• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A young boy has been airlifted to hospital after he was attacked by four dingoes on a family camping trip.

The six-year-old boy was returning to his family's campsite on Queensland's Fraser Island on Saturday when he was bitten on the leg.

Emergency services were called to the scene at around 6pm.

'The family had finished swimming when the young boy said he wanted to race up a sand dune,' RACQ LifeFlight Rescue aircrewman Dan Leggat said.

'Unfortunately, when he got to the top, there was a pack of four dingoes.

Paramedics treated and stabilised the boy to be transported by the Bundaberg-based RACQ LifeFlight Rescue helicopter.

Queensland Ambulance said the patient was conscious and alert before he was flown to Hervey Bay Hospital in a stable condition.

Dingoes are a protected species on Fraser Island.

'Wildlife authorities recognise that Fraser Island dingoes may become the purest strain of dingo on the eastern Australian seaboard and perhaps Australia-wide,' the Queensland Department of Environment and Science website states.

Saturday night's incident was the seventh dingo attack at the popular tourist spot in the last 20 years.

One attack resulted in the death of nine-year-old Clinton Gage in 2001. His death sparked the culling of 31 dingoes and caused an outcry among residents.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...tacked-dingoes-Queenslands-Fraser-Island.html
1547956198374.png
1547956211925.png
1547956258576.png
1547956298600.png

I stopped there briefly while travelling up the coast, and the dingoes I saw were eating a coconut that had washed up on shore and had been cracked open. This was a long time ago, but even back then I wondered if they were overpopulated to the point where they're scavenging vegetation, Hope the little dude does okay,

I stopped there briefly while travelling up the coast, and the dingoes I saw were eating a coconut that had washed up on shore and had been cracked open. This was a long time ago, but even back then I wondered if they were overpopulated to the point where they're scavenging vegetation, Hope the little dude does okay,
I'm not at all familiar with dingos.
But coyotes will eat fruit and veggies when they can't find anything else.
Post automatically merged:

At least the Dingo didn't eat the baby.
I can never hear "dingo" without thinking of the Chamberlain baby.

Last edited:
I'm not at all familiar with dingos.
But coyotes will eat fruit and veggies when they can't find anything else.
Post automatically merged:

I can never hear "dingo" without thinking of the Chamberlain baby.

First thing that comes to my mind too .. :hug:

So is that the only lake in Austrialia that doesn't harbor at least a dozen 20' crocs? Families have to take their chances with either crocs or fucking dingoes? :nailbiting:

Back