• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1570567297014.png

[....]
According to Woodford County State’s Attorney Greg Minger, the juvenile is set to be charged with five counts of first-degree murder, two counts of arson and one count of aggravated arson.

Two adults and three children, were killed in the April 6 fire at Timerbline Trailer Court.

Escaping the fire were Katrina Alwood and another child.

Just weeks after the fire, Woodford County Coroner Tim Ruestman issued his findings, which ruled the deaths as homicides. The official cause of death the coroner reported was homicide by smoke inhalation.

At about 11:15 a.m. Saturday, April 6, residents could see flames coming from the engulfed trailer. At 11:55 p.m., Coroner Ruestman pronounced the five inside dead.

Last edited by a moderator:
A 9-year-old has been charged with five counts of first-degree murder in connection with a lethal mobile-home fire in April near Goodfield.

The juvenile also has been charged with two counts of arson and one count of aggravated arson, Woodford County State’s Attorney Greg Minger said.

The identity of the suspect was not revealed, given that person’s age. Minger would not reveal additional details about the suspect, including a possible relationship to the victims.

Minger’s decision to prosecute came almost exactly six months following the blaze April 6 that killed two adults and three children in a residence at Timberline Mobile Home Park.

The fire at 14 Cypress Court began shortly after 11 o’clock on a Saturday night. The trailer was engulfed in flames by the time firefighters arrived a few minutes later.

“It was a heavy decision,” he said. “It’s a tragedy, but at the end of the day it’s charging a very young person with one of the most serious crimes we have.

“But I just think it needs to be done at this point, for finality.”

Charges were filed Tuesday, according to Minger. He said the aggravated-arson charge suggests the suspect knew others were present when the fire was set.

Earlier, Woodford County Coroner Tim Ruestman ruled the fire was started intentionally.

1570567211136.png

A 9-year-old Illinois child has been charged with setting an April fire in a mobile home that killed three small children and two adults, according to reports Tuesday.

The unidentified juvenile has been charged with five counts of murder, two counts of arson and one count of aggravated arson, Woodford County State's Attorney Greg Minger told the Peoria Journal Star.

The April 6 fire near Goodfield, southeast of Peoria, killed Kathryn Murray, 69; Jason Wall, 34; Rose Alwood, 2; Daemeon Wall, 2; and Ariel Wall, 1.

The fire began at around 11 p.m. on a Saturday night, the paper reported. By the time firefighters arrived a few minutes later, the trailer was engulfed in flames.

Autopsies revealed they all died of smoke inhalation, the paper reported.

Katrina Alwood, 27, and her juvenile son survived.

She and Jason Wall were engaged to be married, the paper reported.

They were the parents of Ariel and Daemeon. Rose was a niece. Muray was Katrina Alwood’s grandmother.

A 9-year-old from Illinois was charged with murder on Tuesday in connection with a fire at a mobile home earlier this year that killed five people, including three children.

State prosecutors charged the child with five counts of first-degree murder, two counts of arson and one count of aggravated arson, accusing the juvenile of intentionally setting the deadly April fire in Goodfield, the Woodford County State’s Attorney Office told local news outlets.

The fire's youngest victim was just 1 year old.
The office did not say if there were any known connections between the suspect and the victims, but they said the fire was set with the knowledge that people were home.

So the psycho-spawn will probably only get probation after all this. He will no doubt kill again.

If he is being diagnosed with "schizophrenia and bipolar disorder" at age 9, his symptoms must be very extreme, because doctors are usually super reluctant to hang those big labels on kids so young.

Alwood was in the home when the fire broke out when most of the victims were sleeping, but was only able to save herself.

"I stood at the window and I told my kids I was sorry I couldn't save them. Mommy was right here and I loved them. You know, so, at least hopefully they heard that. I told Jason I loved him... And then something told me that they're gone," Alwood said.

"So there was a moment where you could hear them screaming. You could hear your fiancé, and then it ended," Barnett said.

Huh.

A Woodford County boy will not likely be able to stand trial within the coming year on allegations he set a fire that killed five.

The information was given during a Thursday morning hearing in the juvenile division of Woodford County Circuit Court where he was found unfit to stand trial.

The fitness issue is a critical step as, legally, a person must be able to understand the proceedings and assist in their defense. If one can’t, then the case stops and the person is often sent off for mental health treatment to see if they can be made “fit.”

The boy, then 9, was charged in October with first-degree murder, arson and aggravated arson. Also because of his age, a conviction cannot bring incarceration. Probation is possible, for a minimum of five years but not beyond the age of 21. Therapy, counseling and psychological evaluation would be likely.

The April 6, 2019, blaze killed two adults and three children in a residence at Timberline Mobile Home Park. A survivor of the fire, Katrina Alwood, has publicly identified the boy as her son, Kyle Alwood, who also fled the flaming trailer.

There next will be a status hearing on Aug. 6.

From the link provided by @Prettypink513
Everyone is looking at him like he's some kind of monster, but that's not who he is," Alwood told CBS News correspondent Errol Barnett, adding, "People make mistakes, and that's what this is. Yes, it was a horrible tragedy, but it's still not something to throw his life away over."

The victims are all members of the family: Alwood's other children, Daemeon and Ariel Wall, ages 2 and 1, respectively; her grandmother, Kathryn Murray, 69; her fiancé, Jason Wall, 34; and her niece, Rose Alwood, 2. Alwood was in the home when the fire broke out when most of the victims were sleeping, but was only able to save herself.

"I stood at the window and I told my kids I was sorry I couldn't save them. Mommy was right here and I loved them. You know, so, at least hopefully they heard that. I told Jason I loved him... And then something told me that they're gone," Alwood said.

"So there was a moment where you could hear them screaming. You could hear your fiancé, and then it ended," Barnett said.

"I don't know what's worse. Hearing him scream, or when it stopped," Alwood said, choking up with tears.

Alwood said her son had been recently diagnosed with a form of schizophrenia, ADHD, and bipolar disorder, and that he is a loving son who deserves a second chance.

We walked with Alwood through her sister Samantha Alwood's home next door. Samantha was Rose's mother.

"She got me out of bed. She made my days better. And it hurts her not being here," Samantha said.

Unlike her sister, Samantha wants her nephew, Kyle, to face a strict punishment.

Jesus, the mother sounds just as fucking bad. I mean...OK it's a fire, but fuck me if I would not at least attempt to save the 1 & 2 yr old.

How the fuck did the fat cow save herself, but not grab a small kid on the way out the door, because we sure the fuck know her fat ass didn't escape out a window. I mean, it's a tiny ass trailer man!

Or the fiance didn't wake up when lard ass here for out of bed? Just so many questions

She would not be living with me if she had allowed my child to die, unless I knew for sure she had tried her best and just couldn't get to where the children were sleeping. But she'd have to have a shit load of burns and had to be carried out by the FD.

I got a fat ass too, but I would hope in the same situation I would at least make an attempt, instead of just telling them I love them and see you in heaven when I eventually get there.

Back