• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Not too long ago I watched Ex Machina, which was really good, and this movie was in the previews. So added it to my list and watched it last night. I was very very impressed. The cast included Oscar Isaac (who I'm really starting to like as an actor), Jessica Chastain, Albert Brooks, and David Oyelowo.

Storyline:
A crime drama set in New York City during the winter of 1981, statistically one of the most violent years in the city's history, and centered on the lives of an immigrant and his family trying to expand their business and capitalize on opportunities as the rampant violence, decay, and corruption of the day drag them in and threaten to destroy all they have built.

I highly recommend checking this one out!

8.5/10

Ahhh I have a gruesome list of horror flicks let's start with Hush & You're Next oh and The Perfect Host.

I am now going to have to check them out. Thanks.
On another note... I watched 2 episodes of Ash vs Evil Dead and much to my surprise I was amused the entire time. I have to recant my dislike for Army of Darkness and give it another chance. Apparently things amuse me more than they used to.

@Fellofftheporch - definitly give them another try :)

Direct quote from my kid when he was like 5 n a half after me telling him to put his arm in the car window...
"It's ok mommy, if my arm gets chopped off I will just get a chainsaw"
Me after a slight pause... "Did Daddy watch Evil Dead with you?"

All the horror I've watched over the years the one I keep coming back to is Creepshow.

True story - the creature in 'The Crate' was affectionately named 'Fluffy' by creator Tom Savini.

Def a solid movie. One of those very understated, down to earth dramas though, not a lot of huge things occur. Important to track that goin in.

Back