• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
1565291498152.png

Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody said Wednesday morning that investigators found nine urns containing cremated human remains while searching the office of a former professional guardian.

Rebecca Fierle is accused of signing do not resuscitate orders -- also known as DNRs -- for hundreds of patients, including those in Orange, Seminole and Osceola counties.

She allegedly signed at least one such order without the consent of the family of a 75-year-old Tampa man, who died in May.

Fierle since resigned, and the state launched a criminal investigation.

Moody said the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the Orange County Sheriff's Office searched Fierle's office near downtown Orlando earlier this week.

She said it is unknown to whom the remains belong.

"Anytime you execute a search warrant and remains are found in a particular location, that is always cause for extra scrutiny," she said. "We will be further intensifying our investigation and making sure that we discover the truth and take all appropriate action."

I was asked to notarize one for my disabled neighbor as his health deteriorated. The home healthcare aid was there as well as the family. The patient was also lucid and able to confirm he wanted one. I wouldn't have notarized it otherwise.

. She said it is unknown to whom the remains belong

I had to transfer my friends dad's ashes to a container that could she shipped and there was a little metal tab inside that had his full name and the dates of birth and death.

I always assumed they all did..

Does anyone know if they do?

I have 4 urns in my house right now and am now worried I need to put markers on them.
Post automatically merged:

Oh never mind. I just went and looked and I forgot I got them engraved.

Wheeew.

Back