field) and I SWEAR, I was the only one dressed with court in mind. By being properly dressed, properly differential to their authority and most importantly, properly MORTIFIED by my own actions, I got my fines reduced by more than a third and the judge offered to half my payments for my payment plan. Proper attire and attitude works in the long run. Instead of over $1000.00, I'm on the hook for $595.00.
True that.... What did you do though lol
Post automatically merged:

Well we know one thing, that is definitely not his suit or dress shirt or necktie for that matter. Ever noticed how you can just look at some people and know that they never wear suits and have no way to let them hang on their bodies to look natural? This is one of those guys for sure.
I know exactly what you mean, but I disagree, I think this guy actually wears it quite well!
On a related note, 100% would hit that hot mess...

Back