• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A 3-year-old girl is fighting for her life after she was allegedly beaten by her mother's boyfriend in Northumberland County.

Shamokin District Judge John Gembic tells Newswatch 16 the little girl now has just a 10% chance of survival. Her injuries were so severe that part of her brain had to be removed.

Jahrid Burgess, 19, is charged with aggravated assault and endangering the welfare of a child, among other charges. If the child does not survive, Burgess will be charged with homicide.

Burgess has been charged with aggravated assault for beating the girl and her 23-year-old mother several times between July and October. The badly bruised child is in the hospital with a brain injury and broken ribs.

Court papers detail the disturbing allegations made by the child's mother, including Burgess kicking and punching the child and stomping on her stomach. The mother told police she believed her child's collarbone was broken because it was protruding.

The latest incident of alleged abuse--this past Thursday--ended with the child having seizures. That's when she was taken to the hospital although Burgess admitted to police he did not want the mother to call 911 initially.

Burgess is locked up in the Northumberland County jail. He did not make his $200,000 bail. Burgess told the district judge he was offended by the charges and he needs to be with his girlfriend and her child.
1571035803815.png
1571035841011.png

Arabella Parker likes playgrounds, animals, kisses and hugs. But most of all, the 3-year-old loves ice cream.

Today however, she remains in critical condition at Geisinger Medical Center in Danville with a 10-percent chance of survival after state troopers said she was beaten so badly, surgeons were forced to remove a portion of her brain.

"She is a happy kid and a kid that loves to give hugs and kisses," Arabella's mother, Samantha Delcamp, said during an interview at The Daily Item on Sunday afternoon. "I want her to recover, and even if she can't ever speak again, I just want her with me."

Delcamp, who had been dating Burgess for the past four months, said she fears for her safety since Friday, when news of the arrest emerged.

"I have been threatened by people in the community and told I better not walk down the street or they will kill me," Delcamp said. "Everyone is saying I had something to do with this and I didn't. No one can understand what I am going through and no one understands that I did make reports, and I tried to get help to break us free from him.

Arabella is Delcamp's only child. Her father is currently incarcerated at SCI-Coal Township, and he has been informed of the situation, Delcamp's sister, Mandy Kegler, 32, of Sunbury, said.

"He is devastated about all of this," Kegler said, adding that she visited Arabella on Saturday and spoke with a doctor who told her that Arabella's brain has no activity and that the child is on life support.

"This whole situation is so, so sad, and I can't even believe this is happening to us," Kegler said. "I am just in shock."

Delcamp said the incidents of abuse started months ago when she met Burgess on social media. Delcamp said she eventually moved in with Burgess and two other people on Reagan Street in Sunbury until about a month ago, when Northumberland County Children and Youth Services paid a visit to the home.

"A caseworker came to check on Arabella, and she had brusies, but we were not home when the caseworker came," Delcamp said. "He (Burgess) didn't want us to be home so he made us drive around."

Delcamp said she called the caseworker back, and said she would drive herself down to the county building to meet with them.

"When we got there, they asked me a few questions, and I was scared to tell them anything," the child's mother said. "I had been warned not to open my mouth."

Things settled down after that, and she and Burgess moved to Trevorton in August.

"Everything was fine except for some minor things, but then it got bad when he started to tell me he didn't like how Arabella would make a sound when she breathed," Delcamp said. "He said to shut her up, because it would tweek him out."

On Oct. 10, Delcamp said, she arrived home, and that's when everything broke loose.

"He (Burgess) got mad," she said. "Arabella wasn't eating and he picked her up and slammed her off the wall. I screamed at him, and he then started to hit me."

From there Burgess continued to strike the child and eventually threw Arabella to the floor, Delcamp said. Troopers included statements similar to these in arrest documents.

"Arabella was on the floor having a seizure and I crawled next to her," Delcamp said. "I stayed with her until the ambulance arrived."

Delcamp said Burgess prevented her from calling 911 initially, but after a relative arrived, 911 was contacted.

"I was in the ambulance with Arabella and stayed with her until until the morning," Delcamp said.

Burgess also arrived at Geisinger. The next morning, he and Delcamp later returned to Trevorton.

"He told me that if Arabella didn't make it that would be OK because we could have a child," she said. "He also told me I better not blame him for what happened, and that if this was all to much, we could have a double suicide."

Delcamp said she went home and spoke with a county Children and Youth Services worker before state police troopers arrived and placed Burgess and her in handcuffs.

Delcamp said troopers released her from the handcuffs, and she spent the next eight hours being interviewed.

"I know I will take backlash for this, but I want my story told because I love my daughter and I want my daughter back with me," she said. "I know people think I had something to do with this and I didn't report this, so I am to blame, but I never thought this would happen, and I and Arabella were both very scared."

Delcamp said protective custody homes have reached out to her to offer assistance.

"If Arabella could talk to me right know she would look at me and smile," Delcamp said. "I just want to see her smile at me."

I have no words right now that are not just out right wrong.

I would prefer for this child to pass peacefully than be returned to this worthless cunt.

You are not the victim bitch your daughter is. She cannot be trusted to put the best interest of her daughter first.

I will leave it at that because I just might get banned tonight.
1571036442277.png

1571036613510.png

This is the baby beating bitch mom had to have.

Last edited:
@Alf

I added more in an edit.

You will be more offended.
Burgess appeared on screen and told Gembic there is more to the story than what troopers and D.A. Matulewicz are saying.

"I am offended by these charges," Burgess said. "The child needs me right now and I can't remain here in jail."

Police said they interviewed Burgess on Friday. The suspect told police he received a text message from the mother of the child talking about him abusing her and the child. This message upset him and he punched the woman and slapped, punched and kicked the child, troopers said.

Burgess then forced the mother and child to "march up and down the hallway of the home while he watched football," according to arrest documents filed by state police.

Burgess told troopers he was also arguing with the woman and the child would not eat her food, so he picked her up by the shoulders and pinned her against the wall, troopers said.

Burgess then attempted to throw the child on to the sofa but he missed, troopers said.
The child then hit the floor and began to have seizures. Burgess did not want the mother to call 911, troopers said. Burgess said his mother was a nurse and would know what to do, troopers said. Burgess called his mother and she arrived 20 minutes later and 911 was then called, troopers said. Burgess said it took 45-minutes for an ambulance to arrive at the residence.

Burgess told Gembic on Saturday that the story troopers are telling is untrue and that he has cared for the child and mother. Burgess said, "I need to be with them (the child and mother) ASAP."

"If you guys (Gembic and Matulewicz) were in my shoes you would understand," Burgess said.
Gembic responded: "I am not in your shoes, but I am putting myself in the shoes of that child. We are supposed to look out for and care for children and the elderly. Someone failed here."

Matulewicz told Gembic: "This child's skull cap had to be removed to release the swelling because her head was caved in. We will prove without a doubt that Mr. Burgess is the one who caused these injuries. This child does not need to have him around her. What I have seen is disgusting and repulsive. And this case is still under investigation and I will prosecute anyone that was involved."

Gembic set his $200,000 bail, and Burgess said he felt the amount was too high.

"That's your choice to set it at that, but I want you to know there is much more to this," Burgess said. "I was at the hospital and there were no bruises on the child before she went in for surgery."

Gembic reminded Burgess that he is also charged with hitting the mother of the child.

"That was long ago," Burgess said. "And I only ever smacked the child on her butt."
1571037155275.png

Last edited:
The bitch clearly failed as a Mother, To protect her child. She saw previous "Serious" abuse and refused to get her child out of the house and to a safe location as is her responsibility. I couldn't care less if she went back to be his punching bag for a few more rounds, so long as that child was removed but that wasn't the case. She needs to be locked up as well.

“She remained unconscious while transported to Geisinger where it was determined she had suffered a brain injury, multiple broken ribs, hemorrhaging from the vagina and multiple bruises about the face and body, the affidavit states.”

“She remained unconscious while transported to Geisinger where it was determined she had suffered a brain injury, multiple broken ribs, hemorrhaging from the vagina and multiple bruises about the face and body, the affidavit states.”

Haemorrhaging from the vagina? did he rape her too? unless possibly the blows to abdomen? ugh. poor little doll. stupid useless mother.

Arabella Parker has made significant improvements but continues to fight for her life a family spokesperson said.

Sarah Delcamp, the aunt of Parker, told The Daily Item on Saturday the 3-year-old has made huge strides over the last 10 days. Delcamp said doctors have removed various medical devices and the child began to respond. Geisinger Medical Center, in Danville, still has Parker listed in critical condition.

“She has color, she is moving around and she is determined,” Delcamp said. “It’s still a long road for her and she is still in critical condition but she is a million times better than she was last week.”

Delcamp said the family remains hopeful for a miracle of a partial recovery but Delcamp said she is just thankful her niece is still alive.

“It is still too early to tell anything and the doctors have been wonderful,” Delcamp said. “Arabella gets mad when they move her breathing machine around and that is a good sign that she is starting to know what is happening. She is starting to look like Arabella again.”

Delcamp said doctors removed monitoring machines and even let Parker breathe on her own for small amounts of time.

“There is just so much left to determine in this,” Delcamp said. “She can breathe for small amounts of time and then starts to struggle but again this is a huge improvement from a week ago.”

Delcamp said doctors are saying they have no way of knowing the extent of any permanent injuries at this time.

“We are just thankful for the support we are getting,” Delcamp said. “There are a lot of people blaming the whole family for this and this is just not the case. Right now, we are focused on Arabella and we are continuing to stay with her around the clock.

I’ll breathe slowly and await the charges coming to that poor excuse of a mother. She not only chose that loser, but she chose to stay with him knowing he was brutalizing her fragile innocent child. I could give a shit what he was doing to her, a grown ass adult that chose to be there. I actually hope she’s sitting back thinking she’s off the hook and people feel sorry for her-and then WHAM! Handcuffs and arrested. As for little Douche Canoe I wish someone would blow up his bathroom selfie poster size and hang it right above his cell toilet for him to admits daily.

@GoneWest @Satanica
A mother is facing child endangerment charges after her boyfriend allegedly assaulted her daughter.

Samantha Delcamp of Trevorton was arrested Thursday night in Northumberland County.

The District Attorney tells Newswatch 16 Delcamp will face child endangerment and other related charges.

Christy Willis, the mother of Jahrid Burgess, provided numerous false and misleading statements and attempted to prevent authorities from investigating the abuse of Arabella Parker earlier this month according to state police.

On Wednesday, the Sunbury woman was jailed for what state police said was her involvement in the abuse case of the 3-year old girl.

Willis was taken into custody Wednesday morning and charged with felony intimidation, retaliation or obstruction in child abuse cases, felony hindering apprehension and prosecution, and a misdemeanor charge of false reports to law enforcement.

Arresting Trooper Brian Siebert said Willis lied in two different interviews, saying she was sitting at a kitchen table and Parker was eating a sandwich before falling to the ground and having a seizure.

Troopers said Willis was interviewed on Oct. 10 and told authorities she was inside the home and observed Parker eating a sandwich, walk from the table and fall to the ground with seizures, according to court documents. Willis said Parker began to gasp for air, troopers said.

Later during the interview, Willis said she was not at the residence when Parker began to have seizures, troopers said.

Troopers listened to a 911 call from Willis to Northumberland County 911 and said she sounded, “cool, calm and collected,” with no sense of urgency, according to court documents.

Willis told Gembic she is not a nurse but she works as a nurse's aide. She was taught that when a person is having a seizure wait 5 to 15 minutes before calling an ambulance.

According to troopers, Parker remained on the ground for more than an hour before emergency personnel arrived.

Matulewicz said if Willis would have acted quicker and not tried to help her son and Delcamp, Parker may have had a chance to recover from her injuries.

Willis said Burgess called her the night of the incident but she missed the calls. Willis said she was headed to her son's house because he and Delcamp needed rent money.

Willis said when she arrived she heard a thud and saw Parker on the floor. Willis said she did what she was told to do when a person is having seizures and waited to call 911.

"I'm no doctor but I feel if the ambulance would have come quicker and the EMTs would have secured Arabella better, she may not be in as bad of condition," Willis told Gembic.

1574017576619.png

3-Year-old Arabella Parker is expected to be taken off life support Wednesday.

The decision was revealed Friday by Mandy Delcamp Kegler, the aunt who has custody of Arabella. The possibility of her organs being donated is being explored, she said. It was reached after consulting with family members and doctors at Geisinger Medical Center near Danville, where the toddler has been in critical condition for more than a month, she said.

Kegler acknowledged making the decision was a difficult one. Arabella’s father Karl Parker, who is in jail for violating probation, was among those consulted, she said.

“I just want her to be in peace,” she said about her niece. Kegler makes daily visits to Geisinger and reads to the toddler as if she were awake.

Part of Arabella’s brain has been surgically removed and Kegler said she has been told she is unlikely to ever wake up.

The bitch clearly failed as a Mother, To protect her child. She saw previous "Serious" abuse and refused to get her child out of the house and to a safe location as is her responsibility. I couldn't care less if she went back to be his punching bag for a few more rounds, so long as that child was removed but that wasn't the case. She needs to be locked up as well.
I agree and disagree at the same time. 4 months is too soon to be living in your house, but DV is crippling

I agree and disagree at the same time. 4 months is too soon to be living in your house, but DV is crippling
Yah nope. As a victim of DV , you would have to kill me before you lay a hand on my children. And 4 MONTHS. If a man can get you under his thumb in 4 months you are just one stupid bitch plain and simple. No goddamn excuse for allowing your child to take the beating cuz you didn't want it to happen to you. Any real mother would lay their life down for their kid. Not to mention there is evidence the abuse to her child started the FIRST MONTH she got with the bastard. I just can't comprehend that. She claims she stayed to protect her child. Look how that ended up. She used that child to protect herself from a guy she could have just dumped. Period.

Last edited:
Yah nope. As a victim of DV , you would have to kill me before you lay a hand on my children. And 4 MONTHS. If a man can get you under his thumb in 4 months you are just one stupid bitch plain and simple. No goddamn excuse for allowing your child to take the beating cuz you didn't want it to happen to you. Any real mother would lay their life down for their kid. Not to mention there is evidence the abuse to her child started the FIRST MONTH she got with the bastard. I just can't comprehend that. She claims she stayed to protect her child. Look how that ended up. She used that child to protect herself from a guy she could have just dumped. Period.
Not to mention... it's not like she was in a 10+ year relationship being beaten to a shell of a human. He didn't have her chained in the basement and forced her to watch her child get abused. She was able to go out. She visited family. Police came to their residence at least twice and she told them everything was fine. She took her child ON HER OWN to I believe speech therapy (or something like that) and said NOTHING. She had all those chances to say "He's hurting my child. Please take her" she did not. I have zero sympathy for this pathetic twat. She did not try ONCE to save her child.

This is a PSA to all women.

If your boyfriend smacks you around, beats you up, lays a hand on your kids, I'll be there to take you away to somewhere safe, protect your kids and beat the shit out of that MF'er because I personally enjoy making cowardly, predatory "men" bleed. Also because I know from personal experience that telling the police "Yeah I did it, because he was smacking his girlfriend around" is like presenting a get-out-of-jail-free card.

If your boyfriend smacks you around, beats you up or lays a hand on your kids the second time, I'll be there to take your kids away from you, and call you a pathetic coward.

You can be a victim and a pathetic coward at the same time, But if you choose to have a child, you have an obligation to protect the child with your life. Your fear of being alone or even your fear of being hurt does not supersede your obligation to protect that child.

If a man hurts you once, he'll do it again. If you think "he'll change", you're lying to yourself. If you think that getting your ass beaten every-time his team doesn't win is better than being alone, that's your choice. When you bring a child into that equation, well, everything that happens to them is your fault, as equally as it is of the asshole you chose to shack up with. Because you knew it would happen.

The first time, you have my unequaled sympathy and unrelenting vengeance at your disposal. The second time, fuck you. You are pathetic, you knew this was going to happen and you chose to wait around for it. You knew what you were getting into and chose to ignore it because you were afraid. We all get afraid, having a vagina doesn't give you moral immunity from the consequences of your fear.

Last edited:
Back