• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A temporary protective order was in place against the man who opened fire on his estranged wife and her 4-year-old son early Thursday in Temple in an attack that left the boy seriously injured and claimed the lives of his mother and grandmother. Matthew Splittgerber, died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Shelly Splittgerber, 36, sought and received the temporary order Wednesday morning against her estranged husband, Matthew Splittgerber, citing family violence as the grounds for the order and listing stalking and harassing texts as evidence that she and her son were in danger.

Matthew Splittgerber opened fire on her and her 4-year-old son, Corden Fidler, as they left their house early Thursday morning across from Lamar Midle School in Temple.

The boy, who was shot at least four times, once in the head, was taken to McLane Children’s Hospital.

Corden Fidler remained in intensive care Friday at McLane Children’s Hospital in Temple.
“He He has multiple wounds and his head wound is open to allow for swelling. His brain will swell for about 48 more hours and then they will start testing his brain function more,” an update posted on a GoFundMe page said.

He’s scheduled for surgery Saturday to repair his colon and ureter, which were damaged in the shooting, according to a later update Friday.

“He is very swollen from getting a massive amount of fluids and his brain doing what it is supposed to do,” the post said.

The neurosurgeon who operated on the boy on Thursday said “he has no ruptured arteries in his brain,” the post said.

“This is really, really good news.”
https://www.kwtx.com/content/news/503226601.html
1545484334890.png

According to the application Sherry Splittgerber submitted for the order, her husband had threatened her “to get out of his house” on Dec. 3 and she left on Dec. 6 to move to her parents’ home.

On Dec. 14, the application says, Matthew “followed my son’s bus at 6:10 a.m. after we had moved out and I told him I wanted to be left alone and want no contact with him.”

On Dec. 17, the application says, Matthew sent Shelly a text reading “When can me meet?”

On Dec. 18, the application says, Matthew continued to harass Shelly’s ex-husband (Corden’s father) and the boy’s stepmother “with threatening texts”.

“Cord is in immediate danger,” she wrote.

She asked that Matthew be required to “seek help for mental issues.”

My first thought was why attempt to kill the boy but this man wanted to leave a path of pain and destruction for everyone. He was even threatening the ex-husband and his wife.

My first thought was why attempt to kill the boy but this man wanted to leave a path of pain and destruction for everyone. He was even threatening the ex-husband and his wife.

Yeah, the ex husband and current wife being threatened as well. Utterly psychotic behavior, that in a better world would have led to a psychiatric evaluation.

Last edited:
Back