• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A teen and five children were found living in deplorable conditions at a home in Hazleton.

Hazleton Police say one child was found wearing no clothing in the middle of the road on North Poplar Street.

Officers then saw a second small child standing in the doorway of the residence.

Another small child told police his brother was supposed to be watching them but wasn't home.

Authorities entered the home and found human feces on the floors and walls, along with an insect infestation.

The children were taken into protective custody and officials condemned the residence.

Officers were unable to contact mother- hint look for her penis.

This house at 22 North Poplar Street in Hazleton is where five children between the ages of 3 and 13 lived until Wednesday night.

Four boys and a girl lived in a second-floor apartment. Photographs were taken inside by a detective. Filth, trash, human feces, and insects were seen all over the apartment. Children and youth services agents placed the children in protective custody. As Eyewitness News drove up to the house today we saw a woman looking out the front door. She quickly ducked inside.

The I-Team knocked on the door, nobody responded. But a few minutes later. Hazleton police showed up on the scene. They had received a call from a woman inside the house claiming we were harassing her. Officers quickly determined that was simply not the case and left.

"You don't have kids in that environment. Little kids know what I mean?" Said Dave Moise. He owns the building.

He told us he knew it was in bad shape and added “I thought she cleaned it up. I offered to bring in two ladies to help her clean up the place. She told me she would clean it up know what I mean?"

He insists he tried to keep the place clean and safe. He said he is supposed to inspect the apartment once a month but she never left him in. He said she let him in once, it wasn’t bad but was 20 times worse now.

The children are now in protective custody. The investigation is on-going. The City Code Department has condemned the apartment.

Last edited:
I just don't understand how people live like that.. just ok with garbage everywhere. When I was running and gunning I would do people's dishes or on occasion clean the bathroom. I actually got to stay when everyone else was kicked out... only cause I helped out in keeping the place clean. People will love you forever for offering and actually doing their dishes. Never had a person decline the offer. Strange look and a long pause... well if you want to. Say they wouldn't stop me and laugh.

Back