• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A 'goofy' rescue dog who looks like he is constantly pulling a silly face because his tongue is always hanging out of his mouth is melting hearts online.

Stephanie Tran, 28, from Peoria, Arizona, adopted adorable eight-year-old Bernese mountain dog Elmer earlier this year.

She fell in love with the special needs dog due to his unusual looks and longing to be loved when she met him in January.

Elmer's five-inch tongue flops from his mouth due to four of his teeth being removed, and prior to being rescued was found wandering the streets.

The cute canine is also deaf, meaning owner Stephanie has to communicate differently with Elmer.

Stephanie said: 'He is deaf and has no teeth, he was found as a stray wandering around the city.

'I needed to have a goofy-looking dog, I felt bad for him and knew I needed to help this dog out.

'When people see him they often laugh at first, because of his tongue but then they think he is the friendliest goofball ever.

'The first thing anyone says is that, 'he must be thirsty' because his tongue is hanging out.

'I normally laugh and use it to explain the reason his tongue is like that because he has very few teeth.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...escue-dog-internet-star-five-inch-tongue.html
1545157340779.png

Awww! I think this is a thing that happens to dogs with no teeth. My SIL's ancient wiener dog had to have extractions, which caused his tongue to flop out like that. He was so cute and that big tongue made him even more adorable, though holding him was much more pleasant with jeans on.

He's gorgeous, they are the sweetest, most even tempered dogs ever.

He looks so like my Aussie, Sarge.

Sometimes when Nick gets tearing around and really excited his tongue flops out his mouth and he looks like Wakko

1545172815509.png

But I make him fix it ... It true ... I tell him to sit, and to compose himself and then i wait until he swallows ... its like a reset. And then he looks normal again. Like he doesn't get in trouble or anything ... but he looks deranged ... and I'm not walking with him when he looks like that.

Back