• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Hesperia woman was arrested for child abuse after her friend reported the assaults of her 7 and 9-year-old daughters.

On Saturday, April 6, 2019 dispatchers received a call reporting an assault. When the deputy arrived he learned that Yecenia Hernandez, 37, of Hesperia, who refuses to take medication for her schizophrenia was yelling at her 7-year-old daughter. She then grabbed a pair of jeans, swinging them toward her to strike her. She then slapped her 9-year-old daughter’s legs. The 7-year-old had redness to her harm as a result of being hit.

Hernandez was booked into the High Desert Detention Center for Child Abuse and later released.

I'm sorry for this family, truly I am, but this kind of stuff happened to me, my siblings, and almost every kid I knew growing up in the 50s and 60s. Most mothers watched soap operas to mellow themselves out. Where did our society go so wrong?

To be honest, her refusing to take her meds is more a concern than the abuse, it just seems very minor. However I could see it escalating as her mania progresses and continues to be unmedicated. I would definitely not leave children in her care. Where are these girls FATHER? I mean clearly he isn't with her, probably got tired of her crazy ass, but why leave your kids with this chick? She clearly doesn't care if they suffer bc she likes living in her chaos.

Living with untreated schizophrenic is like being under siege. The physical abuse she was caught doing is minor stuff, but I bet those kids live in insecurity, imbalance and nervous fear when mom is in a bad state, and in her more normal phase, she's just everyday crappy mom.

Last edited:
I am not sure if the mom will benefit from being in jail.

With long term case management, ongoing mental health services and medication compliance the family unit could be reunified.
Mom would not benefit from going to jail. The real problem with the family re-unification (actually re-unification with a single schizo mother on court ordered meds) is that there may be no other family for the children to fall back on. She will stop meds again, and the vicious cycle continues.
The other thing the court should be able to order is tubal ligation.

Back