• You must be logged in to see or use the chatbox

1570567297014-png.24612

[....]
According to Woodford County State’s Attorney Greg Minger, the juvenile is set to be charged with five counts of first-degree murder, two counts of arson and one count of aggravated arson.

Two adults and three children, were killed in the April 6 fire at Timerbline Trailer Court.

Escaping the fire were Katrina Alwood and another child.

Just weeks after the fire, Woodford County Coroner Tim Ruestman issued his findings, which ruled the deaths as homicides. The official cause of death the coroner reported was homicide by smoke inhalation.

At about 11:15 a.m. Saturday, April 6, residents could see flames coming from the engulfed trailer. At 11:55 p.m., Coroner Ruestman pronounced the five inside dead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A 9-year-old has been charged with five counts of first-degree murder in connection with a lethal mobile-home fire in April near Goodfield.

The juvenile also has been charged with two counts of arson and one count of aggravated arson, Woodford County State’s Attorney Greg Minger said.

The identity of the suspect was not revealed, given that person’s age. Minger would not reveal additional details about the suspect, including a possible relationship to the victims.

Minger’s decision to prosecute came almost exactly six months following the blaze April 6 that killed two adults and three children in a residence at Timberline Mobile Home Park.

The fire at 14 Cypress Court began shortly after 11 o’clock on a Saturday night. The trailer was engulfed in flames by the time firefighters arrived a few minutes later.

“It was a heavy decision,” he said. “It’s a tragedy, but at the end of the day it’s charging a very young person with one of the most serious crimes we have.

“But I just think it needs to be done at this point, for finality.”

Charges were filed Tuesday, according to Minger. He said the aggravated-arson charge suggests the suspect knew others were present when the fire was set.

Earlier, Woodford County Coroner Tim Ruestman ruled the fire was started intentionally.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
Staff member
1570567211136-png.24611

A 9-year-old Illinois child has been charged with setting an April fire in a mobile home that killed three small children and two adults, according to reports Tuesday.

The unidentified juvenile has been charged with five counts of murder, two counts of arson and one count of aggravated arson, Woodford County State's Attorney Greg Minger told the Peoria Journal Star.

The April 6 fire near Goodfield, southeast of Peoria, killed Kathryn Murray, 69; Jason Wall, 34; Rose Alwood, 2; Daemeon Wall, 2; and Ariel Wall, 1.

The fire began at around 11 p.m. on a Saturday night, the paper reported. By the time firefighters arrived a few minutes later, the trailer was engulfed in flames.

Autopsies revealed they all died of smoke inhalation, the paper reported.

Katrina Alwood, 27, and her juvenile son survived.

She and Jason Wall were engaged to be married, the paper reported.

They were the parents of Ariel and Daemeon. Rose was a niece. Muray was Katrina Alwood’s grandmother.

Cassiopeia

A 9-year-old from Illinois was charged with murder on Tuesday in connection with a fire at a mobile home earlier this year that killed five people, including three children.

State prosecutors charged the child with five counts of first-degree murder, two counts of arson and one count of aggravated arson, accusing the juvenile of intentionally setting the deadly April fire in Goodfield, the Woodford County State’s Attorney Office told local news outlets.

The fire's youngest victim was just 1 year old.
The office did not say if there were any known connections between the suspect and the victims, but they said the fire was set with the knowledge that people were home.

Brillig

Danse Macabre Instructor
Bold Member!
So the psycho-spawn will probably only get probation after all this. He will no doubt kill again.

If he is being diagnosed with "schizophrenia and bipolar disorder" at age 9, his symptoms must be very extreme, because doctors are usually super reluctant to hang those big labels on kids so young.

Old Man Metal

Trusted Member
Staff member
Alwood was in the home when the fire broke out when most of the victims were sleeping, but was only able to save herself.

"I stood at the window and I told my kids I was sorry I couldn't save them. Mommy was right here and I loved them. You know, so, at least hopefully they heard that. I told Jason I loved him... And then something told me that they're gone," Alwood said.

"So there was a moment where you could hear them screaming. You could hear your fiancé, and then it ended," Barnett said.
Huh.

Members online