• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Randolph County woman is in custody on a child neglect charge.

The Randolph County Sheriff's Department responded to a call on May 17 regarding an approximately 4-year-old boy being found on the back porch of a Poplar Drive home in Beverly, according to the complaint. According to the caller, the child was dirty and not wearing shoes, and he stated that he didn't have a mommy or daddy and didn't know where he lived, according to the complaint. The sheriff's department also stated that the child crossed a roadway from his home to where he was found.

As the deputy was arriving to the caller's home, he received a call that the child's mother, Erica Sharp, 40, of Beverly, had arrived and taken the child, stating, "now they are going to come and take my kids again," according to the complaint. The caller also stated that Sharp yelled at her for calling law enforcement.

Child Protective Services was called, and the deputy and a worker from CPS arrived at Sharp's home, according to the complaint. No one would answer the door when the deputy arrived on scene, according to the sheriff's department. After the CPS worker arrived, she informed the deputy of at least 15 previous incidents where Sharp's child had been found without his parents, according to the complaint.

In one incident on April 30, the sheriff's department said a deputy went to Dollar General in Mill Creek. While speaking to the caller while en route, the deputy learned that someone had contacted Sharp, and she was on scene at that time. The caller told the deputy that she watched the child walk around the parking lot for approximately 15 minutes, and there were cars entering and exiting the parking lot during that time, according to a criminal complaint.

During the April 30 incident, the sheriff's department said the caller approached the boy and offered to let him look at toys in the store to get him out of the parking lot. The woman asked the boy about his parents and for his name, but the boy could not give her any information. The woman also stated that the boy was dirty and not wearing shoes, according to a criminal complaint. The deputy stated that when he saw the boy, he was covered in dirt, and the boy's mother was putting shoes on his feet.

On October 26, 2018, the sheriff's department said the same child was found at another home. The caller stated at that time that she found the child outside by himself, with no clothes on, and she took the child into her house, according to a criminal complaint.

I'll take him. He can fit right in with our dogs (stray). At least we're clean and eat well. I bet he doesn't even know what fun or soap are. I don't get how people can just let their little ones wander about. If they don't want them, give them up so good people can care for them and love them. You have to be pretty bad off and sad to say you don't have a mommy or daddy.

4 years old and 15 prior incidents?!?! That's literally asinine - does she have to murder him for him to get removed from this worthless holes custody?????
Jesus, i feel like shit when it sprinkles and my dogs are out for a little bit before i realize it's sprinkling! I can't imagine letting my CHILD get filthy, no shoes and running the neighborhood!

The child probably does not have a father or has had multiple men play the daddy role while dating the egg.

I doubt the child will be returned to her now that it has become known how many times the child has been endangered.

Back