• You must be logged in to see or use the chatbox

A 9-year-old California girl died when she was electrocuted while swimming in her family’s pool, according to reports.

McKenzie Kinley was tragically zapped Sunday afternoon by a wire attached to one of the underwater pool lights under repair, Sacramento Metro Fire officials said.

“As far as we know she grabbed the pool light and it electrocuted her,” her father, Cliff Kinley, told CBS Sacramento.

There were four other children in the pool at the time of the incident, including McKenzie’s younger sister and three other friends, but they were not harmed.

The girl’s family said they spoke out about the incident to educate others about the dangers of electric shock drowning, to spare them the tragedy.

“If nothing comes of losing my daughter, saving the life of others,” said her mother, Lisa Kinley
1563415139045-png.20512
 

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!


Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!


Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!


Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

I dont know understand these "serve as a warning to others" Elementary children learn that electricity and water are not a good mix. Underwater Pool lights doe have a low amp if using a proper set up, but if it was truly under repair, the power would have been cut, or the pool closed. Sounds to me like, it was broken, and they neglected repair.
 

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!


Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
Nobody listens to warning like this because in their minds this will never happen to them, they are too smart than to allow it to happen. But the reality is that people are devolving and getting dumber and more idiotic by the day. Take this case, if the light was truly under repair why were the children allowed in the pool with the electric still connected to the broken light?
 

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!


Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!


Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
The children shouldn't have been in the pool without supervision. This happens every fucking year, I swear, but usually at some public venue. I recall a number of electrocutions at docks and piers.
 

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!


Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!


Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

CalicoJack

Active Member
Bold Member!
I knew a guy once who was killed by electrocution in a pool. Something fell in, a power line or whatever, and his daughter was in the pool. He dove in and was able to toss her out of the pool before he was killed.

Really good guy, too. It was really sad, but I think just about anyone would have done the same thing in his position.
 
Last edited:

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Staff online

  • Alf
    Keeper of the Dowager Tabby
  • Morbid
    Big Daddy Yum Yum
Top