• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
The professional boxer accused of pistol-whipping and shooting of his ex-girlfriend in Haledon in 2018 was convicted Monday of attempted murder and other charges.

Michael Mitchell, 41, of Paterson bowed his head and crossed his hands as the jury foreman pronounced him guilty of shooting Tishell Jackson on the night of Jan. 3, 2018, as the two argued inside her parked car on Belmont Avenue. In addition, the jury convicted Mitchell of aggravated assault, criminal restraint and three weapons offenses.

Another weapons possession charge was later dismissed by the prosecution.

When Mitchell was found guilty of attempted murder, a woman in the audience shouted, "Thank you, Jesus," and started to cry. The woman did not want to talk after the verdict.

Mitchell, a small-time professional prizefighter who trained at a Paterson gym, shot Jackson five times at close range. The prosecution described him as a jealous ex-boyfriend who couldn’t let go of the relationship after the couple broke up in fall 2017.

Jackson survived the shooting and testified against him at the five-day trial before Superior Court Judge Marilyn C. Clark. The prosecution also presented Mitchell’s statement to police after his arrest, in which he admitted shooting Jackson, and text messages he sent after the incident in which he said he was going to turn himself in.

Mitchell took the witness stand to recant his statement, telling the jury he was high on painkillers at the time and didn’t know what he was saying. He acknowledged being with Jackson that night, but said he left the car before she was shot and that someone else — he didn’t know who — must have done it.

I am just a poor boy
Though my story's seldom told
I have squandered my existence
On a pocket full of mumbles
Such are promises
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest

I am just a poor boy
Though my story's seldom told
I have squandered my existence
On a pocket full of mumbles
Such are promises
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
Just 'Sounds of Silence's from me, I don't know what the hell you mean, 'Rosie, Queen of Corona' .

May 31, 2019
Michael Mitchell shot his ex-girlfriend five times and pistol-whipped her in a fit of rage, but miraculously she survived.

A Superior Court judge sentenced the Paterson boxer as if she did not.

“A life sentence is totally warranted and justified in this matter,” Judge Marilyn C. Clark said before sentencing him on attempted murder charges.

The ruling was welcomed by cheers and applause from the family of Tishell Jackson, the victim, who sat beside them. They had asked for the maximum sentence, and the judge obliged.

“Even when you shot me, I told you I still loved you,” Jackson told Mitchell prior to his sentence. “Now I get to live my life free of you.”

Eleven officers surrounded Mitchell, 41, as he flashed a quick smile before leaving the Paterson courtroom, bound for state prison.

Mitchell’s criminal record included 10 prior felony convictions, for aggravated assault, sexual assault and distributing drugs.

He will be eligible for parole after 63 years, when he is 104.
1588358933129.png

Last edited:
No sympathy for the victim givien his criminal history. Idiot chose to swim with a shark, got bit, meh.

Back