• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A transgender woman who was deported from the U.S. was murdered after returning to her native El Salvador.

After the woman, who went by the name Camila, went missing, Asociación Aspidh Arcoiris Trans, a Salvadoran trans advocacy group, began a search and found she had been admitted to a hospital in San Salvador, the nation’s capital, on Jan. 31. She died on Feb. 3.

It’s unclear what happened during Camila’s attack, but she was found outside the capital and transported to Rosales National Hospital with “multiple injuries,” the Washington Blade reports.

“She migrated to the U.S. because of threats that she had received, but she was deported because they didn’t believe her,” Aislinn Odaly, an independent LGBTI rights advocate, said.

Earlier this month, a trans woman named Lolita was murdered in western El Salvador.

“Although we have begun the year badly, we hope these crimes establish precedents for there to also be a positive legal framework that regulates the situation of trans people, especially the situation of violence and insecurity,” Alfaro added.

No reason given why she was murdered, but there sure is a huge innuendo as to why in the story with nothing to back it up. Before you begin shouting at me, hear me out.

El Salvador has 4,000 murders a year, that's a murder rate of 60 per 100k (the US average is 5 per 100k). Missouri, a state that has the same population size, has about 600 a year, so 4,000 is a fucking lot. A person in El Salvador has more chance of being murdered than a US soldier had being killed during the height the war in Iraq and 3 times higher than Chicago (a very violent city). The women could have easily been murdered for her fucking shoes and not because she didn't like being born with a dick. I'm not saying she wasn't murdered for being trans, but without some proof the bias of the "journalist" is clearly evident and that is what I am pointing out.

Okay, begin shouting.

Last edited:
No reason given why she was murdered, but there sure is a huge innuendo as to why in the story with nothing to back it up. Before you begin shouting at me, hear me out.

El Salvador has 4,000 murders a year, that's a murder rate of 60 per 100k (the US average is 5 per 100k). Missouri, a state that has the same population size, has about 600 a year, so 4,000 is a fucking lot. A person in El Salvador has more chance of being murdered than a US soldier had being killed during the height the war in Iraq and 3 times higher than Chicago (a very violent city). The women could have easily been murdered for her fucking shoes and not because she didn't like being born with a dick. I'm not saying she was murdered for being trans, but without some proof the bias of the "journalist" is clearly evident and that is what I am pointing out.

Okay, begin shouting.
No shouting, I agree with you ..

El Salvador has 4,000 murders a year, that's a murder rate of 60 per 100k (the US average is 5 per 100k). Missouri, a state that has the same population size, has about 600 a year, so 4,000 is a fucking lot. A person in El Salvador has more chance of being murdered than a US soldier had being killed during the height the war in Iraq and 3 times higher than Chicago (a very violent city). The women could have easily been murdered for her fucking shoes and not because she didn't like being born with a dick. I'm not saying she was murdered for being trans, but without some proof the bias of the "journalist" is clearly evident and that is what I am pointing out.

Okay, begin shouting.

Makes sense to me :shrug:

If be interested in why this woman was not allowed to enter the US. Criminal background? Unsavory past? Not employable? Other?

If she had a criminal background she might have been killed due to criminal activity. I'd need a lot more info before concluding she was killed for being trans. Also, we can't afford to become the dumping ground for every trans person in the world who feels unsafe in their own country.

If be interested in why this woman was not allowed to enter the US. Criminal background? Unsavory past? Not employable? Other?

If she had a criminal background she might have been killed due to criminal activity. I'd need a lot more info before concluding she was killed for being trans. Also, we can't afford to become the dumping ground for every trans person in the world who feels unsafe in their own country.
Or she migrated here illegally.

I had actually wanted to do a poll but posted before I could.

I wanted to know if a transgender woman or man states they are persecuted in their home country should they be allowed to stay here?

No ... these people will never suffer persecution or oppression greater than they bestow on themselves single day any place. They will never be free of it, no matter where they are.

@BuffettGirl

Unless the person has already been deported for committing crimes in the USA it would be very difficult to verify any of the valid reasons you stated.

It seems that Transgender Rights Advocates only care that the person identifies as Transgender and states they are persecuted.

What I question is that why would you take the "others" who are persecuting them as well.

In Canada, they took women who were kidnapped and raped by ISIS members as well as the rapists.

Some of these women have seen the men that hurt them and state they are fearful for their safety.

I had actually wanted to do a poll but posted before I could.

I wanted to know if a transgender woman or man states they are persecuted in their home country should they be allowed to stay here?
If they immigrate legally. Surely citizens in the trans community would be willing to sponsor legal immigration for such a person. Start a charity funded by individuals not government with the sole aim of sponsoring, mentoring, training, and guiding a trans "refugee" to full citizenship. Why does it always have to be the taxpayers' burden or the government's responsibility?

Canada is such a shithole. SO glad i dont live in a country that has ZERO regard whatsoever for crime victims. DIsgusting place.

Journalists should prob do a better job before writing any more on this one, as of now it's a total non-story. Person is deported to one of the most dangerous countries in the world and then gets murdered. That's it, all it is at this point. Zero link made as of yet to the individuals gender. These advocacy groups should prob focus on getting to the bottom of things before spewing garbage as well.

An investigating judge in San Salvador ruled today that a criminal case against three police officers charged with aggravated homicide of Camila Díaz Córdova, a transgender woman murdered in January 2019, can proceed to trial. Much to the chagrin of trans activists, the charges of unlawful deprivation of liberty, as well as the classification of the murder as a hate crime based on gender identity under a hate crimes law that went into effect in 2015, will not go forward.

Prosecutors allege that the police officers detained Camila and brutally assaulted her in a pickup truck before throwing her out of the moving vehicle. Camila’s case has become a clarion call for justice and accountability for anti-trans violence in El Salvador, where at least seven transgender women have been murdered in the last five months: Anahy Miranda Rivas, Jade Camila Díaz, Victoria Pineda, D. Rosa Granados, Cristi Conde Vásquez, Briyit Michelle Alas, and Tita. Human Rights Watch has interviewed other Salvadoran trans women who have described horrific physical and sexual violence at the hands of gang members, neighbors, and the police.

Camila’s case also underscores the hazards of hostile United States asylum policies. Camila tried repeatedly to flee the anti-trans violence she faced in El Salvador (and later in Guatemala and Mexico). When she finally reached the US in August 2017, immigration authorities detained her and subsequently deported her in November. Just over a year later, she was killed – one of many Salvadorans deported from the US who have since been murdered.

A successful and effective prosecution for Camila’s murder may help deter further violence against transgender women in El Salvador. In addition, Salvadorans who wish to claim asylum in the US should be given a fair chance to do so and present the case about the persecution they face. This could be a step to ensuring that Camila’s murder is the beginning of the end to violence against other trans women in El Salvador.
1587839469296.png

Last edited:
A judge in San Salvador has found three police officers guilty of the January 2019 killing of Camila Díaz Córdova, a transgender woman, and sentenced each to 20 years in prison, Human Rights Watch said today. The court’s July 28, 2020 judgment is pivotal for the rights of transgender Salvadorans as it is the first homicide conviction for the killing of a transgender person in the country.
“This landmark ruling is much needed in a country where LGBT Salvadorans and their families rarely see justice for violent crimes,” said José Miguel Vivanco, Americas director at Human Rights Watch. “The outcome of Camila’s case sends a powerful message to Salvadoran society that anti-LGBT violence will not be tolerated.”
In the early morning of January 31, 2019, three police officers, responding to a public disorder complaint, picked up Díaz Córdova, 29, and put her into a police vehicle. Prosecutors said that the officers then brutally assaulted her and threw her out of the moving vehicle. Díaz Córdova died from her injuries on February 3 at Rosales National Hospital in San Salvador. The judge held that the evidence, including the vehicle’s GPS tracking, the location where Díaz Córdova was found, and Díaz Córdova’s autopsy report established the officers’ criminal liability.

Back