• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A 9-year-old California girl died when she was electrocuted while swimming in her family’s pool, according to reports.

McKenzie Kinley was tragically zapped Sunday afternoon by a wire attached to one of the underwater pool lights under repair, Sacramento Metro Fire officials said.

“As far as we know she grabbed the pool light and it electrocuted her,” her father, Cliff Kinley, told CBS Sacramento.

There were four other children in the pool at the time of the incident, including McKenzie’s younger sister and three other friends, but they were not harmed.

The girl’s family said they spoke out about the incident to educate others about the dangers of electric shock drowning, to spare them the tragedy.

“If nothing comes of losing my daughter, saving the life of others,” said her mother, Lisa Kinley

I dont know understand these "serve as a warning to others" Elementary children learn that electricity and water are not a good mix. Underwater Pool lights doe have a low amp if using a proper set up, but if it was truly under repair, the power would have been cut, or the pool closed. Sounds to me like, it was broken, and they neglected repair.

Nobody listens to warning like this because in their minds this will never happen to them, they are too smart than to allow it to happen. But the reality is that people are devolving and getting dumber and more idiotic by the day. Take this case, if the light was truly under repair why were the children allowed in the pool with the electric still connected to the broken light?

I knew a guy once who was killed by electrocution in a pool. Something fell in, a power line or whatever, and his daughter was in the pool. He dove in and was able to toss her out of the pool before he was killed.

Really good guy, too. It was really sad, but I think just about anyone would have done the same thing in his position.

Last edited:
Back