• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Should the Lyft driver faces charges?

• yes

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • no

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A 34-year-old registered sex offender in Nebraska is accused of sexually assaulting a 13-year-old girl after he paid for the girl's Lyft nearly 200-mile ride to his house, according to authorities.

Nicholas Avery met the Kansas girl through social media and lured her to his home, paying for her ride across state lines, investigators said.

Authorities said the driver picked the girl up in Shawnee County, Kansas and drove her to Avery's home in Bellevue, Nebraska.

Once she arrived, she was sexually assaulted multiple times, according to authorities.

"It is shocking for a young child, a 13-year-old to get into a stranger's vehicle in the middle of the night and transported for hours to another state," said Lt. Andy Jashinske, with Bellevue police.

The Shawnee County Sheriff's Office officials said they are investigating whether or not the driver should face charges.

“These allegations are deeply disturbing and our hearts go out to the victim and her family," said Lauren Alexander, a Lyft spokesperson, in a statement. "Safety is fundamental to Lyft, and as soon as we learned about what happened, we disabled the passenger account used to request the ride.

"Unaccompanied minors are not permitted on the platform and we have reached out to the driver to reiterate this policy. We have also been in touch with law enforcement and stand ready to assist with their investigation," Alexander added.

These ride companies are such scum bags, they reached out to the driver for what, they’re the ones running the platform not the driver. I understand it was late at night but minors are transported daily to school cinema and everywhere else
Driver doesn’t know who placed the call, Lyft is in charge of that part, they’re responsible for sending the driver

Unaccompanied minors are not permitted on the platform and we have reached out to the driver to reiterate this policy. We have also been in touch with law enforcement and stand ready to assist with their investigation," Alexander added.

He should at least be fired. No unaccompanied minors means NO UNACCOMPANIED MINORS! It's not rocket science
But that’s not how they run their business
They allow unaccompanied minors by the thousands every day, the driver has no idea who booked the ride, Lyft is the one that knows, the driver just gets a pickup address and name he doesn’t even know where he’s going till after the pickup, only the rider and Lyft have all the information

But that’s not how they run their business
They allow unaccompanied minors by the thousands every day, the driver has no idea who booked the ride, Lyft is the one that knows, the driver just gets a pickup address and name he doesn’t even know where he’s going till after the pickup, only the rider and Lyft have all the information
The company policy is
"Unaccompanied minors are not permitted on the platform and we have reached out to the driver to reiterate this policy"

THAT'S POLICY!

Disregard your company's policy and something like this happen and watch your ass be out of a job

Ok, than they need to stop driver from taking and picking up kids from school daily and from movie theaters, and downtown, their policy is to protect themselves, but not how they practice business

Charge the driver as an accessory after the fact.

I have to admit it still blows my mind every time I hear these stories of these stupid kids getting into vehicles in the middle of the night to go and meet somebody that they met on the internet. It is going to end in rape. Even if they are willing little participants, the law still sees it as rape and let's face it it is!

This pervert needs to be castrated with a chainsaw. Maybe that will slow him down in the future. As for the kid and the kids family what can be said that won't be yelled into the ground. Don't do dumb s***. Don't let your kids do dumb s***. Keep an eye on your kids. F*** I give up

These ride companies are such scum bags, they reached out to the driver for what, they’re the ones running the platform not the driver. I understand it was late at night but minors are transported daily to school cinema and everywhere else
Driver doesn’t know who placed the call, Lyft is in charge of that part, they’re responsible for sending the driver
Right! And I know once my niece was around 13 and her parents were crack heads and were fighting, she got scared and called me, she had left the house and was wandering in the dark. I had no car because my husband was at work, so I called a ride service and the driver went above and beyond searching down dark streets looking for her after I explained the situation found her and brought her safely to my house. Bottom line sometimes it is absolutely necessary for a minor to need a ride to safety! I am grateful to that driver to this very day

I'm assuming he could have set up the ride, maybe claiming his daughter was coming home from a visitation with mom. How would the company verify that? For Lyft to perform due diligence, you'd have to set up that ride a week in advance. While this has revealed a vulnerability in the ride systems, the RSO is the only responsible party here.

200 miles though? Yah no, they knew they were doing some shady shit.
Again the rider contacts Lyft, Lyft sends the driver a name and address, the driver doesn’t even know where the drop off address is until after he starts the ride, Lyft on the other hand has all the information before they send the driver
Lyft is responsible, they are taking no responsibility and trying to blame the driver

I have a buddy that Lyfts.
1- LOTS of horny men call Lyfts for their one night stands. LOTS.
2- Unless they are required to ID each and every rider, there is no way to tell. There are 24 year olds that look 16 and 12 year olds that look 20.
3- They have 'family accounts' where i can have designated riders that i can pay for their rides. I use it for my mom and sister but hypothetically i could sign my teen up to use it as well
4- 200 MILES???? That's one desperate horny perv!

Mar 30, 2020
A convicted sex offender from Bellevue was sentenced to 40 to 60 years in prison after pleading no contest to first-degree sexual assault of a minor.

Nicholas Avery, 35, was sentenced by Sarpy County District Judge Nathan Cox. In exchange for his plea, prosecutors dismissed two other counts of first-degree sexual assault of a child and one charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Avery must serve at least 15 years of the sentence. Deputy Sarpy County Attorney Ben Perlman said he expected Avery to serve at least 27½ years before he will be eligible for parole.

Cox ordered Avery to undergo a psychosexual evaluation as part of a presentence investigation.

Prosecutors said in June, Avery enticed a 13-year-old girl from another state to visit his Bellevue home, where he raped her. Police said Avery was talking with the girl on one social media website, then continued to communicate by other means.

Avery ordered a driver from a service to pick her up and drive her to Bellevue, police said. She arrived June 5. The girl's parents reported her missing the same day.

Bellevue authorities were alerted by law enforcement officials from the girl's home state that they suspected she was at Avery's Bellevue home. Police said the girl had sent a message to a friend saying she had been abducted.

In a 2017 case, Avery was convicted of child enticement by electronic communication device and was sentenced to three years of probation. He was placed on Nebraska's sex offender registry for 25 years.

Last edited:
Back