• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
IJVI4GXH5REZBN67JHMVGSAV24.PNG

The teenage girl clambered out of the pool, ready to accept victory. A champion swimmer for Anchorage’s Dimond High School, she had crushed her competition in the 100-meter freestyle during Friday night’s meet with a rival from across town.

But as soon as she stepped out of the water, she learned that she had been disqualified.

The reason? Her swimsuit was exposing too much of her buttocks, an official ruled.

The referee’s call, which is now under investigation, has generated intense debate among Alaska’s close-knit swim and dive community, and prompted a larger discussion about how female athletes’ bodies are policed and scrutinized. Lauren Langford, who coaches swimming at another high school in the area, told The Washington Post that she believes racism, in addition to sexism, may have been a factor, given that the teen is among the few nonwhite athletes in a predominantly white sport.

Full Story:

This was a school issued swimsuit. All her teammates were wearing the same suit, and none of them were disqualified. She was the only mixed race swimmer at the meet.

I guess in Alaska, they don't like big butts (and they cannot lie)...

Last edited:
I don't know what to think. I mean, on one hand most sports, even at the pro level, have penalties for uniform infractions - intentional or not. On the other hand, it seems like this is a frequent problem with athletic swimsuits, and is just usually taken for granted. Now, the ref is accusing her of intentionally pulling it up to be more risqué, but I just can't see that happening, and no one seems to be supporting that idea.

She has a fuller butt. She can't help the shape of her butt. She is wearing a SCHOOL ISSUED swimsuit, the same one everyone else wears. She didn't choose the swimsuit, the school did. There is no way any of this is her fault.

It's not like she could pull it down while swimming either. How about they quote the relevant rule, so we can "judge" for ourselves? I'm sure it isn't so, but it's like there's an agenda against females. At least she wasn't beat by a "ma'am".

Get rid of the ref.
There are clear bias in this ones rulings.
Cut the girl a break and train swimmers to dig out the wedgie in the pool before getting out of the water.
Problem solved.

The school district said it is seeking, through ASAA, decertification of the official who disqualified the girl and revisions to the uniform rule. It said the National Federation of High School swimsuit coverage rule “is ambiguous and allows the potential for bias to influence officials’ decisions.”

The article also said that the rule was intended to keep swimmers from intentionally rolling up their suits, and that if it happened on its own, it was not a violation.

Apparently she was the only swimmer with a big butt. That doesn't make it racist, it makes it over reacting and stupid.
And if they over reacted because of her mixed race, then it is racist. Neither you nor I know what was in that refs mind, they could be racist or just stupid. I allowed for either possibility in my comments, while you insist it was absolutely not racist. Your bias is very obvious.

I don;t know that I've ever seen a female swimmer not do it. Get out off the pool, dig your suit outta your butt, grab a towel. The alternative would be to make them wear a privacy skirt so that no one sees if it happened or not, but the boys would have to have one too or it's not fair.

This was a school issued swimsuit. All her teammates were wearing the same suit, and none of them were disqualified. She was the only mixed race swimmer at the meet.

I guess in Alaska, they don't like big butts (and they cannot lie)...
Doesn’t mean it’s the right size, maybe the others wore their correct size, hard to say right or wrong without a comparison
I’m not agreeing or disagreeing :pout::yawn:
Post automatically merged:

disqualification of a female Alaska high schoolswimmer for having what amounted to a bathing suit “wedgie” in her school-issued uniform has been overturned, the Anchorage School District said Tuesday.

Last edited:
There was another article that a coach at a different school was calling it racially motivated. She's a swimmer, but she also hits the weights daily. So yeah, she is going to be a bit bigger than the other girls. Seems like this ref/judge just doesn't like that these two are dominant athletes.

Back