• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Norwich man who was paid to care for a 3-year-old instead abused the child, police said Wednesday.

Edward T. Quinones Jr., 27, was arrested and charged with cruelty to persons, second-degree assault and risk of injury to a minor, they said.

Police said they became aware of the boy’s injuries in the fall, after his mother took him to the Pequot Health Center in Groton. The boy had multiple bruises and other injuries that police said were at varying stages of healing. He was transferred to Yale New Haven Hospital, where a child abuse detection team began working on the case.

The state Department of Children and Families also was involved, and the two agencies worked with Norwich Det. Ryan Kelsey on what police said was a “lengthy and extensive investigation.”

The investigators learned that the mother paid both Quinones and his girlfriend to take care of the boy from the evening of Friday, Sept. 14 to the evening of Sunday, Sept. 16, police said.

“During this weekend time period, the victim sustained serious injuries to his head, face, arms, torso, genitals and legs,” Sgt. Peter Camp said.

It wasn’t clear Wednesday afternoon if more arrests are expected.

The investigators learned that the mother paid both Quinones and his girlfriend to take care of the boy from the evening of Friday, Sept. 14 to the evening of Sunday, Sept. 16, police said.

“During this weekend time period, the victim sustained serious injuries to his head, face, arms, torso, genitals and legs,” Sgt. Peter Camp said.

It wasn’t clear Wednesday afternoon if more arrests are expected.
I hope they arrest his cock holder too.

Jesus wept.
All of the abuse described is horrific, but serious injuries to his genitals too - how in the hell does this kind of rancid fuckery even enter peoples minds?
God damn, I'd Bobbit his fugly micro-package myself if I were allowed to meet his scraggly ass in a dark alley, then make him eat his own peen meat.

I don't often understand how criminal charges work... seems people are charged with like 2 or 3 counts of something when there has been hundreds of incidents, or charged with different levels of manslaughter for the same crime... so I don't really understand it.

Having said that, how the hell is that RISK of injury to a minor.... risk my ass, pretty sure that is ACTUAL injury to the poor minor!

During an emotionally battering court proceeding on Thursday, a Taftville man was sentenced to nearly a decade in prison for his role in a child injury case that left a New London toddler so severely bruised it seemed to shake the presiding judge.
As 31-year-old Edward Quinones Jr. sat inside Norwich Superior Court, his hands shaking as he waited to be sentenced, Judge Angelica Papastavros said the photos of the 3-year-old child the defendant was accused of assaulting – or at least not seeking care for – were among the worst she’d seen.
“I’ve been in this business a long time and I’ve seen horrific crime scene photos of autopsies and pictures of injuries both as a judge and a criminal defense attorney,” she said. “I have to say, these are some of the worst injuries I’ve ever seen. These are not the pictures of a child being left in the care of an adult. These injuries could only have been inflicted by a monster.”
Papastavros sentenced Quinones to nine years in prison followed by three years of probation on the charges of risk of injury to a child and cruelty to persons he previously pleaded guilty to under the Alford Doctrine.
Quinones’ father spoke on behalf of his son and said, at most, the defendant was perhaps guilty of not informing authorities about the boy’s injuries in a timely manner.
Quinones, flanked by his lawyer, William Gerace – who requested a “moderate period of incarceration” for his client - told the court he was not responsible for the child’s injuries and said he was “told to plead guilty” to the charges.

“I’m not a physical person and all the bruises were present (before),” he said through tears. “I did not touch that child. He did not leave my house in that condition.”
At one point, Quinones said he recalled his dog scratching the victim on the day of the incident, a statement that prompted an incredulous Papastavros to order him to look at a photo of the boy’s injuries.
“Do these look like they were inflicted by a dog?” she asked.

As Papastavros read out her sentence, Quinones looked pleadingly up to his lawyer before placing his head in his hands.

“You were entrusted by the family,” the judge said, raising her voice. “This was a breach of trust.”

Back