• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A child actor who went viral for her impressions of Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez says she has stopped making videos because of death threats.

Ava Martinez, 8, who became known earlier this year as 'Mini AOC', posted several videos earlier this year in which she mocked the freshman congresswoman.

But her family said on Wednesday that she would stop making the videos and they would be removing the existing ones due to death threats.

'The Left's Harassment and death threats have gone too far for our family. We have been getting calls on our personal phone numbers,' Martinez's stepfather Salvatore Schachter said in a tweet.

'For our safety and for our child's safety, we deleted all Mini AOC accounts.'

He later told Fox news he had mainly received positive feedback about the videos.

But he claimed the negative reaction had 'become too much' following an incident in which Ava recreated photos AOC had taken at the US-Mexico border last year.

He said that after the pictures were posted online the comments they received were 'increasingly personal, dark, and dangerous.'

'She's disappointed at not doing Mini AOC going forward but we explained that this is for the best and she's okay with it,' Schachter added.

One video posted online earlier this year showed Ava talking about the Green New Deal.

‘Like, I want to talk about, like, climate change. Because, like, there’s no doubt cow farts are making the climate change,’ Ava can be heard exclaiming to the camera.

‘Like, in July, the climate was 96 degrees and in February the climate was 36 degrees. OMG, like that’s a huge change in the climate in only,’ —pausing to count her fingers—‘four months!’

Schachter said he’d previously noticed a likeness between Ava and the New York representative, but after family members started referring to her as ‘Little AOC’, he asked if she wanted to record a video.

‘I thought it would gain attention, because she’s adorable, but not like this,’ the proud step-father told the Post.

Her stepdad admits she wasn’t aware of who AOC was before making the video, but that didn’t stop Ava poking fun at some of the politician’s key policies.

Something has happened to the liberal community in politics and it seems to have happened fairly recently in history. This makes me suspicious that there's some provocation going on. If liberals are going along with this, then they're shooting themselves and their causes in the foot. You can imagine why there are people on youtube ranting about an coming civil war.

@Satanica

They are being high jacked by younger members of the party and a new wave of voters who were brought up in the I am special and my feelings matter generation.

Another thing they have done is turned civil rights into diversity and every person in the Dem party has turned themselves into a victim.

African Americans have been replaced as an important voting base for Hispanic/Latino voters.

People like Booker and Warren and the others in their age range are just saying what they need to say to get elected.

Back