• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1571096957048.png

Police say 9 shootings since April 10, 2019 are tied to a dispute between 2 gangs. Now 7 men have been indicted on an array of charges connected to the gun violence. Savannah’s Police Department released the following statement:

Today the Savannah Police Department released details on multiple indictments involving two local, violent gangs that are responsible for at least nine shootings in a five-month span.

The Violent Crimes Unit has linked the shootings, which occurred between April and September 2019, to seven members of the OTM (Only the Mob) and 1100 gangs. The incidents resulted in several individuals being shot as well as occupied vehicles and homes. None of the shootings were fatal.

The indictments resulted in more than 100 counts and charges including aggravated assault, possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony and violation of the Gang Terrorism and Prevention Act.

“I want to make sure that individuals who are involved in criminal gang activity in our community know that we’re not done focusing on or arresting and prosecuting individuals for these types of cases,” Chief Roy Minter said at a press conference. “Individuals do not have to be involved in violent street gang activity. There are many resources in our community for those who want to get out of this type of activity.”

The extensive investigation was a collaborative effort between SPD and the Chatham County District Attorney’s Office. Detectives also commended the community for assisting in the investigations by reaching out to detectives with tips on the activities of both groups.

Last edited by a moderator:
What gets me is the police saying there’s plenty of resources available to not be involved in gang life......witness protection programme is the only way because the voluntary organisations he’s hinting at have limited resources and cannot watch these people’s backs 24/7, meaning they will always be targets unless they’re in the witness protection programme.
Gangs don’t just say ok you can go when you ask to leave.
You are in a gang for life, unless you take that person away from that gang and give them a new identity and a new start. (Yes I know it’s a rose tinted view of things, but I’m not sure of any other way you can stop this gang related crap....:.)

Back