• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Imagine your own tale for this tale of a steelhead with a wedding ring strapped to its tail.

Jim Nelligan and friends were fishing Lake Michigan Friday when they boated a steelhead and, mystery of mysteries, a wedding ring was strapped around the narrow part of the fish by the tail.

“So, we caught this steelhead today,” Nelligan emailed. “Someone attached their wedding ring to this fish and we caught it. Wonder if it was a divorce or death, but a crazy story!’’

Screen_Shot_2019_06_24_at_11.23.06_AM.png

Full Story:

The followup:
Love lost, a wedding ring released and a steelhead recaught miles away on the other side of Lake Michigan, sheez, there are so many pieces to the tale of the steelhead with the ring on its tail.
steelheadringrelease05_04_19.0.jpg
Capt. Jason Rose about to release a steelhead with his wedding ring on it on May 4 in Michigan; it was recaught June 21 off the north suburbs of Chicago.​

“I really just didn’t want to cause any issues with my ex, she seems to find the story somewhat amusing and none of us can believe someone caught it!’’ Capt. Jason Rose messaged.

As a cathartic move, Rose tied his wedding band to a steelhead on May 4 and released it near the port of Whitehall, Michigan.

Of all improbabilities, the steelhead was recaught Friday, June 21, on Jim Nelligan’s “Grey Lion II” by the R4, a famous buoy east of Chicago’s north suburbs. They were fishing for lake trout with four colors of leadcore line with a Blue Dolphin spoon in 105 feet of water. Joe Penar caught the fish with John Massard netting it. Bob Nichols filled out the boat.

Link

--Al

I don't know why you wouldn't take it to the pawn shop or just throw it in the lake. Why involve an innocent fish in it. Of course, it was irresponsible.

Just think of the trouble this poor fish had dating! None of the girl fish would believe he was not married!
The entire fish community felt like he was a cheating asshole! His friends stopped talking to him, because he "got married" and did not tell them. Not to mention, he made them all feel bad because, they were not good enough for him to introduce to his wife!

Back