• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A 22-year-old Barnhill animal is facing felony charges for leaving her toddler in the care of a man who injured him so severely that it nearly killed him.

22-year-old Shania Woods is charged with complicity, child endangerment and obstruction for the 2-year-old's hospitalization last November with life-threatening injuries. Tuscarawas County Assistant Prosecutor Amanda Miller says Woods had left the child in the care of her live-in boyfriend Joseph Sanders, who assaulted him so brutally that it took him to the brink of death.

"The child victim is alive, and he is recovering," she says. "He is quite the miracle."

Sanders was arrested in December and charged with felonious assault and endangering children. He pled guilty in March, and Common Pleas Court Judge Elizabeth Thomakos sentenced him to seven years in prison. Miller says with that case now out of the way, the prosecutor’s office is setting its sights on Woods, accusing her of failing to protect the child and aiding and abetting Sanders.

Miller says they’re seeking the maximum possible prison sentence for each of the charges.

@Satanica @Pretty @GenericUser123
"He defied the odds time and time again and despite a really grim prognosis, he’s continued to persevere and improve every day but there’s no doubt he will suffer the effects of the harm the rest of his life," he says.

The Monster accused of causing life-threatening injuries to a toddler will be spending the next five to seven years in prison.

Joseph Sanders, 22, entered a plea of no contest to one count of felonious assault and two counts of endangering children. Tuscarawas County Common Pleas Court Judge Elizabeth Thomakos sentenced him to seven years in prison followed by three years of parole, describing his crime as “reprehensible.”

Sanders was arrested on December 11th in connection with the more than two-month hospitalization of a two-year-old in his care. Assistant Prosecutor Amanda Miller said the child was injured so badly that he had no detectable brain activity when he was life-flighted to Akron Children’s from Cleveland Clinic Union Hosptial.

"It was very quickly determined that he was not showing any meaningful brain function at that time, and so when it was arranged for him to be flown to Akron Children’s, it was also discussed that Akron Children’s would be putting their transplant/harvest team protocols into place," she said.

Miller said it was only by grace and through the incredible skill of the pediatric surgeons at Akron Children’s that the child was able to survive.

Tuscarawas County Job and Family Services Director David Haverfield joined Miller in asking the judge to impose the maximum possible sentence of eight years in prison. He said that even though the child has been steadily healing from the physical injuries, the trauma inflicted on him will last a lifetime.

Defense Attorney Gerald Latanich asked the judge to impose a seven-year sentence due to Sanders having no previous felony convictions and being at low risk for recidivism.

Judge Thomakos ultimately granted the request, but not before issuing a strong rebuke against Sanders for remaining silent when given an opportunity to answer for his actions.

I will never, ever understand how attorneys that defend these sewer dwellers sleep at night. Probably in a bed of money, but there is no amount of money on earth that would keep me from luring this asshole into a Burmese tiger trap filled with actual tigers under the guise of being his defense attorney.

This sentence is absolutely appalling. They should get sentenced what the child is sentenced to. An entire life of hardship in the form of prison in gen pop.

Feb 6, 2020
A 23-year-old Barnhill woman is facing a possible sentence of eight to 12 years in prison for leaving her 2-year-old son with a boyfriend who hurt him so badly he nearly died.

Shania A. Woods was found guilty of child endangering, complicity to child endangering and obstruction of justice.

Tuscarawas County Common Pleas Judge Elizabeth Lehigh Thomakos revoked Woods’ personal recognizance bond and sent her to jail to await sentencing.

A female deputy sheriff took a sobbing Woods from the courtroom.

Evidence against Woods included text messages exchanged with Sanders about the boy’s injuries.

In one message, Sanders said he prepared the boy for a relative’s visit by using makeup to hide his bruises.

In another, Woods told Sanders her family would not criticize him for the boy’s bruises because she told her mother he fell.

The child suffered bruising from head to toe, including on his genitals and a detached retina.

The child is reportedly recovering well.

Last edited:
An Article From May 27, 2020

She still has to complete three years of probation.

Sadly the boy is with the bio-pod's parents who are standing by her. So she will continue to have access to the boy.

Shania A. Woods, 23, will serve four years in prison for knowingly leaving her nearly 2-year-old son with a boyfriend who hurt him so badly he nearly died.

Woods was found guilty of knowing her live-in boyfriend Joseph M. Sanders was abusing her son between Nov. 1 and Nov. 21, 2018. She was convicted of lying to law enforcement to protect Sanders and herself.

Sanders is serving a seven-year prison sentence for felonious assault and two counts of child endangering.
Woods wrote about her remorse in a letter read in court.

“Every day that goes by, I regret letting a monster in my bed, and most important, regret trusting a monster with my baby,” she wrote. She described her love for her son and efforts to right the wrong.

The boy’s injuries included a detached retina, burns and bruising from head to toe, including on his genitals. Doctors who examined and treated him in Akron thought he would die.
Speaking by video link from the Tuscarawas County jail, Woods sobbed while apologizing.

“I am sorry I failed him. I want to do whatever it takes to become a better mommy and a human,” she said. She called her son “a miracle from God” and thanked her parents for taking care of him.
“She’s really been remorseful,” her grandfather Robert Walker, Sr. told the court at the sentencing hearing. “She was scared and nervous and young and made a mistake.” He said Woods had obtained her certificate of General Educational Development, the equivalent of a high school diploma.
Defense attorney Dan Guinn said his client was very remorseful about what happened. He said Woods left the boy in Sanders’ care because she worked, while he did not

Judge Thomakos noted that Woods knew Sanders less than three months when she allowed him to move into her home.
“You certainly were aware of what was going on and you were aware that someone was being overly rough, biting, hitting, concussing a 23-month-old,” Thomakos said.

Woods will serve three years’ parole after her release from prison. The judge gave credit against her prison sentence for 113 days spent in jail.

I really worry for this baby. I hope the family while publicly supporting her holds her accountable and does not allow her unfettered access to the child in private.

This child has a lifelong sentence and this man will be out in probably five years old looking to date another woman with a young child to abuse.

If mom even gets sent to prison it will not equal the sentence her child was given.
@Satanica @Pretty @GenericUser123

View attachment 19119
Sterilize him. Period. He has clearly demonstrated his inability to show the most minimal regard for human life. Therefore he should lose his right to reproduce.

An Article From May 27, 2020

She still has to complete three years of probation.

Sadly the boy is with the bio-pod's parents who are standing by her. So she will continue to have access to the boy.

I really worry for this baby. I hope the family while publicly supporting her holds her accountable and does not allow her unfettered access to the child in private.
Nah granpda. A mistake is forgetting to pack a lunch, or forgetting a jacket when it rains. Not allowing someone to abuse your kid almost to death. These people are so fucking stupid it makes my head hurt.

Back