• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Bozeman man could face up to 20 years in prison after being charged with negligent homicide after his 6-month-old son was found limp in his crib.

Vincent Garbe's was given a $50,000 bail.

Garbe was ordered to have no contact with the child’s mother, children under the age of 18, have no weapons and consume no alcohol.

According to court documents, Bozeman police officers responded to a home for a report of a limp unconscious child on Thursday.

Emergency personnel immediately started CPR on the infant.

Detectives say Garbe was sitting on the floor next to the child and told police he was the boy’s father.

Detectives spoke with Garbe and learned from him that he was forbidden from being in contact with the child by Child Protective Services after an incident five months ago.

During that incident, Garbe consumed alcohol and fell with or upon the child, fracturing his neck.

Garbe was charged with negligent endangerment for that incident.

Garbe told investigators that when he did not hear the child “all morning,” he went to check on the child to discover him face down and limp.

Garbe later told investigators that he smoked marijuana to help him sleep and that “it’s possible” that he may have had an altered mental state a few hours earlier.

"Garbe later told investigators that he smoked marijuana to help him sleep and that “it’s possible” that he may have had an altered mental state a few hours earlier."

Oh, puleeze! Pathetic attempt to cast doubt on your conscious murder of the baby, you asshole. You do need an "altered mental state" which can be accomplished with a sledge hammer to your head!

Why is the mom or who ever allowed him around the child not in jail too?

He fractured the baby's neck when the boy was just one month old and was forbidden to be around him and someone thought hey he would make a great babysitter.
Its just heart breaking. I fully agree that whoever left him with the child or allowed him near the child should also be charged. He had obviously been there for quite some time. He will probably only get 15 years and be our in 9 for good behavior and no one else will get charged. Seems like we don't like to give baby killers what they deserve.....

"Garbe later told investigators that he smoked marijuana to help him sleep and that “it’s possible” that he may have had an altered mental state a few hours earlier."

Oh, puleeze! Pathetic attempt to cast doubt on your conscious murder of the baby, you asshole. You do need an "altered mental state" which can be accomplished with a sledge hammer to your head!
I've been smoking pot since it was called pot and it's never "altered my mental state" to the point I can't remember important things such as "What happened to your baby?" Maybe "Where did I put my keys?". The person responsible for letting this man around that child again needs to serve life with him.

A Bozeman man who was initially charged with negligent homicide in the August death of his 7-month-old son has pleaded guilty to a lesser charge.

Vincent Leroy Garbe pleaded guilty to felony assault on a minor for an earlier incident. The baby's cause of death was undetermined.

Garbe pleaded guilty to falling while holding his son in January, causing the baby to suffer a fractured neck. Because of that fall, the Division of Child and Family Services had prohibited Garbe from being with the baby unsupervised. He was home with the baby while his girlfriend was at work when the baby died, court records said.

Under the plea agreement, Gallatin County prosecutors are recommending Garbe be committed to the Montana Department of Corrections for 10 years, with five years suspended. The department would determine his placement, which could range from probation to prison. Garbe's attorney can recommend a lesser sentence.

Last edited:
Vincent Leroy Garbe was given a 10-year commitment to the Department of Corrections, with six years suspended, for felony assault on a minor who later died.

Garbe must also complete 40 hours of counseling. Upon his release, Garbe is required to register as a violent offender.

Garbe was initially charged with felony negligent homicide for an incident in August that lead to the boy’s death.

Garbe pleaded guilty to the assault charge in May. As part of a plea deal, prosecutors dropped the homicide charge.

In January 2019, Breeana Pritchard, the boy’s mother and Garbe’s girlfriend at the time, reported Garbe was holding the boy when he fell on top of him, according to charging documents. An examination showed the baby’s neck was fractured.

In August, Garbe reported the boy was unconscious and lying face down in a crib, according to charging
documents. Garbe later admitted to police that after his girlfriend left for work that day he smoked marijuana inside the garage before returning to the child in the bedroom.

Gallatin County Attorney Marty Lambert said Pritchard testified in court that she doesn’t hate Garbe for what happened.

“She wishes him well but thinks he has to be held accountable,” Lambert said.
1617913390381.png

Back