• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A 12-year-old girl is in custody, accused of severely hurting her 3-month-old brother.

The girl is being held in the Trumbull County Juvenile Detention Center on a felonious assault charge.

Police were called to the Trumbull Regional Medical Center on Tuesday to investigate when the baby showed up with signs of serious physical harm.

Detectives say the baby had broken bones and multiple head injuries.

He's currently undergoing tests at the pediatric intensive care unit at Akron Children's Hospital's main campus in Akron.

"Interviewing her, she started making admissions of being violent with the child. I spoke with the prosecutor's office and we took her into custody," said Det. Nick Carney, Warren Police Department.

I don't give a shit what happened, this was the parents fault.

12 year olds are not capable of dealing with an infant in a responsible manner. The parents knew that and still allowed this to happen. Where were they? Fucking in the backroom? Or off somewhere getting high?

While I think it depends on the child, 12 is probably too young to be supervising a baby.

The article does not specifically say the 12yo was babysitting and alone in the home with the child.

We also do not know if the child had any limitations (emotionally or mentally) that the parent (s) should have known about.

A baby boy remains hospitalized with a bleeding brain, fractured skull, and a broken arm while his 12-year-old sister awaits a competency hearing ordered by a juvenile court judge.

The 12-year-old entered a “not true” plea to a charge of felonious assault in Trumbull County Family Court on Tuesday.

Warren Police charged the sister last month after her three-month-old brother was taken for treatment of injuries including two brain bleeds, a fractured skull, and a broken left arm.

The sister will be assigned legal counsel to represent her in juvenile court.

I wonder what happened ... like was she being taken advantage of and lose it, or did she just hate the kid. Good thing he survived (maybe) ... This mom is going to be extra busy between hospital and jail visits and hopefully parenting classes and psyche assessments ... after all she made the girl.

Idk... when I was 12 I watched my neighbors 4 kids aged 2 through 8. I cleaned the house, made the kids lunch and managed to do this all summer long without hurting anyone. Granted there wasn't a 3 month old... but I was 12 and did just fine with that responsibility.
And I don't know any mom that has children several years apart that doesn't have the older kid help out with the baby. So I would need to know more about the situation before placing all the blame on the parental units. There is of course some... but maybe not all.

From the injuries sounds like she may have been carrying him by his arm like a doll and knocked him into shit as she walked by them....maybe intentionally maybe not only she knows....as for the parents...where the fuck were they indeed? That baby had to have been crying something fierce after the first whatever was done to him.

Back