• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

JackBurton

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
My asswipe nephew who lives nearby in Wyoming had been keepin' me updated on this, mentioned it in that trash obnoxious chat box but i guess nobody else cared enough to read up on it or make a thread, worthless nitwits, so i figure i would. They've had highs topping out at 5 degrees, with temps especially at night hitting -20 and lower during the time she's been missing.

The 9-year-old girl missing in rural Pennington County since Sunday morning is "unlikely" to have survived three days of below-zero temperatures, the Pennington County Sheriff's Office said Tuesday.
Now, after more than 200 people, six dogs and an airplane investigated and searched three days for 9-year-old Serenity Dennard, the search effort will transition into a recovery operation.
"If Serenity was outside, it’s unlikely she survived. We have not ruled out the possibility that she found some place warm to shelter or that someone picked her up. We still have an active investigation and will follow up on all leads," the sheriff's office said
Dennard was last seen at 11 a.m. Sunday walking north on South Rockerville Road after running from the Black Hills Children's Home, a residential youth facility near Rockerville.
Dennard and three other children were being supervised by two staff members when one of the other children ran away, Colson said. As a staffer ran after that child, Dennard then took off herself. Because the remaining staffer was still supervising two other children, the staffer stayed put and called for help rather than follow Dennard.
Other staff soon arrived to find her, but to no avail, Colson said. Staff then called 911.
The Children's Home Society is a private nonprofit that provides residential treatment and programs for children with emotional or behavioral needs, and victims of domestic violence, abuse and neglect, or other trauma.

Thought i read in another article that DHS put the kid there. Either way, from what ive read the main purpose of the place is for such reasons. Thinking it's possible someone picked her up, perhaps the folks who are the reason she was sent there in the first place. Maybe they arranged something during a visitation or something without anyone knowing. Who knows. Kinda shitty that something like that is the best case scenario. OF course the other possibility is that she froze to death.

Amazing how inept this place is though, just watching and doing jack shit while a kid runs right out the door and into the deadly weather. Another article mentioned that she either had no coat or just a light jacket on. "Uh oh, kid is about to run out the front door and into the nightmare cold, i would do something but i have to watch these other two kids who are currently safe inside the warm, although clearly not-so secure building. I suppose I could bring them with me to chase after and stop this kid, but fuck it, Ill just let her go, what could go wrong?"

Almost gotta wonder if someone that works at that facility did something to her and this whole, "ran out the door and we lost her" nonsense is a coverrup.

Her scumbag family is going to get quite the payday out of this, if they aren't the ones responsible for her disappearance that is.

[GALLERY=media, 314][/GALLERY]

Attachments

• Serenity Dennard.jpg
    Serenity Dennard.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 1,860
Last edited by a moderator:
My asswipe nephew who lives nearby in Wyoming had been keepin me updated on this, mentioned it in that trash obnoxious chat box but i guess nobody else cared enough to read up on it or make a thread, worthless nitwits, so i figure i would. They've had highs topping out at 5 degrees, with temps especially at night hitting -20 and lower during the time she's been missing.

The 9-year-old girl missing in rural Pennington County since Sunday morning is "unlikely" to have survived three days of below-zero temperatures, the Pennington County Sheriff's Office said Tuesday.
Now, after more than 200 people, six dogs and an airplane investigated and searched three days for 9-year-old Serenity Dennard, the search effort will transition into a recovery operation.
"If Serenity was outside, it’s unlikely she survived. We have not ruled out the possibility that she found some place warm to shelter or that someone picked her up. We still have an active investigation and will follow up on all leads," the sheriff's office said
Dennard was last seen at 11 a.m. Sunday walking north on South Rockerville Road after running from the Black Hills Children's Home, a residential youth facility near Rockerville.
Dennard and three other children were being supervised by two staff members when one of the other children ran away, Colson said. As a staffer ran after that child, Dennard then took off herself. Because the remaining staffer was still supervising two other children, the staffer stayed put and called for help rather than follow Dennard.
Other staff soon arrived to find her, but to no avail, Colson said. Staff then called 911.
The Children's Home Society is a private nonprofit that provides residential treatment and programs for children with emotional or behavioral needs, and victims of domestic violence, abuse and neglect, or other trauma.

Thought i read in another article that DHS put the kid there. Either way, from what ive read the main purpose of the place is for such reasons. Thinking it's possible someone picked her up, perhaps the folks who are the reason she was sent there in the first place. Maybe they arranged something during a visitation or something without anyone knowing. Who knows. Kinda shitty that something like that is the best case scenario. OF course the other possiblity is that she froze to death.

Almost gotta wonder if someone that works at that facility did something to her and this whole, "ran out the door and we lost her" nonsense is a coverrup.

Her scumbag family is going to get quite the payday out of this, if they arent the ones responsible for her dissappearance that is.
put her up on twitter because there's people from areas near there that doing missing kids and women

"... Dennard and three other children were being supervised by two staff members when one of the other children ran away, Colson said. As a staffer ran after that child, Dennard then took off herself. Because the remaining staffer was still supervising two other children, the staffer stayed put and called for help rather than follow Dennard.
Other staff soon arrived to find her, but to no avail, Colson said. Staff then called 911. …"

This is highly disturbing on the appearance; by the gist of what's being implied here is that they had 2 staffers on duty, watching 4 children - but why did other staff need to "soon arrive(d) to find her"?
Were these other staffers not already on site/duty?
If they were, then could none of them had dropped whatever they were doing at the time the girl took off to go after her immediately?
Having worked with MR adults in a living facility where some of them would just start wandering off at times, we always had more than enough personnel on hand to be sure that all others were supervised while one or more of us retrieved the occasional wandering client - which could happen day or night, as the clients knew how to unlock and open the doors. We had two in particular that we had to watch for this, as they were also developing Alzheimer's on top of being mentally challenged (and our only 2 who weren't wheelchair bound).

With abused/neglected children especially, a facility would need to keep constant watch over all the children for this possibility, and that means being well staffed with more than 1 staff member for every 2 children ratio.
These are the kids who've often been through hell and back, or are little hell raisers, and that makes all of them likely to run off at some point during their stay.

The weather alone would have been reason to increase the staff, not lower it, as the children would obviously suffer from boredom and a few would almost certainly attempt to go outside to play in the snow, without having a clue to the danger of the cold temperatures.
It's a pitifully sad situation and statement on DHS when you're hoping a child may be alive but abducted, versus the prospect of finding her frozen body somewhere outside in sub zero weather.

that isn't the way it is for most places Sio, I worked at a group home and they had usually just one on with about 8/10 kids

Good grief, that's hideous.
Imagine an afterschool child care business that tried to manage 8-10 abused/neglected/problem children per person - it'd be damn near impossible to keep up with all of them.
Not all of our staff were client aids like myself, there were more that were housekeeping than aids, but in a pinch, a housekeeping staffer could supervise while an aid went for a client, or had to tend to a minor wound in the medic room and such. Our home only had 11 clients, but that was one home out of many at the Key Training Center, and we were heavily supervised by DHS - there was always at least one DHS liaison on duty at the center 24/7, as the clients were all special needs and fell under the protections of the Retarded Citizens Bill of Rights (which now, IIRC has been amended to cover children, elderly, or anyone who may not know/understand their rights).

Actually, i cant find it right now but im positive i read an article that stated the normal ratio at the facility was like 1 staff per 4 children during activities like these. They actually were enjoying a fuller staffed situation when she ran off.

So it sounds like what staff they did have on duty was insufficient when faced with two children running off in different directions.
Yeah, someone's gonna sue and make a shit load for this, even if the child was placed there for her protection.
:rolleyes:

ETA: Between the snow and ice, I suspect they may not find her remains until the spring thaw. :mad:

Last edited:
protections of the Retarded Citizens Bill of Rights

This is actually a thing?

hahah be a good name for the actual Bill of Rights too, given what total dipshits the majority of Americans are hahaha

ETA: Between the snow and ice, I suspect they may not find her remains until the spring thaw. :mad:

Eh it usually doesnt snow feet upon feet, even up in the hills, in that region. It's not like other cold as fuck places as far as that goes. Of course with the intense wind, it's possible super high drifts can accumulate in certain places. I suppose it's possible she could have been buried, although i think unlikely. It would depend on where she was at when/if she collapsed/succombed to the cold/etc. If she was in a spot blocked by the wind or snowfall, and since it's a hilly/forested area with a lot of valleys and so forth, there certainly are numerous such spots, she shouldnt get too covered up.

Oh wow just came across this though while trying to google up how much snow fell in taht area...

"The Rapid City Journal reported Friday that staff at the facility waited more than an hour and a half before calling 911 after Serenity ran away."

WOW. This backs my belief that someone who works there did something and there's a coverup afoot.

Either that or these jokers knew what a shitshow it would cause for themselves and the facility if they called 9-11 saying they lost a kid, and thus tried to find her themselves to avoid trouble. If that was the case, looks like that bit em in the ass.

It is odd they havent found a body yet, even with the weather hiatuses. Given how cold it was nad how she was dressed, there's no way she could have made it too far from the facility. Makes me think somebody picked her up.

Last edited:

hahah be a good name for the actual Bill of Rights too, given what total dipshits the majority of Americans are hahaha

Yes, it's actually a thing that's been around for decades, and the main difference between it and the regular Bill of Rights is one simple glaring detail:
That persons who understand their own civil rights and witness violations of children's/special needs individual's rights are legally obligated to report any and all such violations to LE and/or DHS/CFS (whatever it may be called in your state).
Because these people may not be able to ever understand their rights, or even know that they have them, those of us who are fully aware of our rights (and hence, theirs too) must step up and help/aid in the protection of the rights for those with little or no understanding.
This can now cover anyone from a child/teen, mentally handicapped, dementia/Alzheimer's patient, to even a person in a vegetative state/coma - if they can't speak up for themselves, we're bound by law to do so when we see the necessity for doing such - whether it's something like someone taking advantage of their money/property, employer's stealing from their pay/overtime, denying them access to nearby specialized education facilities, discrimination, mental/physical abuse, right to worship or not to worship, to even rape and sexual abuse.
For many years it was labeled "The Retarded Citizens BoR", but as I said, I think it's now been amended to include all citizens who'd otherwise not know or have full understanding of their rights.

And yeah, sadly, there are way too many Americans who are perfectly capable of understanding and knowing their rights, but are too damn lazy to bother to learn them - that is, until they're arrested and they have to get their public pretender to explain everything to them. :banghead:

Found the parents(appears to be dad and stepmom, cant tell for positive though on that makeup) facebooks. Nothing odd or suspicious at all, nothing telling of anything at all. I wont post names/links(werent hard to find anyways) cuz at this point it doesnt seem to hold any pertinence and the family appears to be on the up and up. They appear to have numerous other kids still in the home goin by pictures.

Does appear they had a baby very recently.

Could be why this kid got put in this home for damage case kids. If you got a kid who struggles with some form of emotional problems or mental disorder and resulting negative behaviors, it makes sense to seek some outside help/placement especially if you have a fragile newborn entering into the environment(or if there was State involvement, it makes sense for them to pull the one kid and put em in such a facility under those circumstances).

Good grief, that's hideous.
Imagine an afterschool child care business that tried to manage 8-10 abused/neglected/problem children per person - it'd be damn near impossible to keep up with all of them.
my particular house was considered the worse.That call is supposed to be made immediately by law. If I had made it it meant the girls would immediately go back to lock down in juvie. The one time I should've made it I didn't but went out and gt the two girls which was insane as it endangered my own life but got them back. In a situation like this with the weather it is criminal charges not just of neglect but manslaughter as that was a death sentence

Last edited:
"... Dennard and three other children were being supervised by two staff members when one of the other children ran away, Colson said. As a staffer ran after that child, Dennard then took off herself. Because the remaining staffer was still supervising two other children, the staffer stayed put and called for help rather than follow Dennard.
Other staff soon arrived to find her, but to no avail, Colson said. Staff then called 911. …"

This is highly disturbing on the appearance; by the gist of what's being implied here is that they had 2 staffers on duty, watching 4 children - but why did other staff need to "soon arrive(d) to find her"?
Were these other staffers not already on site/duty?
If they were, then could none of them had dropped whatever they were doing at the time the girl took off to go after her immediately?
Having worked with MR adults in a living facility where some of them would just start wandering off at times, we always had more than enough personnel on hand to be sure that all others were supervised while one or more of us retrieved the occasional wandering client - which could happen day or night, as the clients knew how to unlock and open the doors. We had two in particular that we had to watch for this, as they were also developing Alzheimer's on top of being mentally challenged (and our only 2 who weren't wheelchair bound).

With abused/neglected children especially, a facility would need to keep constant watch over all the children for this possibility, and that means being well staffed with more than 1 staff member for every 2 children ratio.
These are the kids who've often been through hell and back, or are little hell raisers, and that makes all of them likely to run off at some point during their stay.

The weather alone would have been reason to increase the staff, not lower it, as the children would obviously suffer from boredom and a few would almost certainly attempt to go outside to play in the snow, without having a clue to the danger of the cold temperatures.
It's a pitifully sad situation and statement on DHS when you're hoping a child may be alive but abducted, versus the prospect of finding her frozen body somewhere outside in sub zero weather.
Right!? Why were there not fences surrounding the property or secure locks on the doors or (apparently) literally any other security measures!? They KNOW the population they are working with and obviously were not prepared. Way to de-regulate, Wyoming.

SD not Wyoming, and ive read up on similar facilities that choose not to lock the place down or put up gates and fencing and shit cuz they dont want it to feel like a prison environment.

Last edited:

Eh it usually doesnt snow feet upon feet, even up in the hills, in that region. It's not like other cold as fuck places as far as that goes. Of course with the intense wind, it's possible super high drifts can accumulate in certain places. I suppose it's possible she could have been buried, although i think unlikely. It would depend on where she was at when/if she collapsed/succombed to the cold/etc. If she was in a spot blocked by the wind or snowfall, and since it's a hilly/forested area with a lot of valleys and so forth, there certainly are numerous such spots, she shouldnt get too covered up.

Oh wow just came across this though while trying to google up how much snow fell in taht area...

"The Rapid City Journal reported Friday that staff at the facility waited more than an hour and a half before calling 911 after Serenity ran away."

WOW. This backs my belief that someone who works there did something and there's a coverup afoot.

Either that or these jokers knew what a shitshow it would cause for themselves and the facility if they called 9-11 saying they lost a kid, and thus tried to find her themselves to avoid trouble. If that was the case, looks like that bit em in the ass.

It is odd they havent found a body yet, even with the weather hiatuses. Given how cold it was nad how she was dressed, there's no way she could have made it too far from the facility. Makes me think somebody picked her up.
Out of the frying pan into the fire is my worry, that a passing pedo offered her a nice warm ride.

Found the parents(appears to be dad and stepmom, cant tell for positive though on that makeup) facebooks. Nothing odd or suspicious at all, nothing telling of anything at all. I wont post names/links(werent hard to find anyways) cuz at this point it doesnt seem to hold any pertinence and the family appears to be on the up and up. They appear to have numerous other kids still in the home goin by pictures.

Does appear they had a baby very recently.

Could be why this kid got put in this home for damage case kids. If you got a kid who struggles with some form of emotional problems or mental disorder and resulting negative behaviors, it makes sense to seek some outside help/placement especially if you have a fragile newborn entering into the environment(or if there was State involvement, it makes sense for them to pull the one kid and put em in such a facility under those circumstances).
This kind of thing does happen. If DCF is called due to a child abusing another child(ren), they usually pull only the child in question unless the parents are complicit.

Here's an update. If you don't feel like reading, she's still missing.

If they haven't found a body and she's not with known relatives, then at this point she's probably locked up in some perverts basement.

I believe the Children's Home Society means well and tries to do an important job. However their track record has not been very good.

love your new profile pic! the kitty always looked like a bare ass with toys next to it
I know right ... I was kind of disappointed when i realised it was a cat.
I found it on eBay.
I searched post mortem antique photos. I collect old odd photos. I didn't buy this one because I only buy originals they are only offering a copy.
So I got my own copy for free.
Post automatically merged:

They have yet to find her but there is this:

Here is a link to the petition I hope everyone will take a moment to sign it.

Last edited:
Meh, id need some stats/info from the govt/law enforcement before thinkin something like that was a good idea. How many calls does even a small state like SD get in a given month, shit in a given week even, from concerned parents about kids being "missing"? How many times does a kid run off to a friends house, or just break curfew while overprotective dweeb parents worry at home, or things of that nature? An alert every damn time such things occur, if it's a plentiful number, is going to be beyond pointless and will significantly lessen the impact in the rare instances where a kid truly is in danger.

Might still make sense for a small population state, but def would be awful for anything close to a decent sized one.

I also dont see how that would have helped anything in this case. Anyone who might have seen her wouldnt have needed some alert to clue them in that the kid was bad off. Girl was in horrid, deathly cold weather without a coat, and this was in a rural/wooded region, not some populated suburban neighborhood where it's commonplace to see kids walkin around.

I searched post mortem antique photos. I collect old odd photos. I didn't buy this one because I only buy originals

You should start killing people to get pictures like this. Couldnt more original than that.

Last edited:
Back