• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A 12-year-old boy got suspended from a school in Massachusetts for hugging a teacher.

The child attends Forest Grove Middle School in Worcester. The seventh grader said he was playing with friends in gym class last month when the teacher told him to sit out.

The child said he went up to and hugged his teacher, asking her to let him play again.

Later that day, he was called to the office and suspended for 10 days.

The boy's foster mother is shocked. Julie Orozco said there's nothing in the school handbook about hugs, and she thinks teachers should educate students on the boundaries in their classroom.

"I was told he had put his hands on a teacher. I was shocked and asked for details what happened, and I was told that he hugged his gym teacher," Orozco said.

"Then I went over just, like, and I gave her a hug and said, 'Please, I don't want to sit out,' because I like the game. At the end of the day, I just hugged her, nothing really happened," the student said.

After calls, emails and a hearing, Orozco got the child's punishment reduced to a four-day suspension.

The boy could not have been talked to about boundaries?

Last edited:
Back